Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert: Paradox Device
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [83 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject:  Red Alert: Paradox Device Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'de like to announce the new total conversion for Yuri's Revenge, Red Alert: Paradox Device. This mod converts Yuri's Revenge into the first Red Alert game. Our goal is to deliver the best possible immitation of Red Alert. Of course, as you already know, not everything is possible in the YR engine, so somethings will have to be compromised or completely scraped, so we figured if there already will be differences, we might just as well add a few of our own touches.

The mod will feature all new buildings, vehicles, infantry, maps and temperate terrain. we already have a good deal done as we started the mod last november. We won't give any dates, but all I can say is that the release is soon, and of course, we appreciate any help we can get to make that release even closer.

For buildings, they will be based on their RA1 counterparts, only with more detail added to them, also for the mod, we're using different textures for the structures that share the same design, to give each side its own theme.

As for vehicles, instead of using modern military equipment to base our designs on, we will be basing them on units from the appropriate era (50's/60's) except for a few units, like the apache and the hind. The will also be quite a few surprises in that area that I won't reveal just yet.

As for infantry, we're also basing them on ones from the 60's, and of course, different costumes for the soviets and allies, and even more, for the allies, each country will have its own costume colour, while soviets will share the same colour, to emphasis on the communist nature of the soviets.

There are no plans for a campaign, mainly because of the lack of mappers and mission makers, but of course, if any wish to make one, we'll be delighted to include one, or both of course.

We will be releasing a new building/unit every few days, we will try to keep all updates 3 days apart. We hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed making them. For our first building, we will be showing the iron curtain. Buildup previews will be usually made up of an ingame preview and a gif preview of the buildup animation, with a delay in the last frame.

The Iron Curtain is a fascinating piece of soviet technology, the Iron Curtain resonates the molecular structure of any nearby vehicle or structure within a small radius, bestowing the “Will of Stalin” upon it, rendering it invulnerable to damage for an short period time. The “Will of Stalin” will crush enemy infantry and thus this defensive super weapon can be used as an offensive weapon.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, good good. I had a very similiar project myself but it was a bit too much for one man to handle. If you need any assistance with recreating RA1 terrain don't hesitate to contact me.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took your time officially announcing this.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would you have prefered an announcement like "hey guyz i just started a mod for ra2 but i need coders, voxel and shp modelers, mappers, etc"?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I'm just saying that I've been aware of the mod for the past few months, it took them long enough to announce it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you need hosting or you already have it?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice work, albeit a bit dark like I said on SS.
Indexing isn't turned off for the main RA1 folder, or Spider folder for that mater. - Should probably fix that if you don't want the other work seen, since they seem to house your models and textures judging from file names.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Carnivean
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice, it's fixed now Smile, as for it being too dark, I don't know, it was pretttty dark in the videos too, that's what we're using as reference for the most part...

@Clazzy
I don't really get the point....We announced when we saw it's fit to do so, and yeah, some people have known about these for quite a while, call them intentional leaks :p

@Banshee
Thanks, but like Clazzy pointed out, we are already hosted at DS, we moved there only very recently, we were hosted at 40kzone before than, so I have to kindly turn down your offer

@GeckoYamori
Thanks for the offer, but the terrain is almost completed, we do however, need mappers, I don't know if you can map, or know anyone who does, but that's what we really need right now

All in all, I want to that everyone for their comments Smile

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh glad to help, I'm also happy I got to see some of the other imagery due to the indexing. #Tongue

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha, well, they are outdated actually :p, but don't worry, you'll get to see the new stuff soon enough, cuz I think updates will be daily, instead of each 3 days...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh well, they were still pretty. #Tongue

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, thanks, btw, the Official forums are up now, nothing there now, cuz it's almost 3 am now for me, but there will be alot of new stuff there tomorrow, also, they will have more eyecandy posted there than here or any other forum, so please register and drop us a line Smile

http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/index.php?showforum=119

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Animations,

Idle

Charge Up

Chraged

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IS good too look people mod the best C&C ever #Tongue..

This building look relly good kick ass #Tongue

I hope this mod be shomthing #Tongue

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As promised, a new building. This time it's the airfield

The airfield is plays an important rule in the strategy of soviet commanders. From this structure a commander can access paratroopers and parachute bombs as well as the construction of MIG aircraft and Yak planes. Only one plane allowed per airfield, and if you wish to construct more planes, you must build more airfields. If an in-use airfield is destroyed and its associated plane has no other airfield to land at, it will crash.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did a soviet MiG, about the size of the Black Eagle, if you want it, I'll post it when I can.

I did most of the other units, mostly reskinns of the units in TIBSUN & RA2 mix files..

"Banned" RP here

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow some fantastic stuff here!
Nice to see you still working on CNC Spiderman Wink

theidiot
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you need help modeling i can help. If you want i can send you a model of the refinery i made. But its not textured.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i thought it is not going. *April Fools*
but this is real!

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, excellent buildings. The airfeild looks fantastic! But one question. How are the planes going to fly off the airfeild, as I don't think it's possible in YR to make planes take off the usuall way. Or is it?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks, but we already have all the units and buildings covered, however, you can really help us if you can map, that's what we really need...

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No pointers on what the maps should look like? I don't think giant urban centers or tropical islands would be very appropriate.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've known about this mod for a whiiiiiiiile. anyway, what is being 'totally scrapped'? And why no urban maps? A nice map of Moscow would be neat to play...

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For starters, we're recreating the RA1 maps, then we'll see about others...

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I have seen of your work so far this mod looks very good.Im looking forward to seeing more screenshots.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should have posted this yesterday, but I was pretty busy, so here it is now, the airfield animation.

And a new building today, another superweapon, it's the missile silo

The ultimate weapon in the soviet arsenal is the missile silo.  Once built, the missile silo prepares an atomic bomb that can be launched onto any area of the battlefield, causing incredible amounts of damage to infantry and structures. Heavily armoured units will fare slightly better but not by much. Additionally, the aftermath of the bomb leaves radiation that will kill any infantry units in the area and will damage lightly armoured vehicles.

theidiot
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome. This mod is on my must play list.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I definately agree. I've been wanting to play this since April. Smile

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work, top notch indeed. Wink :clap:

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

missile Silo looking very original.i like dark green colour sceme on it. Very Happy

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nicely done. Will it have a white colour in snow maps?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, there will be a white version for snow maps Smile

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, those are GREAT!!! Have you ever considered remaking TD on the RA2 engine??? Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I did, in fact, my original plan was to remake TD, not RA1, then reaperrr's mod came out, so I decided it's quite pointless to make another one.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the double post but, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do to shamelessly advertise his mod.

Against all odds, defying all expectations, I actually posted something on_our_own_forum, You can view both, the powerplant and the advanced powerplant, here's the powerplant, if you want to view the advanced powerplant go to our forum here. And while you're at it, you might want to drop us a line or two, to make us feel better about being geeks.

So anyway, the powerplant,

While a few of your buildings, like your construction yard, provide their own power, most do not. In order for your buildings to operate at full efficiency, you will need power and this structure provides this function. Using a basic field generator to generate an average amount of power, the Power Plant is crucial in maintaining manufacturing efficiency of units and structures and keeping allied radar and defence systems online. The power plant is especially vulnerable to battlefield damage and since power output is directly related to the condition of the power plant, it should be well protected at all times.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is really good,I love the way you have kept to the orignal design of the buildings but made it look graphically better,good work.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is a stupid error to point out cuz youo probly did it on purpose but the wierd grey in the buildups i don't like it. Sad  Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, i like them all so far, especially the Iron Curtain Very Happy

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I know this is a stupid error to point out cuz youo probly did it on purpose but the wierd grey in the buildups i don't like it. Sad  Sad

>ahem< ra1 always had the grey on buildups.

Oh, and: wonderful buildings spider-man_2099!!

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the barrels could do with resizing on the power plant - they're bigger than the entrance.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything is scaled properly according to infantry, well, at least doors and barrels are, except maybe a couple of doors, but not the powerplant one.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's just me then I guess...

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We gots a new update, this time the warfactory and the refinery, but mesa too lazy to post something with lots of info so, there you go

Refinery

War Factory

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks really good, i need say no more.
Oh, what the hell AWESOME Very Happy

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spider-man_2099 wrote:
but mesa too lazy

Have you been watching crappy Star Wars again?

Razz

"Banned" RP here

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
spider-man_2099 wrote:
but mesa too lazy

Razz

Crappy?

A Newsflash By J4m3sb0nd:
Quote:

if VW and Sevleys mix with DvD & Me they will become huge big flying brains with gooey tentacles & spawn headcrabs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Those models look like something you'd see in Renegade, yet they are so much better. #Tongue War Factory makes me think of RenegadeAlert.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolutely fantastic.
I like how the remap is limited to the flags, I really like that. Very nice, please keep it up! Very Happy

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

General<|>Dv wrote:
Tyler Adams wrote:
spider-man_2099 wrote:
but mesa too lazy

Razz

Crappy?

Episode 1?

"Banned" RP here

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon