Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Halflife 2 or Halo 2?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

HL2 or H2
Halo 2
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Halflife 2
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 18

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject:  Halflife 2 or Halo 2? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A spinoff of Ackon's other poll.

Well?

What Halo 2 has over HL2:
Dual weapons
A REAL sniper rifle.
A better stroyline.

What Half-life 2 has over Halo2:
The most realistic graphics out there.
It comes with CounterStrike Source, free.
THE GRAVITY GUN!
Is for PC.

I may have forgotten some.

"Banned" RP here

D
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well even though Half-Life 2 is a big let down, and is one of the most unstable games i've ever played, it is still better than Halo 2.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, my only complaint with it is that I can't play it, I don't have an Xbox.

But I've only played it for a few hours, and almost none of the campaign.

Still, I hate the fact the flashlight shuts off when it thnks you don't need it.

HL2 match, sometime soon?

"Banned" RP here

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo 2 had a better storyline than Half Life 2? When did this happen?

And dual weilding isn't exactly something to be all yay over. At least Half Life 2 had... oh, I don't know, weapons that don't suck.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D wrote:
Well even though Half-Life 2 is a big let down, and is one of the most unstable games i've ever played, it is still better than Halo 2.

You sir are a disgrace!!! it was not a big let down and it is stable your computer must be buggy

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo 2 was a disaster, and should never have been released in the state it was. Half Life 2 was good, but lacked a solid ending. And came with CS: Source, which has kept me away from modding for far too long.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but does H2 have a real sniper rifle, something that goes BANG and fires a big bullet through a bunch of targets with a scope?

No. It has a crossbow (Serously, it's a CROSSBOW, even if it has superheated bolts) and a Magnum, neither of which serve the sniper category well.

I thought the HL2 story was.. kinda.. lame..

Go to Lab A, go to Lab B, go through Zombie-infested Village A, go to combine-infestd Jail A, go to back to Lab A, take over Point C, go into Big Tower A, escape from bad guys in Tower A, escape from bad guys in Tower A again, and kill Person C.

That's pretty much the whole game, without the minor thnigs.

"Banned" RP here

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm. The story was much more than that. Especally if you played the first one.

Game over.

Continues left (0)

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL..

I'm talking about a simple HL2 storyline..
That's just the MAIN (REALLY, the MAIN) things in it.

Here it is, less simplified.

Go to Kleiner's lab, go to Airboat place, go to Black Mesa East, go get grav gun, go through Ravenholm, go to Nova Prospekt, meet up with Alyx, almost free her dad, go Kleiner's lab again, meet up with Barney, go destroy a Command Node, go meet up with Alyx and destroy a power plant thingy, go meet up with Barney & Dog, go into tower, go save Alyx and go kill Dr Breen.

Simplified.

"Banned" RP here

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Halo 2 was a disaster, and should never have been released in the state it was. Half Life 2 was good, but lacked a solid ending. And came with CS: Source, which has kept me away from modding for far too long.

Thats because Valve is makin Aftermath and Lost Coast which will be released through steam honestly you need to read magazines or somethin

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo 2 had a very boring storyline as well.

Defend area A, go via dropship and defend area B.
Skip to Arbiter, kill lots of enemies and kill boss A.
Switch to Master Chief, go via ship to area C and work your way to boss B.
Switch to Arbiter, and disable a shield. Defeat boss C. Go through a random level with lots of enemies to kill.
Swap to Master Chief. Kill some enemies.
Skip to Arbiter, and kill lots more enemies.
Go back to Master Chief again, and kill lots of enemies.
Finally, go back to the Arbiter and kill lots of enemies to reach Halo's weapon, kill boss D and then end on a cliffhanger.

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Nods*

That's what I tried to say. Instead, I ended up screaming and eating small children.

Aftermath looks fun, though. Maybe I'm just a sucker for weather, but rain is always fun to battle in.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's gonna be raining?

Cool!

Yes, well.. fine, they both had crappy storylines.. I think Halo 2's was the better, though..

I haven't played Halo 2 much, the most I can remember was a "Tower of Power" round with shotguns/no shields and a two player on Cairo Station. Which, I found out that flashlights shut off in somewhat well lit places.

"Banned" RP here

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:

I think Halo 2's was the better, though..

True Exclamation  Laughing  Exclamation

A Newsflash By J4m3sb0nd:
Quote:

if VW and Sevleys mix with DvD & Me they will become huge big flying brains with gooey tentacles & spawn headcrabs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HL2 forever!!! (well, Quake 4 and Unreal Tournament 2007 will pwn HL2 soon)

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
HL2 forever!!! (well, Quake 4 and Unreal Tournament 2007 will pwn HL2 soon)

Now now, all we've seen are screenshots, which goes back to the age old "You don't play graphics" argument. Although, I will admit that Quake 4 looks for the win. Giant Robots are always fun.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UT2007 can't pwn HL2, as one is a multiplayer game and the other a singleplayer game. (MOSTLY)

Ontopic, both HL2 and Halo2's storylines were pretty standard, but ofcourse HL2 way of showing it is near perfection. It's the most cinematic game yet.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
It's the most cinematic game yet.

We're got major disagreements on that. I don't know which version you have, but I want it.

"Banned" RP here

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You bitches ever play Conker's Bad Fur Day? Or Live & Reloaded? Well, it owns both of them. As it is the only game you can take a rifle, run of a trench, shooting at plush dolls, screaming 'Come and get this you cocksuckers!'. And features parodies of HALO,TS/TD,Medal of Honor,Wolfenstein.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't know about the TD/TS & Halo parts.

Wolfenstien: ROFL!
MOH: Damn, that's hard.

Halo's the part where you gotta kill the beast, right?

"Banned" RP here

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

half-life 2 pwned all!!! even though both games used havok, half-life2 enabled it to pick objects up and throwing them to spook enemies and such. Half-life2 also had made it so that the physics was needed to proceed on some maps. And on the DM you could barricade yourself by blocking entrences to sniper spots with varius debris and junk.

And the winner is:
HALF-LIFE 2

Last edited by Denmon on Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havok, not Havoc.
Tyler Adams wrote:
The DvD wrote:
It's the most cinematic game yet.

We're got major disagreements on that.

Why? When you play HL2 at high settings you feel like looking at a movie. Some movies using HL2's engine where made (On FilePlanet I found some stuff)
@Tyler: MOH hard? What do you think the Allies, Soviets and Nazis did in the Second World War? Paintball?

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
Havok, not Havoc.

Wtf? Your Name is Havoc Laughing

Quote:

if VW and Sevleys mix with DvD & Me they will become huge big flying brains with gooey tentacles & spawn headcrabs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The engine I mean. WTF?

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Sorry Laughing

Quote:

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

duh!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
@Tyler: MOH hard? What do you think the Allies, Soviets and Nazis did in the Second World War? Paintball?

Yep, paintball sounds about right. The MOH section of Conker's Bad Fur day, if I'm thinking of the right part.

Storming the beach?

HL2DM occasnially freezes in the game, & I gotta reconnect to the server.

PainKiller, You, sir, are in idiot.

"Banned" RP here

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:

HL2DM occasnially freezes in the game, & I gotta reconnect to the server.

Thats beacuse you have either bad connection or bad computer

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half-Life 2 Pwns Halo 2

Nuff said

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started playin HL2, but at the high dificulty. It's pure pwnage!!!! F*ck easy and medium. Play at hard! It worths it!
Back on topic: HL2's story may be simple, but the action is intense. Levels like "Water Hazard", "We don't go to Ravenholm" or "Nova Prospekt" are pure pwnage.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HL2 definately.
Incredible graphics, best physics engine out there, good storyline, all the guns are acctually USEFUL and the gameplay is phenomenal.
oh, and CS:S is really quite good

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Pokey wrote:
best physics engine out there

so your saying that hl2 has a better physics engine then halo2? N00b alert! n00b alert! they both use "Havok" dumbass!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half-Life 2 is is the best!!!
But I like CS more!

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

denmon0728 wrote:
Mr. Pokey wrote:
best physics engine out there

so your saying that hl2 has a better physics engine then halo2? N00b alert! n00b alert! they both use "Havok" dumbass!

Is that so?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Halflife 2 or Halo 2? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Tyler Adams"]A better stroyline.
[quote]HA! HA! HA! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
What storyline? WHERE IS IT?

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two Words: Kill Zone
Three Words: Kill Zone 2. Smile

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Killzone was more overhyped than Halo, and that's hard.

And Killzone 2 is going the same way. =\

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Killzone 2 is looking mighty seckzy, might I add...Playstation 3 + Killzone 2 = Holy Crap! I just wet myself in excitement.

BTW...Edit!: I've seen the Trailor to Killzone 2 at least 120+ times now...I'm highly addicted already to it.  #Popcornsmile

D
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Redfox McBeth wrote:
Killzone was more overhyped than Halo, and that's hard.

And Killzone 2 is going the same way. =\

I totaly agree. I had several people talking about it up untill its release, and then when my brother got it a few weeks later, i understood why all those people acted like they had never played it. :p

Besides, its better if FPS games stay off consoles, unless you use a mouse and keyboard with them. Smile

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm were talking about halo or halflife2 not that ztyping shity game killzone you littile cracx

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol every time ppl post game polls with halo in the poll halo always losses Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@denmon0728

I didn't say it had a BETTER physics engine than HALO2, did i now? But it DOES have the best physics engine out there, and i didn't say nothing else shares it did i?!?

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well u used the "Best" physics engine as an example why half-life 2 should win over halo2...

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a looksy in HL2's E3 2003 videos and they where outstanding. I think the beta version was twice better than HL2. As I see, you can`t carry only the pistol, grenades and a weapon (shotgun, machine gun, grenade launcher <- Yes, the bastards cut out the grenade launcher!!!, etc.). The Ravenholm level looks more exciting, you won`t find only zombies but combines too. Plus in the beta version of the level there where plenty more traps for zombies and combine. Alyx had a cooler outfit in the beta screenies, the zombies looked cooler in the beta (wtf, the blood on them was glowing) You can use tables to block doors...well I think it's possible in the released version too. The gravity gun had a cooler sound. I think I'll start getting in HL2 modding... Look here for some beta screenies and compare them with the game: http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/screenshots/.

I think HL2 beta would have pwn!

Crap, I tried to upload the trailer, but error!

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corrent me if i am wrong, which is most probably correct in this case but isnt the story behind Half-Life 2 that they were almost finished, Some n00b opened a trojan in an email, the code got stolen, and it was posted on the net, so they decided they would start the coding ove again, and then they were rushed and left alot of the original ideas out, and why they are loads of bugs?

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I think a combination between the beta and released version of HL2 would result the perfect game.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

agent-eva wrote:
umm were talking about halo or halflife2 not that ztyping shity game killzone you littile cracx

Can it, noobazoid.

And STOP DOUBLE POSTING IN MY GOD DAMN TOPICS!

Got it?

"Banned" RP here

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum