Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
EA ignores Frank Klepacki
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject:  EA ignores Frank Klepacki Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As some of you might have noticed, EA is releasing several game soundtracks on Itunes and others.

However, I just read on Frank Klepacki's homepage www.frankklepacki.com that although for example the Red Alert soundtrack has been released on ITunes, EA credited all composers EXCEPT FRANK.

Even IF this was an accident, us the community can by no means ignore this. Frank is for sure one of the best and most talented game-soundtrack composers out there and definitely played an important role in the success of the C&C series, and absolutely doesn't deserve to be ignored in such a - I dare to say - insulting way.

I think that we as the community should do everything we can to put things right. EA mustn't get through with that!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this is NOT an accident, then:

WTF?!?! EA, U son of a *****!!! (sorry) How can they do this to Frank?!?! #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  (mad, madder, the maddest)

But if it's not, then still:

WTF?!?! Damn you EA!!! We must fix this

*edited*

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aw, for fucks sake!!!!! I'm sick of EA, now. How the hell could they do this? This is the last straw!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why dont EA just wear a big sign saying "we hate everyone!"

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg those retards. they have gone to far now. #Mad  Mad
This really pisses me off, his music is great and the crap that EA makes is nothing.
First they screw up C&C games and now this, no respect that's what it's called. #Cussing out

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

money,money,money..money,money..money...(ABBA)

But still... #Cussing out ..THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!

*EDITED*

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Accident my arse. EA doesn't give a sh*t about the C&C games and their authors.

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dislike Electronic fArts

Westwood Studios forever!

Mr.Graffitti
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA does what more money gives them!
First they ruin up the best RTS series and now this!

Mechanical
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Intolerable.  This is an insult to the entire C&C community, and especially Frank.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This cannot go unpunished!

We must take action! Someone email Apoc and tell him to tell those @)@$% at EA to get their facts straight  Mad.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm yea, this is a kinda big thing to go complain about, but no need to say "@)@$% You EA, you &%$£" a nice email or so to him or EA exlpaining why would be the best way of resolving it

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys... your whinning is useless... It only makes this place become boring. Anyway, I'm already suposed to email APOC about The First Decade... so I might include this one

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Goddamnit.. STUPID PIECES OF SHIT. And of course it's not an accident, anyone who works on EALA should know Frank made the music for the games. PLEASE give the C&C RIGHTS TO SOMEONE WHO CARES. Freaking sick of this.

Tesla - Where positive energy meets negative energy

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who ztyping cares?! As long as the music is available I'm happy.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is most probably an accident, although it does seem hard to forget a name as famous as Frank's, either it was a terrible accident; Or, something Frank signed took away his rights.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does it seem that the other community sites didn't notice this

~Peach_Blossom~
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked say wha? Shocked
that totally sucks.
Whad good ol' Frankie do ta those dudes?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG...

EA: We hate C&C. C&C sucks. C&C is NOT cool. Our games are. Our games MAKE MONEY!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Ok, maybe not really, but how the living hell did they forget to credit Frank? WTF?!

But maybe EA DO hates Frank Klepacki...remember, frank started music for Generals, then EA said, No, westwood's gone, now get out Frank!

~Peach_Blossom~
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAAAAAAAAA Exclamation
those SOB'S!!! (son offa u should no what!)
Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
im soo surprised!

~Peach_Blossom~
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

betcha they're plottin sumthin behind our backs!!! Sue them #evil

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA Games is bringing their foot back to kick the tiger's ass. A couple more 'accidents' like this, someone's gonna snap.

Banshee, do NOT forget to mention this in your email.

A warning to EA Games: We are NOT stupid. Get a f*cking clue or get the hell out of the Computer Game business.

"Banned" RP here

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed this when I saw the press release for the iTunes releases...

I'm really thinking that something happened when Westwood was merged with EA, I'm really thinking that quite a few of Westwood's employees reacted very badly, and did something rash...

Which would explain Petroglyph's creation, Mark Skagg's disappearance, and this.

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not an accident.

It wasn't an accident that gay guy (Barry or something?) was cast as Havoc instead of Frank.

It wasn't an accident that Frank's music for Generals was thrown out and the other stuff put in.

confactor
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errrrr, none of you have enough information say to make any comment IMO. for all you know frank sold them extensive rights to his music, or he himself decided to have his name excluded.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont see why he would want his name excluded (Actually I can think of several reasons why, but that's besides the point.) and even if he sold EA rights to include his music without credit, its still good form to name him.

We should all visit the link at the top of this post to his site so that he's enticed to visit. Smile
That's http://www.frankklepacki.com

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LETS GO BURN EA DOWN!!
And EA Might get broken up, I've been hearing rumors of a anti-trust thing getting slapped on them. #Tongue

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime wrote:
Who ztyping cares?! As long as the music is available I'm happy.

Apparently, everybody but you does.

Anthrax
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is also illegal. Although the C&C Music belongs to EA, it also belongs to Frank, since its his intellectual property, as far as I know. I think he can shut this down legally in a heart beat if they did not include his name.

Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can ask Frank to sue EA Very Happy

Tesla - Where positive energy meets negative energy

johnym
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
Which would explain Petroglyph's creation, Mark Skagg's disappearance, and this.

Mark Skagg`s Game Studio. Using the Unreal3 Engine for something TBR 2007.Mark Skaggs` BeyondUnreal recruitment topic.

On petro.I think WW`s Ren2 and C&C3 were denied by EA so they can grab the crew of WW for EALA.Petroglyph is just getting back at them #Tongue.

As for this - who knows?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frank's probably on the phone with his lawyer. Atleast I hope to god he is. And where the ztype is Joe Kucan? I want to hear his two cents on this whole bullshit fest.

ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is nothing more than the typical EA bullshit. and I think we are right to say that all of their BS is gonna blow up in their greedy, disrespectful faces. and when it does, we need to be their to pick up the ashes and put them back together again they way they should have been all along. or, the rights will go back to those who really deserve them. any ways, i guess the jist of theis post is:

DOWN WITH EA!!!

LONG LIVE WESTWOOD!!!!

Scrin Commander
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, this will not be tolerated, we will not let it go unpunished, for we r the C&C fans, and EA will not get away with this, (hits fist in wall, then wall breaks with it) now c here loyal C&C fans, this it wat I think of always doing to EA for not even caring the least bit of C&C nastalgia for us, the C&C fans     #Cussing out  #2gunfire  #Sniper and this is to EA and not to us, becuz' we r the Iron Curtain which will make the Westwood C&C history live forever!!!!!

Remember me well, Scrin Commander, Commander of the S.P.I.F. (Scrin Planetary Invasion Force)

Down with all EA non-C&C nastalgia!!

Long live the Westwood C&C saga which has kept us going all this way and kept going all the way!!!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that EALA guys weren't aware of it.

EA APOC at CNCDEN comments wrote:
I'm going to look into this guys. Lion, please send me a reminder e-mail. If Frank reads this, I got your back buddy, even though we have never formally met. And FYI, our studio and dev team have nothing to do with that press release, so I will get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
APOC

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh-oh...it's trouble for EA now...FYI?! I hope he means ''for your idiocy'', because if they don't, they'd better apologise, 'cause that wasn't nice...like, AT ALL.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FYI = For Your Info

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

confactor wrote:
errrrr, none of you have enough information say to make any comment IMO. for all you know frank sold them extensive rights to his music, or he himself decided to have his name excluded.

www.frankklepacki.com  Laughing  Yeah. That's exactly what happened. Righto.

Firestorma
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hope they get their asses sued and their entire corporation or should i say MONOPOLY goes down the sheisse hole.

-------------------------------------------------------

~Peach_Blossom~
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA GAMES chalenge SHIT! #Mad

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're getting some more members to PPM, thanx to all of this crap.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

~Peach_Blossom~
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u tell 'em domi!

ChrisBlitz
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, first they kill the CNC series, and then they start retracting the credits!

I wouldn't be surprised if they start replacing those great names with others! They've gone this far, why wouldn'y they stop?

EDIT: I just talked with him. He says EA says it was unintentional and they are working it out now.

I believe this was all a false alarm about them doing it intentionally.

Oxid Wars Forums

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude... you should have read my reply above with his message posted at CNCDEN and the latest news where they give official words saying that Frank will be credited everywhere they've placed their musics...

The news posted above is old and it's being sorted.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for reviving, but, Meh, I still say we burn down EA HQ, and burn their Nazi EA Flags. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!