Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Droid Fighter (RA2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject:  Droid Fighter (RA2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a smaller model I made of the big one I'm working on now. I'm posting it to ask if you think it looks like the real deal. (Before I'm yelled at for posting an imcomplete voxel, technically this one's complete, so ha!  Very Happy ) Hopefully I'll have the big one ready tomarrow to post. Oh, and this is from Star Wars, in case you can't tell.

Droidfighter_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.06 KB
 Viewed:  13287 Time(s)

Droidfighter_000.jpg

Droidfighter.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Droidfighter.vxl
 Filesize:  16.85 KB
 Downloaded:  231 Time(s)

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a pictures:

of it

Yeah i like it.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad, but it's way too narrow.

What kinda pics did ya use for it?

"Banned" RP here

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree make it a little wider.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back. I believe you could smooth its normals properly. VXLSE III has a nice smoothing tool.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems like the wings are too big to me. Am I imagining things? I can't find a good way to make it wider without getting rid of the wings altogether. Any suggestions? Thanks, Banshee.  Very Happy And Tyler, here's my base image.

Droidfighter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.58 KB
 Viewed:  13254 Time(s)

Droidfighter.jpg

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ontopic: Get images of a movie model, not some entirely fake lego model.

"Banned" RP here

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why thank you. Anyway, here it is, wider and smoothed. The normals still look like crap to me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. (Note to self: Never start working on a huge voxel until you've fixed the problems with your model) It's a bit blocky, but with it's size I guess it can't be helped. What do ya think?

Droid Fighter01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.32 KB
 Viewed:  13244 Time(s)

Droid Fighter01.jpg

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it Wink. Nice job.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont bismirch the good name of starwars with your shit voxel.

heres one i knocked up this afternoon.

Droidfighter_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.83 KB
 Viewed:  13220 Time(s)

Droidfighter_000.gif

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I LOVE IT!!!

is awsome !

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron, it's.............. great! I see you played with the normals as well.

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great voxel, but your attitude could use some work.

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyway... To get back on topic, Ackron, could you post the voxel please? And do you mind if I use it?

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i didnt actually make it for use i made it to upstage the newbie. but sure why no il post it just let me fix the colours

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

recoloured to be as accurate as possible.

Droidfighter_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.48 KB
 Viewed:  13129 Time(s)

Droidfighter_001.gif

Droidfighter.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Droidfighter.vxl
 Filesize:  63.22 KB
 Downloaded:  454 Time(s)

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AWSOME!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyways, back on topic, that's amazing, Ackron.. Amazing..

"Banned" RP here

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron, it is, in a word, bitching. Thanks.  Very Happy I'll be sure to credit you.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must say ackron.. that looks EXACTLY like the droid starfighter.. I presume you based it off the Starwars Starfighter game's fighter? (tis for PS2.. good game)

Slimby
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer Dalamars, simply because his colours actually look cool and because I hate Ackrons attitude. You don't need to be insultive and rude to everyone who you think is inferior to you. That's what normally makes people not like you.

Slimby

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok several things.

Vincent: http://www.toasterdesigns.net/post_imgs/godhatesconsolefanboys.jpg

also who the hell needs starwars starfighter when you have battlefront? i dont care if Ps2 has it too Xbox has a decent online service.

anyhow slimby, disliking a person who makes something does not make what they make crap, i hate EA with a screaming bloody vengance but it dosent mean i dont have a shit load of games they make.
also i dont insult people i tell them what i think. dalemars voxel is absolute crap he may not be an experienced voxeler but for christ's sake dont tell him that his cack voxel is good! it dosent even look like a droid starfighter!

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off, it's not my fault that all I had to base it off of was the lego model. I have the lego model myself and I thought it looked cool so I went online to find pics of it and all I could find were the the lego pics and some pictures that didn't even look like it. Second off, yes I'm not an experienced voxeller, but that's no reason to be acting like that. It's just a game,  and these are just voxels, so get the corncob outta your ass and loosen up.  Smile

Slimby
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not trying to start an argument, or anything, but you are acting like all criticism is insulting someone, constructive criticism helps a helluva lot more and doesn't make you look like an ass. You just gotta be a bit more forgiving, I'm glad that I didn't have you posting when I unveiled my first few voxels, because then I would have lost all hope. Bah, I'm arguing over someone elses model against a guy I will (and I hope) never meet on a game forum. Have I only just realised this?

Slimby

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not talking specifically about here. But I've saw what ackron ahas been saying lately and his so called "harshness" and to be honest no one is getting the message from it that I am. If I had my way and the time (meaning this technically could happen as I am Admin) half of the voxels in this forum would be moved to Graphics Hut. Anything title "my fiRst v0xel [ts or ra2 idk]" or similar should never even be started here! This is supposed to be for quality voxels, not slightly modified orcas or random voxels with no real purpose. If you make a kick ass voxel, no one should have to ask for pictures. The creator should have the pride to show of their work in the most esthetically pleasing way they can.

"I never said I thought I did really well on it. "
"I think [this or that] looks bad, but can't get it right."
"Too lazy for pics."
"Pretty much just a recolor."
"I know it's too small. "
"No normals yet."

Thinking about using any of that in your post? Don't post.

Quote:
- Topic title must include the name of the voxel and the game it was made for between [ ]. If it's made for Tiberian Sun, write [TS], if it's made for RA2, write [RA2]

- Only include finished voxels. If you wanna help to solve problems on your voxel, post the voxel in Media Hut and ask help there.

Period.

Sk8erkid has returned. And he is sick of people. Be warned.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back Sk8erkid Very Happy

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Topic cleaned up. Edited Tylers post because the top half made look crazy without the other posts that he was referring to Wink I left your ontopicness.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OHHH DANG!!! ACKRON THAT IS 100% OWNAGE!!!!

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you saying what i think your saying ViPr  Confused

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

let ackron say what he thinks, you have got to learn of you mistakes.
imagine if your making a mod with lot of new voxels but they all look crap
but everyone says there good. and you put it on sites and later you get a shitload of mail with people bitching over your voxels.
so what i mean there got to be critical people like ackron or the whole world makes crap voxels. Razz
but back to the star wars shit, i have a half A.A.T made, maybe i finish it sometime and post it here. but now i'm to busy with my other voxels. Cool

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have fun animating that.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fell King wrote:
let ackron say what he thinks, you have got to learn of you mistakes.
imagine if your making a mod with lot of new voxels but they all look crap
but everyone says there good. and you put it on sites and later you get a shitload of mail with people bitching over your voxels.
so what i mean there got to be critical people like ackron or the whole world makes crap voxels. Razz
but back to the star wars shit, i have a half A.A.T made, maybe i finish it sometime and post it here. but now i'm to busy with my other voxels. Cool

i soooo need to add you on msn!!! we share the same oppinions!!!

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAHA Laughing  someone who understands me
not like the other retards on this planet (just kidding) Laughing

raderaze
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

constructive criticisim is one thing but  ...   viewing this forum  has detered me from attempting to create my own voxles   way to go guys you killed it for me ...   the level of criticisim  was  harsh  and borded on insulting  there were much better  ways  get the ideas across...

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it isnt harsh. as long as you dont make cack people will be happy, and even if you do make crap havoc and tyler will praise you.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then my dear fool post the crappy n00bness in media hut and rejoice
...and if you can't take a  bit of critiscism on something you spent 30 minutes on then go crying somewhere
there problem solved, happy?

raderaze
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow.....fast  reply time.... now if i could only get as good in my desperate posts for modding  help ... ithink i  just  maybe  able to  get  my mod idea off the ground .. i think  its just the wording that made it seem harsh but then again  i cant even make a voxle cube yet .... and yes i may be a Fool  but  blast  it   some one need to make  you people laugh

Dalamar_TheDark
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stay ontopic, dammit! I know it's shitty, but I made this after my sabbitical from cnc. I was just a lot rusty, is all. You shall see... You will all see...

Lok
Stealth Laser Trooper

Location: (StealthTank) Destroyable=no Detectable=no Explodes=yes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhhh..........right............anyways good voxel ackron

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!