Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
RoTD is fucked up....
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject:  RoTD is fucked up.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. last night i decided to play RoTD(all the mixes/files are there,untouched.) so,i loaded grand canyon(dont ask...) and got my Nod units all spread out. deployed my MCV. and went.. "the hell..." the MCV didnt make a deploying noise. ok,maybe a glitch. i built a PP,placed it. invisible. no sound from any of the units(except voices...and the EVA worked.). so i redownloaded it as Banshee said. installed and played. this time as GDI. same shit. right after a fresh install. nevermind the fact that it crashes during snow maps. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd...Did you try Reinstalling TS/FS..ENTIRELY...And not just remove the mod and reinstall it? >>

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, his TS is fucked up. He can't blame RotD, really...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG... Is that the first time Banshee swore?... I have to keep a copy of this. Laughing

ayylmao on Discord

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saying something's fucked up is not swearing -_-

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes i did all this shit like ages ago,re-install and whatnot. and STILL WONT WORK. ztype it...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carno, U don't know what ur missing man. RotD is an awsome TC!!!!! Ahh well...

Try F-Disking ur whole damn comp. I did it once, and I reinstalled TS and FS, re-downloaded some mod for it, and although preveisly not working, worked like a charm. PLUS, my comp became clean, as in, all of those unnessecary files and documents were gone. My comp was fresh and good as new. All was well... Until I got a damn virus. But I fixed that problem too, by F-Disking my comp again. And again... And again... Until my whole Harddrive just died on me..... So I got a Laptop... And anti-virus protection... Got a love McAfee.......... So if ur gonna F-Disk, don't do it repeaditly all the time..... Otherwise, you'll have to get a new Harddrive, or a new comp.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Yes i did all this shit like ages ago,re-install and whatnot. and STILL WONT WORK. ztype it...

Did you finally find your original code?

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RoTD doesnt work on cracked the game Smile. But I think I have some solutions, like remakin the mod Sad. I cant patch ts either to 2.03. I have to use my 1.08 game.exe, but the patch works. WTF is Multi Engineer???

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

multi engineer means:
you need five engineers to capture enemy
building like in RA1, i think...

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????? UNFAIR!!!!!!!!! THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
WHAT?????????????????????????????????????? UNFAIR!!!!!!!!! THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!??

Oh no! this topic is going to offtopic! lets talk about this mod..

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sorry. Anyway I consider Rotd a cool mod. 2Bad the original game.exe was rewritten or edited.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
2Bad the original game.exe was rewritten or edited.

edited? rewritten? where it's writed?

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dawn.exe=game.exe with some modifications.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

S.H.U.T. U.P. newbie spammers. and yes Nyer. how do you think i got on XWIS? im not Kane, y'know.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pah, I cracked the edited dawn.exe a long time ago #Tongue

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How? With hex I guess. Are u in programming?

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take a wild guess about Nyer. Smile

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anything involving TD follows Nyergud's orders. Wink

"Banned" RP here

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. I just got some Linux proggie to check file differences. Wasn't hard after I mapped the exact changes the NoCD crack made #Tongue

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:
Carno, U don't know what ur missing man. RotD is an awsome TC!!!!! Ahh well...

Try F-Disking ur whole damn comp. I did it once, and I reinstalled TS and FS, re-downloaded some mod for it, and although preveisly not working, worked like a charm. PLUS, my comp became clean, as in, all of those unnessecary files and documents were gone. My comp was fresh and good as new. All was well... Until I got a damn virus. But I fixed that problem too, by F-Disking my comp again. And again... And again... Until my whole Harddrive just died on me..... So I got a Laptop... And anti-virus protection... Got a love McAfee.......... So if ur gonna F-Disk, don't do it repeaditly all the time..... Otherwise, you'll have to get a new Harddrive, or a new comp.
Dude,i BETA TESTED the goddamn thing. i know what i am missing. the best TC of our time. the bugs we had to deal with where hillarious....

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh... Then F-disking might not work. Just scan your Tiberian Sun directory for RotD files, and delete them. THEN, re-install.

The same kind of problem happened to me once with RA2. I tried to play an Allied mission, and it didn't work. I uninstalled it, tried again, still didn't work. BUT, when I snooped around my RA2 directory, I found a file that was screwing around the way the campaigns worked. Once deleted, it worked

Last edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr on Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dustin, uninstall TS/FS, and simply remove the folder...After backing maps and stuff you want to keep, THEN reinstall. should work then.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes i did that princess jason. twice. now somebody give me real advice...*Slids jason the mug....of meep.*

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Search through the windows registry for any tiberian sun references, and delete them. THEN reinstall #Tongue

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not ztyping with the Registry...Unless you teach me nyer. #Tongue

-...End Transmission...-
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
I am not ztyping with the Registry...Unless you teach me nyer. #Tongue

EDIT ::::::: Exclamation

I dont care i will be nice so tray download this program Carnotaurus
RedSuprem is delet all old Registry key and them some are broken eller shomting Wink

But take extra deep is work beter then normal Wink

I use it is work find for me i godt the problem i count innstall my ts so i use it then i innstall it only for it i have the ts on my computer hehe Smile

C ya ( have a nice day :S :S )

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Dude,i BETA TESTED the goddamn thing. i know what i am missing. the best TC of our time. the bugs we had to deal with where hillarious....

Care to PM me some of the funnier ones?

"Banned" RP here

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1:Exploding chem troopers in the first beta 1.0,that we used as suicide soilders due to the power of the explosion.

2:Dinosaurs didnt like working....

3:the piss-poor voxels(no offence reaperrr.),but the Artillery looked like a baking sheet with a barrel.

4:went trough 3-4 SAM Sites just to try to get it working like TD,all failing,you see.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) Don't remember that one
2)Yyup
3)Yea...no offence.
4) and we settled on the one you see today.. o_O

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

None of em were hugely funny. Tell MORE!

Or release the beta versions.

Or even better, release the grahpics for the Alphas & Betas.

"Banned" RP here

-...End Transmission...-
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus
did u find it ?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh come on.. exploding chem troopers.. that's too funny :p

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what? They blow up when they die. It's not that funny.

"Banned" RP here

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They could kill whole bases when sent in APCs dude... Neutral

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which is wrong...yet funny!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
So what? They blow up when they die. It's not that funny.

I wouldn't be talkin like that Tie.*Looks back at all of Tyler Adams jokes posted*

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i haven't been bothered lookin thorough all these posts but i have the same problem when i build somethin there is no sound eva only says new construction options when i build a new building but there is no sound for the building  #Mad

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No sounds for the building? You mean clicking on them, or building? I don't remember there being any extra sounds, but its been a while since I've played ROTD now. e.e

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I reinstalled rotd it works now and it excellent Very Happy

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've have a problem with snow maps, like tib harv has or had (as i am horribly bumping this...). Whenever i try to load up a snow map the game has one of its old classic internal errors. What can i do about this?

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...there are already loads of topics about that one, no? -_-

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon