Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unit, building and object names not appearing.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject:  Unit, building and object names not appearing. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have this problem that affects both Ra2 and TS. When I hold the mouse cursor over the units and structures, the name tags simply won't appear, and here's an exclusive for TS: The cost won't show up in the sidebar. This does not affect Ra2's sidebar icons since it has the same functionality as ra1.

I don't understand why this happens, I've reinstalled TS and it still has this problem. Could it be that when I unistalled a HEX editor that could have caused this?

-Thanks

P.S. There are no leftovers in the TS folder after reinstall

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for double posting, I just want attention. This strange problem that I have, what could be the cause? Here's some piccies:

This TS pic is somewhat old.. not the ra2 one. Mods are not causing this, I'm quite sure as I have tried without them.

EDIT* added another pic, because I'm not sure how to add two pics at the same time without a host. As you can see this is with a mod : D

nonametag03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.74 KB
 Viewed:  3057 Time(s)

nonametag03.jpg

nonametag02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.51 KB
 Viewed:  3058 Time(s)

nonametag02.jpg

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enable tooptips in the options menu?

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing you really need to look in the menu before posting something like this, my friend didn't even know you could change resoultions in TS until i told him Laughing

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well for the record, Ra2 doesn't have the tooltips option, and for TS I already have that box checked and it doesn't work either way.
Carno also suggested about the tooltips but it isn't working. Ra1 and generals arent affected BTW.
It's not a matter of a mouse now is it?
Does anyone have Logitech MX510 optical mouse? However I doubt it has anything to do with it..

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could very well have something to do with your mouse. Perhaps your mouse is unable to stay at the exact same spot, for some reason. This would make it so the tooltip would not appear.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm try hovering your mouse over the unit and turning your mouse in its back, it should stay still then Razz

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, I sometimes had that problem with my Wacom Graphire. I think it lost some of its sensitivity with age, but if your mouse is too sensitive that's what will happen, a sort of jittering, generally no more than a pixel, but enough to keep the game thinking its not stopped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon