Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
Happy Birthday, PPM! (5 years old)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject:  Happy Birthday, PPM! (5 years old) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday to Project Perfect Mod! The site isn't really 5 years old, but the mod PPM: Final Dawn is. And we are still far from finishing it! The mod has been planned, re-planned, splited, re-worked and re-worked and re-planned again and it's progressing slower than ever, but we will still finish it, believe it or not.

We started in with a topic posted on september 30th, 2000, in the old Sun Edit2k Editing Discussion forums where TS invited everyone from that forum to join forces and make a mod together. One of these n00b ideas that has progressed. Of course, few people from that forum really joined that project and I was one of them. PPM already had a lot of forums. Many on coolboards, one on ezboard. Then, Karreman bought us a domain (team-ppm.com) and used descent forums such as UBB and VBulletin. One year later, we left team-ppm.com due to another person and since then, we've been using our current phpBB forums, although we moved into many hosts. We were hosted at Entertainment Explosion (currently gone) that had an account at Featured Price. The price was good, but the server wasn't. EE moved later to another server, the same one from the site that they emerged from DFC that is comming soon since 2002. EE was vanished some months later due to loss of popularity and a consequent dismotivation and we were kindly hosted at Editing Source/Origin-Network, from our friend Detail (check few news below). Zero Hour was released and we used too much bandwidth. We finally moved to CnC Guild. CnC Guild merged with Origin and became Revora. Revora moved to a dedicated hosting, then into an emergency plan until we get into the Icetex.

But the mod... yea, still under construction. I've been coding it very slowly on these months, although it was a low priority here. We still have to find out what we really need to ask for help. It's the results of 5 years of lack of organization, an absurd ammount of wasted work and re-worked stuff. But the mod has a great potential, a nice story behind it, which is what keeps it alive. I'm dreaming, daily, with my next vacations that will start on december and probably end on april. It's when I'll use all my energies on this mod. Till then, university is priority.

I'm posting below some pictures of how some of the websites that PPM had looks like. Note that some parts of the websites were censoured due to the loss of the title picture or other losses. Unfortunatelly, I've lost the ugly looking layout that we had when we splitted. That's probably for the best #Tongue. And webarchive doesn't help much, since most of the pictures there are corrupted with 'click here' texts. And, Karreman had a great web design skills that I miss in these days.

We've once used Coolboards and EZBoard. Today people use Invision Free and similar. The old Coolboards had no posting limits, but it had some other ugly limitations and had a very bad presentation.

Look at this picture where I'm still announcing Generals. Just like I've foreseen, the story of the game is ugly. The layouts from TeamPPM.com were the bests PPM once had. It even used flash. They'll really be missed.

This we had to use when Karreman's team-ppm.com was wiped in an accident. It was our template for future sites, specially after the split, until the beggining of 2003, when I made the current site template.

Our current layout, based on phpBB fetch all script.

And, to celebrate this ocasion, I've re-worked on the contents of the site, updating everything I could.

- The PPM group category is now merged with the Site and the Final Dawn.

- Contents from Project Hosting, Affiliates, Privacy Policy, Community Features, among others were updated.

- In the Final Dawn category, the Members is now updated and Code & Researchs were updated as well. Thanks Morpher and Jah for the ship solution.

- I've added Tiberium Future: A Dying World and Reign Of The Steel in the menu of the hosted mods. Some of the mods that doesn't have their own site (publicly announced or not) yet received some contents, so you may find out more information about them. Unfortunatelly, some of them still have no contents, since I couldn't find any posts in the forum that could do the job. Mods also hosted on TiberiumSun.com and Freedom Studios had their forum links updated.

- PPM Animation Contest 2 was removed from our events.

- I've added the C&C Official Links, which will be useful until EA restore the Westwood.com redirection. You can find the link for the site from all C&C games, Westwood FTP and also the location of the Generals and Zero Hour patches that is not properly posted in the Official Generals site.

And there were few more changes that I forgot.

That's it and enjoy the party! I'll start playing a bit with my new digital camera. Actually, talking about a party, I have to announce a PPM Plays Tiberium Future: A Dying World very soon...

Key Words: #ProjectPerfectMod #Birthday #PPMForums #News 

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!