Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
3.4 Changelog:
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject:  3.4 Changelog: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3.4 (Estimated Release: No, God Doesn't Know...)
- revisions by Banshee
- Added: Copy Frames. It allows users to copy a mass of frames from a document to another, or to the same document... or even to a new file. There is also an option to include shadow frames in the copy and in case you copy data between documents with different dimensions, the program will adapt the size of the copy, either by resizing it or resizing canvas.
- Added: Reverse Frames. It allow users to reverse a mass of frames from a document. It also allows the user to reverse its equivalent shadows as well.
- Added: Move Frames. It allows users to move a mass of frames from a document. Users can also move frames with their equivalent shadows.
- Added: Conserve Remappables option for Building Tools. You can now use building tools without affect your remappable colours.
- Added: Object Selection. You can now select the data inside a selection, instead of just the area.
- Added: Convert Shadows: TS->RA2. This tool will automatically move the RA2 shadows (colour #12 in the first frames) to TS shadows (colour #1 in the last frames).
- Added: Convert Shadows: RA2->TS. This tool will do the oposite that the tool announced above does.
- Updated: Infurium, CCM (Colour Conversion Method). Infurium is now a little bit slower than before, however, it is more efficient. For the first time, it's getting better results than Full Difference in all tests, since it does everything that Full Difference does, except that when a tie happens, it checks the context (neighboors) and if the neighboorhood is dark or light and select the best colour based on that. Infirium is a processor killer and it can take ages to finish the process and a big pack of your memory, so use it if you really need a top quality import, exclusive from OS SHP Builder.
- Updated: Redo system has been patched to be able to support more changes. Users might not see much difference on this, but devs will.
- Updated: Loading speed is lightly faster and it detects the type of the SHP in a lightly smarter way (although it still is very dumb). It may also detect Tech Buildings (8 frames), although it won't do anything different than it would do with a normal building.
- Bug Fix: Any SHP (TS) file is now read in a much faster speed than it used to do. The number of disk access was optimized to be the lowest needed.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where, under certain conditions, the program would crash when trying to open SHP (TD) files. Now, the program aborts the loading operation and informs the user that the SHP file being opened is not in a valid format.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where the user would receive an access violation when undoing an operation of adding frames, if the user was viewing the last frame.

To Do List:

- Finish object selection
- Import Image in the same SHP
- Fill Selection and other selections
- Object selection engine
- Glow effect
- Finish new interface
- etc...

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:14 pm; edited 10 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today I've finished the conserve remappables part and I've finished to code the copy frames, but it still has a bug that I have to fix. For some reason it's not undoing the correct frames... Sad. But don't worry, I'll sort it later, because I'll halt my work on it for some days. I have a higher priority that you guys will see something about it in the next days...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm almost finished with Copy Frames. I just need to test if it works nice when you have frames with different dimensions. But since that part of the code is pratically copied and paste from another part that works, I doubt I'll have any problems at all with it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today's progress:

- Added: Reverse Frames. It allow users to reverse a mass of frames from a document. It also allows the user to reverse its equivalent shadows as well.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today's progress:

- Updated: Infurium, CCM (Colour Conversion Method). Infurium is now a little bit slower than before, however, it is more efficient. For the first time, it's getting better results than Full Difference in all tests, since it does everything that Full Difference does, except that when a tie happens, it checks the context (neighboors) and if the neighboorhood is dark or light and select the best colour based on that. Infirium is a processor killer and it can take ages to finish the process and a big pack of your memory, so use it if you really need a top quality import, exclusive from OS SHP Builder.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't got much time to work on it recently, due to my university works, but sometimes I mess up with the code a bit. Today I've noticed the ammount of useless disk access that the program does to load SHPs. I've reduced that crap to one and SHPs are loading almost instantaneously here (like it does with XCC Mixer), including the ones with a lot of frames. As far as I could test this change, none of the SHPs crashed, so I believe my change will really not make it instable Smile.

I've also been working on the moving frames feature in these days, but this kind caused a crisis in the old Redo system and I had to rewrite it. Here's the changelog of the day:

- Added: Move Frames. It allows users to move a mass of frames from a document. Users can also move frames with their equivalent shadows.
- Updated: Redo system has been patched to be able to support more changes. Users might not see much difference on this, but devs will.
- Bug Fix: Any SHP (TS) file is now read in a much faster speed than it used to do. The number of disk access was optimized to be the lowest needed.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nevermind the crap above about loading the SHP faster... When I really tested the stuff with this feature, I only get a a ElnOutError 87... that complains of incorrect parameter, I think... anyway, craps from windows...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've recently done the shadow conversion tool that I've promised to do some months ago. RA2 shadows converted to TS look fine. The TS ones (at least the engineer one) was kind weird in the builder because since it moved the shadow stuff to the first frames, it still affected the "greyscale" image in the shadow frames. So, for once, I thought it failed, but it didnt #Tongue.

I've also been working in a way to speed up the loading time from the SHP files. Unfortunatelly Delphi doesn't allow to read one big block with the whole databuffer, like I previously tried, so I have to read byte per byte inumerous times, making the increasing the disk loading... and disk is veeeeeryy slow... so... some big stuff like that Dino from YR or the Seal from RA2 still takes a lot more time to load than it should.

Here's the changelog of the day:

- Added: Convert Shadows: TS->RA2. This tool will automatically move the RA2 shadows (colour #12 in the first frames) to TS shadows (colour #1 in the last frames).
- Added: Convert Shadows: RA2->TS. This tool will do the oposite that the tool announced above does.
- Updated: Loading speed is lightly faster and it detects the type of the SHP in a lightly smarter way (although it still is very dumb). It may also detect Tech Buildings (8 frames), although it won't do anything different than it would do with a normal building.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where, under certain conditions, the program would crash when trying to open SHP (TD) files. Now, the program aborts the loading operation and informs the user that the SHP file being opened is not in a valid format.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Nevermind the crap above about loading the SHP faster... When I really tested the stuff with this feature, I only get a a ElnOutError 87... that complains of incorrect parameter, I think... anyway, craps from windows...

I've re-worked on this and now I am sure it works properly. The big Yuri dinossaur is loading extremely much faster here. I've also tested it with cameos, infantry types and buildings... the difference is absurd Smile.

Thanks a bunch to the Helios Model Viewer engine by Stucuk. It has a nice sample on how to use TStream with pointers that gave me motivation to re-work on it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today I've loaded a recoloured seal that Zombie Dragon has sent me once. His seal was corrupted by an old version of OS SHP Builder. I gotta say that it's a great recolour Smile.

Anyway, his seal is now restored... thanks to the new technology that I implemented today known as Supra Load.

Supra Load is another attempt to make an even faster way to load SHP files on OS SHP Builder. It replaces the On Rescue Load mode that it was cut from alpha versions of OS SHP Builder 3.3 and ressurected on comrad's New Gui SHP Builder...

Anyway, it loads the whole file in one disk access, then it redistributes the data using the RAM. Since RAM is much faster than your HD, the loading time is much faster. Most of the images loads instantaneously. My 2.67mb resized cyborg took about 2 seconds, against 3 seconds from the normal OS SHP Builder Offset Way (from 3.4) and errr.... 1 minute (#Tongue or more) from BS SHP Builder Offset Way that is untouched since 3.x versions. Other tests done with the seal loaded the file in one second, while OS SHP Builder 3.31 used to load it in about 10 seconds, so the user used to notice a lag.

And the big thing from this Supra Load is that it ignores Offset values, as long as it's not 0. Therefore, the wrongly written offsets from 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.21 and 3.22 are ignored and corrupted files load perfectly. I'm gonna send an email to Zomby Dragon with his restored seals. Anyway, I hope any of you haven't deleted your corrupted files... #Tongue, because I know that 6 or more months is a long time...

So, the adition of the day:

- Added: Supra Load. It's a new uber fast way to load SHP files. You can select it at Loading & Saving options at Preferences. The main feature of this loading mode is that it loads files with only one disk access, reaching an ultimate loading speed. The other great characteristic is that it doesn't rely on offsets, so it also fixes SHPs corrupted by OS SHP Builder 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.21 and 3.22

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum