Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Err...pyramids???[RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tobiasboon46
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:  Err...pyramids???[RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!!!
As I'm doing something for my life(I mean school not SHP's  Laughing )I made this thing called pyramid.
Hope you like it...

pyramid.png
 Description:
Coming back to Sahara!!
 Filesize:  1.24 KB
 Viewed:  7334 Time(s)

pyramid.png

pyramid.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  pyramid.shp
 Filesize:  2.35 KB
 Downloaded:  190 Time(s)

Err...the image above means no offence to the american people...It's a bit of what I feel about it's gov't >_>

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry but...Wtf?

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They erm uh...
Well:
1: Nice start to the texture, but they need to be bigger and taller.
2: Work on the damage frame. If it is a pyramid, why not have some of the bricks missing?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're very bad..

Looks like a 2 min job.. sorry.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe 2x2, then it would look nicer?

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They suck. I could do the exact same thing, better, in about minutes. Simple shit.

Last edited by Prime on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime, any of us can, but tobiasboon46 is a newb.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shut it with the flaming...Noobs. #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude... That is a small pyramid. WW's ones are waaaaay bigger.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does not matter this is probably his first try at a shp so i say for a first try he did good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just because it's his first SHP does not mean it's GOOD.
I think its bad, it mus t have taken him 10 minutes, at absolute most.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stfu Prime...it took him alot longer than that...and dont go saying "oh im not a n00b, i am so l33t" cuz your a ztyping n00b.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Constructive Criticism:

It looks as if you made it using a very basic graphics program like MS Paint. I'd suggest when making shps to try cut and paste graphics for a start. If you're making a pyramid shp for RA2, then I assume you actually have RA2. There's obviously a few ruins shps in there. Try taking a look at those, and perhaps try to create pyramids with those textures.

Of course, YR and TS also have some pyramids you should look at. They'll give you a better sense of perspective. AS of right now, your pyramids seem way too flat. Work on the view and the angles/height of the pyramids. Otherwise, your current pyramids actually look too much like a flat/ground texture than an object with depth and height.

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vincent93 wrote:
Stfu Prime...it took him alot longer than that...and dont go saying "oh im not a n00b, i am so l33t" cuz your a ztyping n00b.

Like that post makes you look like einstein?  Rolling Eyes

Look, it sucks. I know you're trying to be nice but ADMIT IT. It's a hopeless piece of shit. People never learn if they are told all their SHIT is nice their entire life. Life aint meant to be a rose garden, it's meant to have obstacles. DEAL WITH IT.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no i dont think so, you could have been a kind person to him, and gave him constructive tips, but no, you are being a twat. but end of.

tobiasboon46
its ok, maybe use another program like PSP or PS, or maybe GIMP. just keep tryign at it and you could end up with a nice pair there Wink oh and be happy i can not do any good SHP work #Tongue

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, I've realised that about half of the topics in which Prime has posted are locked. Perhaps if he stopped pointlessly flaming individuals and tarnishing his already disasterously tainted name, he would have friends. However, that's still highly unlikely.

Locked.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon