Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun: Green Haze
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun: Green Haze Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something I'm writing to kill some time.
NOTE: Don't even bother commenting on beating up roommates, linking it into other Fan Fiction, etc.

UPDATES:
20 August - Corrected some grammatical errors in Part One and added mention of sisters name - June.
Tiberian Sun: Green Haze:

Part One – The Second Impact.
The Tiberian Sun is alight once again, the green aura signalling the falling of yet more meteorites – A constant barrage of these rocks infected with green poison constantly falls upon and around us. I’ve learnt to dread any of the signs of a storm, even if the rain simply carries a green tint causing the sky to look as if it’s poison falling from the skies - A punishment from a cruel God.
The first true meteor storm I was unlucky enough to be in took place in my home town, Leola, nine years ago. It was the first meteor storm to hit the earth carrying more Tiberium based matter than the first impact meteor at the river Tiber - which is all still classified GDI information, they don’t want to ‘worry the public’ I suppose. The storm itself just seemed so unreal at the time, I was barely 12. I was simply walking back from school, getting educated about Nod and the fact they still pose a serious threat to life as we know it. The skies were constantly getting a green tint as I was walking back to my house. I say house but I in fact, lived in a relatively expensive apartment complex, this didn’t really help with the situation soon to occur. I didn’t think the glow meant anything at first, there was a Tiberium Field not far off from where I lived and that often sent plumes of gas up while the Tiberium sprouted itself yet another new crystal formation, I’d simply got used to it. Unfortunately, that was the lone familiarity of the whole event, soon the sky itself had become a dark jade colour – with the clouds rolling away to form a perfect view of the sun, a golden orb among the newly falling rain of destruction.
The whole storm was over quickly, wiping out almost everything around me, I was lucky to have left school when I did, my friends who had another lesson for ‘self-defence’ were wiped out of existence when the first meteor struck – it was disgusting, a dark shadow appeared above and the terrible descent begun. The school was gone from existence in a matter of seconds, the impact detonating the gas tanks under the building sending a sheet of fire over the top of the building, I was unfortunate enough to be looking back at the school which I had just recently left – I was horrified to see a girl whom I’d had a crush on literally get crushed. I can’t even remember her name now. Come to think of it, I can’t remember the names of any one I knew back then – excluding my sister’s, June. The second meteor hit the Tiberium Field, sharps from the existing crystals flying and impaling a lone bystander into the ground. The final set scattered all out across the buildings we had – destroying the top two floors of my apartments and most of those in the direct proximity. I actually ran all the way to the apartment amongst the rain of Tiberium Crystals exploding from the rocks colliding with the buildings, I naively thought I might be able to save all of my family, unfortunately that was not to happen.
Arriving back at my house I saw a fire had started at the highest part of the building – Third floor from the top; my floor. My sister, mother and my father all were in the apartment when this had happened. My mother was a housewife, my father worked in the local water purifying plant - a decent job as a manager allowing us to live in almost enjoyable surroundings. I ran the whole spiral staircase leading to my floor, just to find my sister unconscious just outside the door. I still regret looking for my mother and father, they were both dead and engulfed in the flames filling my home of 12 years – they both had most of their skin and muscle tissue burnt from their faces with their skulls jaw hanging loosely by a few threads of incinerated flesh almost as if they were screaming.
I’m surprised I managed to get back out of the building alive, I was almost delirious from fumes and I had my sister to carry down the stairs. Somehow my will to escape seemed to stop my body from kicking out until I was outside the building.
I’m not sure what I was expecting to happen, perhaps a ambulance to appear to rescue me and my sister and nurse us back to help with constant assurance that everything would be back to normal soon – We had no such luck, in the end it turned out my sister had to look after me for the two days which I was partially comatose, the hospital didn’t exist any more and GDI hadn’t seen any sign of the storm on their sensors and so didn’t send any help.
We actually were living under a ‘Join GDI, We save lives!’ under a rough cave in a pile of rubble, the sign seemed to cruelly mock me for the week and a half we were forced to live in the waste land of our home. GDI finally sent out a small unit for disasters after this time, apparently simply because the local city council wasn’t responding to their request to build a small outpost and harvesting facility near by ‘for our own protection’ they quickly managed to set up some basic facilities to tend to the wounds of those injured and to take blood samples to check the state of Tiberium poisoning due to The Second Impact…

Last edited by Suiseiseki on Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good, very sad, but very good indeed. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks - Fixed some grammatical errors and altered it to include introduction of my sister's characters name- June.

Part Two – Bonds and Betrayal:
Although GDI has the reputation of being the ‘Good Guys’ at that time in the past I couldn’t have thought of them as anything other than frightening. They completely sealed off access to the Town, they thought it would be all for the best if they could cover up the meteors falling – They didn’t want the possibility of ‘Tiberium From Outer Space!’ coming back after a couple of leaks led to some odd newspaper articles. Luckily for me and my sister we got a house to share relatively close to a makeshift hospital, it was useful being that close – Especially for me. You see, I was found to be infected with a low yield and apparently new strain of a Tiberium based infection. Although at the time I was perfectly I was told that within four years I’d look similar to your regular old mutant except in my case I’d be much slightly different. I’d be blue.
The virus strain which had infected me was the result of molten Blue Tiberium entering my blood stream via a cut I gained rescuing my sister – Theoretically it shouldn’t have been able to happen due to the violent and highly potent nature of the Blue variety but I got just low a enough ‘dosage’ if you will to not instantly kill me, nor was there enough crystal to successfully explode, The result being me of course. I also found out later that the same dosage had killed someone else in my Town, this led me to believe that the immediate vicinity of the Tiberium field had gave me a higher tolerance than generally found in the human populace.
I wasn’t aware of what long term effects it would have on me at the time, nor what would happen to my sister, I was rather uneducated on the matter of mutants – they weren’t something ‘Tolerated’ in my town. This being the case I could actually class myself lucky for being infected with a new virus- Due to the fact the slow growth rate of the crystals from the particles infecting my blood meant I wouldn’t show any mutating until I was at least old enough to flee the town and attempt to find somewhere more, accepting.
Although I was grateful for the reduced growth of the crystals it would eventually get to the point  that I would  not only look different from any other human, I’d also look different from most mutants possibly making me an outcast from their societies too. This gave me great worries for the distant future, but I really should have had more concerns about the present.
My sister had luckily escaped from being affected by Tiberium, since I was much more careful about handling her than I was about my own movements on my descent from our home, unfortunately she had developed Schizophrenia from the shock. I knew from the death of my grandfather when I was nine that it had long ran on my mothers side of the family and had been proved to be more frequently occurring in females but I’d never suspected my sister to get it. It was a terrible time for me – Over a month June’s mind slowly started to deteriorate. She was prescribed various treatments but they were only very slowly working on her. She had started to get hallucinations and flashbacks to the meteor storm – They decided in the end she had developed a case of ‘Post Traumatic Stress Disorder’. After two months of treatment and disease her mind started to return to it’s previous state – She stopped having hallucinations and no longer was having outbursts of nonsensical content. Over her recovery I tried my best to look after her, but she refused to eat or drink anything I made and started to rely on GDI officers within the base. She was drifting away from me soon to arrive at point in which contact was broken – It came too soon.
After she had all but recovered from her illness she announced that she no longer wanted to be in someone’s presence who disgusted her as much as I did – She had decided I wasn’t trustworthy nor safe to be around. She had convinced herself that I was at fault for the death of our parents and demanded to the GDI base that she should be relocated to another town. They obliged – Shattering my world.
I’d lost everything dear to me in a mere five months, all triggered by the falling of rocks. I pretty much drifted off into insanity – GDI had to hold me in a secure facility located in an artic region. I remember little of the time I spent there, although I’d always planned on leaving my home town after the incident I’d assumed it’d be when I started to mutate - I’d have had a good three more years to lead normal life – it wasn’t to be. The facility I was moved to was populated by those who had went insane or were mutated to a degree even mutant kind could not communicate to their shattered minds any more. I continually woke from dreams of my family and their demise to the sounds of screams which weren’t simply fragments of my imagination, sweating I would lie still on my bed until after a GDI medical team had shot the poor bastard up with enough sedatives to knock of a Tiberian Fiend and then sweating I would lie still until first light waiting for darkness to take me.
I occasionally received letters from my home town and even a couple from my sister. She apparently had started to regain her memories of me in the past, the last letter I received from her was on my sixteenth birthday – on the seventeenth of June telling me she was going to visit me and apologise in person for how she had treated me in the past.
The following day I woke up once again to screams, screams not from my fellow ‘prisoners’ but screams from the GDI soldiers. I’d awoke in the middle of June to the sounds of June’s coming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon