Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PPM Graphic Competition: 1st Challenge
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:10 am    Post subject:  PPM Graphic Competition: 1st Challenge Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, as you see this is the first official challenge and today, as it was announced several times, it's a mech. I've got 2 pictures as you may see in the attachments to serve as example, but this doesnt mean that they need to be exactly like them, because they doesnt follow exactly the description, so here we go with the description of the thing:

Description:

Unit Type: VehicleType, it's an anti-infantry battle mech.

Movement Type: Walks like a Core Defender, Wolverine and Titan does.

Weapon: It consists of a pair of advanced vulcans basically.

Colours: Mainly blue with some black sides and remapable sides (red)

Graphic Type: The body is .SHP, the turret or the barrel is voxel (must have at least one voxel, since the weapons moves as it aims for the enemy).

Unit Size: Similar to Wolverine.

Extra info: Please, make the art.ini code and send it with the unit.

l_gear4.jpeg
 Description:
This is just an example of a mech found in a Heavy Gear 3 fan site. Maybe it gives inspiration.
 Filesize:  26.15 KB
 Viewed:  12306 Time(s)

l_gear4.jpeg

blackmamba.gif
 Description:
This is just an example of a mech found in a Heavy Gear 2 fan site. Maybe it gives inspiration.
 Filesize:  5.36 KB
 Viewed:  12302 Time(s)

blackmamba.gif

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: huh? No one has made a mech yet. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it so hard to make it or you guys don't give a toss to this comp? If the answer is "hard", then let's make a deeper analysis in the structure of the mechs using Titan (GDI) as example.

Titan is composed of a body (mmch.shp) and a barrel (mmchbar.vxl) and the hva of the barrel (mmchbar.hva)

As you may see, the body is a .shp file, so it doesn't need a .hva file for it. The body uses the .shp format because of the walking animations.

The .Shp part is divided in 2 parts: the botton movement and the head.

The botton movement is exactly the walking animation and it has it walking for each of 8 sides. (North, Northeast, East, Southeast, South, Southwest, West and Nothwest respectivelly). Each direction has 15 frames, but it's up to you to decide how many frames each direction will have as long as all directions have the same number which will be placed in the WalkFrames= setting in art.ini.

The head animations are just the rotation and has the head pointing 32 different directions (if you do that in 3D Studio Max, the difference for each angle is 11.25º).

The other 152 pictures are shadows that you dont need to do otherwise you'll go crazy....

The voxel is just the barrel.

The art.ini codes are something you shouldnt worry much, specially because the weapon is a vulcans and vulcan projectiles in the game invisible.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really would try at this if I wasnt so bad at art anything. I really hope that some people will do this since I think mechs are really need in the game.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know this is for the public but im thinking about doing one just because it needs to get done anyways and maybe it wil inspire others

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey,, thats warhammer

id love to do 1, but im shit at graphics n stuff

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dooffy wrote:
hey,, thats warhammer

No, its not.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, just to give you people a kick in the arse to get started i thought i might post a part of a mech ive had for a while and just found.. its just a recoulored itan but it looks good.. i have a voxel for the turret im gonna try out

NOTE: please dont use this file in your entry without permission

mech.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.5 KB
 Viewed:  12254 Time(s)

mech.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhhh yeah cool, problem is VXL are difficult to do, for me i need obligatory a 3D (really 3D (tsun graphic motor) view.

At the time i don't understand the functioning of the editor, to make a vehicule. Perhaps people need a tutorial about it, example: how to make a simple jeep, or moto, and perhaps people will continue to try to make vehicule

if somebody explain me how to use editor, and to make a vxl, than i can try !

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ills second MaxiM's idea for a tutorial, even though ive used it b4, and made sum shite voxels

also, if that isnt warhammer, what is it, cos it looks like a space marine

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Space Marines....

blacktemplarsminiatures.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.13 KB
 Viewed:  12227 Time(s)

blacktemplarsminiatures.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, touche, or how ever u spell it,

if its not warhammer, its a game like it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't understand me, Bansh, when i say "tutorial" i mean a complete guide with picture to "how to do a vxl" (ex:how to do a jeep)

First, took the ... and.... and ...

After... then... and ...

Finish !

ect Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understood you, but Google couldn't find anything better than that :S

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol i have a 3,500 point space wolves army...
and a 4000 point eldar alictoc army

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, but what are you talking about, mav?

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

warhammer, i had some once, a begginers set, cost £50, built em, had no where to put them, so my dad threw em away. The End

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In starcraft, there is a pretty good mech warrior, i will find you a screen

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You talk about the Goliath? Yea, it's great... thanks for reminding me that...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be cool converting the goliath to ts.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, that was a very good mech, with missile SOL-AIR (Ground-Air) and heavy gun for ground combat.

(so missile from the Hover MLRS and vulcan cannon for ini.code)

I know that is possible to convert Starcraft Unit to Gif then that will be simple... but we need to find this program or method

EDIT: ok i find the program,

1) you need to use the MPQ viewer (Starcraft files) and extract the files witch contain the unit

2) open the second program, and read the unit, it will transform it into a gif, then convert into pcx

Now, if somebody have Starcraft, that will be cool to do this little work

But i can have starcraft tomorrow or monday perhaps.

mpqview.zip
 Description:
MPQ viewer

Download
 Filename:  mpqview.zip
 Filesize:  168.63 KB
 Downloaded:  323 Time(s)

cv.zip
 Description:
Convert to gif

Download
 Filename:  cv.zip
 Filesize:  177.2 KB
 Downloaded:  291 Time(s)

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just tried mpqview with stardat.mpq, it didn't work. mpq2k makes no sense. tecmpq, i don't know where the fuc the list file is. that leaves of course, winmpq. now i open every file readable by the app in starcraft folder and INSTALL.EXE from the cd but most of it's unknown weird stuff that have nothing to do with images. WHISCH FILE IS IT?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try with my copy but it is just a rip since someone snapped both my starcraft cd's dont know if it'll work

All hail me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhhh, i know a lot about MPQ files because there are the same as Diablo II files (do some modding on Diablo II), but need starcraft.. i will search a copy.

>kopaka649 i don't know you must do some search on the files

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

man... almost one week and no mechs at all... is that so hard?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anypne wants to do this on there comp I suggest against that mpq viewer go here
>>> http://lightning.prohosting.com/~coolass/utilities.htm
and dl the top file its a much better program and does both things opens the file but this will export bmp's not gif's

Ok I need PCX files for an shp right I'll start converting the 300+ frames for the goliath if that's the case.

All hail me

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, it's easy, i believe you guys already stolen the SC ultralisk, and the goliath and that great, and it's SAM, simple

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually if I can find a decently fast way to change 300+ bmp's into scx file's I plan on getting the missle and adding that with the goliath and prolly snagging the carrier to.

All hail me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one day i used a program that convert auto BMP--> PCX

but i have lost this program, and don't remember the name, check on google "converter image"

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll look itno it while I'm lookin for this prog called shpbuilder supposedly it uses bmp's to creat the shp's which would be easier

All hail me

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP builder is not that simple, you have to make the individual frames first then you put them in order and it converts them to SHP, i don't know where i found it, but try places like Stu'sworld, RESCEN and i would say Modden but that's gone.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doesn't matter I got the 355 bmp's converted to pcx so I'll see if this has all of the frame's I'll post the shp for anyone to use since I'm not gonna make the voxels and art code since I'm no good at it. Ok well my mixer isnt workin nor any of my xcc programs I'll work it out later I have two files one for the legs and one for the turret anyone can have em it should be all the frames needed

goliathturret.zip
 Description:
Turret

Download
 Filename:  goliathturret.zip
 Filesize:  225.83 KB
 Downloaded:  231 Time(s)

goliathlegs.zip
 Description:
Legs for goliath

Download
 Filename:  goliathlegs.zip
 Filesize:  213.16 KB
 Downloaded:  248 Time(s)

All hail me

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

at least one! Very Happy amen! I'm gonna check it out tomorrow... if my mood is good enough, I make the art code and put that working... but dont trust my mood that much (sometimes it reachs terrible states) #Tongue...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well then I'll make sure you know tonight that thats not in shp format the only shp compiler I have that works needs bitmaps which I deleted after I converted them. I can also get the missle animations for ya to.

EDIT: Anyone test it I would really like to see this in game.

All hail me

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee did you get in the game. Just a question because I'd like to see how starcraft unit'ss look in the game I might convert more.

All hail me

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh... couldnt try it yet... I still have to finish the site and have some other stuff to do...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh ok maybe I can find someone else to do it, or at least convert them for me.

All hail me

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I went to the Slepnirs Stuff forums and Kravvitz there said he would help convert them. well we started to look at them and found that either the Starcraft engine mirrors the NE, E, and SE frames to create the NW, W, and SW frame for both the base and turret.

All hail me

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon