Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Offshore Barrage Ship - NOD [TS] ~ daTSchikinhed
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject:  Offshore Barrage Ship - NOD [TS] ~ daTSchikinhed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im about done. With it.. Im not going to bother with a texture ATM.. I dont think im going to give it one.. it looks fairly good without one.. All red parts but the NOD logo is remappable.. yes even the flag on the rear. Your thoughts?

LRCRUSR.rar
 Description:
HVAs included.

Download
 Filename:  LRCRUSR.rar
 Filesize:  9.76 KB
 Downloaded:  456 Time(s)

Last edited by daTS on Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you should raise the turret abit so it looks like its on a platform, if you know what i mean.

Its a very good ship btw. Smile

Lok
Stealth Laser Trooper

Location: (StealthTank) Destroyable=no Detectable=no Explodes=yes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice, ill just state the problems with it though,
1. its goes way to high
2. The cannons arel ike bigger than the boat itself

But otherwise its a good design, try to fix those things and it will look better  Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
LazerAce7
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like it, it doesnt look very nod like nor does it look like a ship of war.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive done a little turret correction and a bit of HVA correction.

LRCRUSR_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.73 KB
 Viewed:  8260 Time(s)

LRCRUSR_001.gif

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's too narrow.

VW x frt
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like it yellow Confused more gray!

Thanks to LazerAce7 for the kick-@$$ sig and avatar Smile
MSN Name: fridrikur@hotmail.com
People... i need help for TS Flying Blood.. add me at msn if u wan't to help

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF!? Yellow? your colorblind.. anyways.. I realised NOD needed a naval ship.. so I made one for them.. as for its narrowness... deal with it.. Im updating now so somebody move this to FINISHED VOXELS please.

Lok
Stealth Laser Trooper

Location: (StealthTank) Destroyable=no Detectable=no Explodes=yes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhhhh, by yellow he means tan color, and yes it looks better with only 2 cannons now but you do iether need to make it wider, or less tall

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.. YOU are the one complaining.. Im happy with it.. ur not.. so its your problem. so deal with it.

EDIT: Post above me has been removed.. so.. jus ignore this one.

Last edited by daTS on Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to have to agree on the points made by others:
1. The tan bridge and overall color scheme makes it seem more suited for GDI...overlooking the giant Nod logo on the side...
2. The hull does seem too high. I wouldn't necessarily say it's too narrow, but there's definitely something off on the proportions.

Honestly, I think your other naval voxels are much better than this one. Not saying this one's bad, just that the others are better. Otherwise, remaps look good. I really like the idea of the remap flag at the aft of the ship.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK well I will shorten the hull and change the gold to nod scheme.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Way too thin, in fact it looks anorexic.
2. The colour on top is far more suited to GDI than Nod.
3. I wouldn't say Nod are the kind of side to use large cannons like that. That's more of a GDI thing.
4. I think the scorpion tail is at a rather odd angle, the base of it should be perpendicular to the base of the logo's border, not on its side.
5. Other people may disagree, but I think you should smooth parts of the hull a bit more.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ummm banshee.. you forgot to move this to the finished voxels forum.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Done, but you could have tried to listen to some of the suggestions given.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTSchikinhed wrote:
OK well I will shorten the hull and change the gold to nod scheme.

DedmanWalkin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would think that a Nod Cruiser would follow the emblem of Nod and use a scorpion-like/stealth boat-like vessel similar to this.

\\//,DedmanWalkin

NCruise_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.61 KB
 Viewed:  8172 Time(s)

NCruise_000.gif

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes but you see. I made the voxel. so.. I like it.. of course.. I will shorten and fatten the hull and change the gold to a textured grey...

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing is perfect the first time chikinhed. The reason for posting in the graphics forum first would be to [b]get[/b] tips like those given before it is moved to completed, that way you get the publics opinion on your work before releasing it and you can release to their standards. If it was for your own personal mod then you can go ahead and ignore any comments and do what you want. Because this is a public work, should you not provide us with what seems to be the general consensus of how the unit should look?

Ignorance is bliss.

LazerAce7
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont like dead man walkins boat ethier doesnt look sleek nor realistic

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually it reminds me of some high-speed boat developed by the Soviets.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look civ (i mean both Dats' and Deadmans).
But Dats if you make it grey it would look very nodish, and i beleive no longer civish.
Deadman you would do well to do the same.
Edit: Oh right i am hecka smart i mean Dats not Tyler

Sorry Very Happy  Very Happy

Last edited by Vincent93 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What have I been accused of making?

The first boat?

Oh, god, no. It's way too high, not wide enough, & I don't make much Nod stuff.

Wink

"Banned" RP here

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deadman's might not be realistic but it is nod's style. just make the two pontoons(?) more sleefer and not round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!