Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
mapping help
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Talhydras
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:  mapping help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey folks. I've downloaded FinalSun (just 'cause I had a few ideas for maps I'd like to play RotD on) and I can't get FS to load the mod. I've tried directing it to Dawn.exe but that's gotten me limited success.

On a related note, how can I get FS to load up blue tiberium vinifera and mutated trees like in the FS maps and Cityscape II that came in the RotD map pack?

Cheers

(EDIT) Or... should I discard FS entirely for a different editor? Let's see... what kind of editors do you guys use to make maps for RotD? I'm mostly interested in setting up civvie turret bunkers using the nod turrets, but there's no vanilla TS structure that shares the same name with the mod's Nod turret, so I simply can't place it anywhere.(/EDIT)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS is the ideal editor. The problem is that you need to rename RoTD files for Final Sun recognize them... (or hack your finalsun with a hex editor #Tongue).

Talhydras
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... I tried renaming the rotdxp mixes, but I didn't notice any results. Let me think.
Ummm... I tried renaming rotdxp02 through 22 to expansionXX.mix, but that didn't work. What is the appropriate procedure?

I'll experiment on my own, and see if I can't figure it out. If I do, I'll make sure to say so (that is, so this topic isn't superfluous)... but I am a n00b.

So, erum... I guess I'm getting at "Just in case I can't figure this out, can you guys still tell me how to do it?"

Doesn't sound too graceful, but it's the truth.
By the way... thanks already, and cheers.
-Talhydras

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to rename the stuff that is inside too. all rotdxp to expand, rulez.ini to rules.ini, aj.ini to ai.ini, arr.ini to art.ini, etc...

Talhydras
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I've got the RotD units and structures visible, as well as blue tiberium trees and tiberium flora (the FONA trees). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the green and blue sludge associated with Tiberium. It displays when I load up maps like Cityscape, but I just can't figure out how to lay down the stuff.

Thanks already for your help
Talhydras

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon