Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Retro
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun Retro Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to play this game online with my friend, but 30secs into game, I keep getting a Reconnection error. I know on the website it says it should only be used for skirmish multiplayer. But really want to play this game with my friend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well consider yourself lucky, I can't even find my TS cd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and me, i don't have firestorm Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well... make sure your .INIs and .MIXs are exactly equal and check what happens before a reconection error happens. I remember we've played a PPM beta version online a long time ago, so, it's possible to play mods online. But... you have to know the origin of the problem.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sum of my early fs mods kept making the onlien game crash, i have no idea what cause it

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

weird... if this happens to PPM in a future, we'll investigate it. Several versions of PPM were already played online and so far, no problems...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS do you have MSN

i was certain my mod was ok Mplay, but if you dont sort it contact me on MSN if not e-mail and ill test it with u personally mplay

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I added you to my MSN. when I see you online, we will set up a game.

I dont think its anything im building or doing that makes the reconection error. It seems to happen at the exsact same time at the begining of the game.

The mod is really fun, I like it. But its a little unbalanced. Nod is too good. And you can build alot of core defenders. Send those in a base and your f***ed. GDI has so much potential to be better. Like maken more ghost stalkers and umaggons buildable. And I dont think the Thrreatrating Node works. The guard Towers are cool, how they actually alert you with a sound, thats awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback

I agree nod are too powerful, and thats why its only version 1.0 Smile

im already at work on 1.1 and its gunna have some nice goodies

oh and the core defender has one BIG weakness, find that and its not so much of a problem Wink

Nod have had the main amount of work on them, im really trying hard on balancing GDI (in older version it was GDI who where too powerful lol)

I am in the early stages of 1.1 i have added the terror drone from RA2

it works similar to the RA2 one but not the same as thats impossible

it pounces on an enemy but explodes causing quite high damage, it also (will) have the ability to deploy and act as a smart mine
it will deploy into a mine which should be pretty cool, when deployed it will be detectable by sensor arrays and EMP rays will destroy them instantly

There is a number of new soundfx, explosions and graphics in 1.1 which should be very cool adding more atmosphere to the mod and game.

About Ghostalker and Umagon, im gunna keep them build limit of 1 to fit with the story, so you get the three commandos (Ghostalker, tratos and Umagon) and not the three hundred commandos lol

ive got my own forum now at www.editingsource.com called Tiberium Studios
i will be webmaster of the new site about the tiberium saga (Tiberian Dawn and Sun) it will also be the main place for my mod most probably but its not ready yet
Hope to see you and others there TS

U got any immediate suggestions for strengthning GDI ?

-SMIFFGIG

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aha. well done on the forums and the mod in general.

the terror drone sounds good as well. I got the attack dog from RA2 to work in my mod, so the terror drone should work as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did you get it to work EXACTLY like the RA1-2 dog? or did u use a projectile

if you did get it to work exactly the same could u show me the code please Smile

at the moment the terror drone pounces then explodes instantly, taking out or damaging the vehicle\infantry\building that it hits

thanx

-SMIFFGIG

EDIT: Some cool new screenies comming soon, of new animations, units etc Wink

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, any1 on here wanna play this mod with me

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dooffy send me your MSN and ill play test the latest version 1.1 with you if you want Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa SMIFFGIG as i see at the screenshot you do a lot of very good job !!!

new shp animation / decor / vxl

Very very great !!

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes v nice

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, nice job!

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
did you get it to work EXACTLY like the RA1-2 dog? or did u use a projectile

if you did get it to work exactly the same could u show me the code please Smile

no, nothing like that. you know the visceroids?, they have two images: one for movement around the maps, and one for atacking units. the problem is getting the sequences to match up. the graphics work, but the f'n dog spazzes around the map like it has rabies or something.

once the sequences are fixed, then it'll look fine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS! and to everyone else wanting to play TS Retro online worry no more

I tried and tested and also found this damn bug

I traced it directly to the new Sparkling tiberium and thus disabled it
looks like mplay just couldnt handle all those CellAnim's
ill look into enabling it again whilst maintaining multiplayer but for now (for ever in fact) being able to play multiplayer is the priority over such things

i would update my site and include this as a patch for 1.0 but as ive said before i cant just update my site when i want

anyway im looking forward to u guys playing 1.1 (its so much more improved over 1.0 and still lots to go)

http://www.editingsource.com/forums has all the latest info and screenshots under the Tiberium Studios forum so go take a look Smile

thanx

-SMIFFGIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon