Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Abandoned.... My first map :D
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dark Chaos
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:  Abandoned.... My first map :D Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This i my first map so please give me as much criticism as you can

The map is at night (even thouh these pics may not show it because they r old ones...) the main lighting is blue except to for kodiak crash site...

Red and Blue.jpg
 Description:
Civillian base with a kodiak crash site right beside it
 Filesize:  158.93 KB
 Viewed:  5832 Time(s)

Red and Blue.jpg

blue.jpg
 Description:
One small civilian base
 Filesize:  146.41 KB
 Viewed:  5832 Time(s)

blue.jpg

first map.mpr
 Description:
This is the map

Download
 Filename:  first map.mpr
 Filesize:  129.53 KB
 Downloaded:  291 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it has got too much empty space, try adding more details, like forests, lakes, and such. Kodiak is missing the "building" that means you can take your units "on" to it. That is something we don't want, right? trees are a bit too much sticking together, make some space between them, and don't put them just near on civilian settlements. And where the heck is the pavement road on the slope?

I judged all this from pics, due to my lack of free time...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hrm, judging from the radar and the screenshots, it is definately a bit...plain...

You want to make it realistic and believable. Start off with a backstory, and a layout, do some sketches to get a general placement of prominent features. cliffs, tib. fields. veins, water. etc. outposts. etc. To make things easer, do not worry about details! make the landscape first. cliffs, hills. water....avoid symmetrical maps.

Spread out and diversify your trees. Triangluar placement works..so its not that mechanical treefarm clone factory look....The lighting is a bit harsh..make it a tad bit softer..

Abandoned?..your refering to the crash site.? its a good title...since it makes us wonder, and somewhat adds some depth...

but I'd refrain from using the kodiak..as tempting as it is, unless you can pull it off real well. Why is it there?

While its nice to add some civilians and stuff, don't go crazy with them. too much of anything is usually is bad, and sometimes it can get annoying and distracts from the inital gameplay,

but again its how you incorporate them with the map..

Phatdaddymac99
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded it to have a look... mainly cause im bored while css reinstalls because of a damn error it had (opps offtopic) back ontopic i agree with Yuri 05 that the map has lots of open spaces, i also notice theres only tiberium behind the start location and there quite unnaturally even plus the bottum right player would have a disadvantage because most the tiberium would get cut off from harvsting because its right next to the borders, and what is with the destroyable cliff area with 30 visaroids?

Pic and sig made by LazerAce7

Dark Chaos
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks heaps for teh criticism...

Yuri 05, the slope is only missing cause that is an old pic and i HAVE fixed it... I noticed it was missing after i made the screenshot...

Phatdaddymac99, the visceroids are there cause i felt like it #Tongue And the kodiak is ther mainly ause i wanted to see what it looks like in the map Razz

This is my first map and thanks to your criticism i will do HEAPS better next time.....i think Razz

btw: there is more to this map... Top right, A small base with rocket and light infrantry(dont go there #Tongue youll waste men) and a small city just above the visceroids (aka like 4 buildings and a road #Tongue)

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AUW my eyes........my eyes it's burning.
*Turns on the light in the room*
Ah thats better now back on topic.
That map reminds me of my first map, put as much goodies in a map as you want. And play for fun.
Not always good for the balance.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the Kodiak is suposed to have yellow lighting

to flat

need more pics

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres is tip I use when i am making my maps. i just get the terrain heightener, and i max out the screen then, I just start randomly clicking everywhere. then after a bit, i ahve some nic rocky terrain. Then just tweak it to whatever you want

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is a giant cock sticking up in the woods?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, you fool, it's the ICBM launcher, probably for decoration only Razz

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Why is a giant cock sticking up in the woods?

I got a kok for ya!

"Banned" RP here

Apex
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would add in a neutural team to fill up emty space & make them develope a base & have them attack after abuot 5 minutes so that they don't whipe you out at the beginning.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Dark Chaos
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if by neautral team u mean teh white fellas then i do have ne in the top right but its kinda small #Tongue And dont go in there with tanks that suck against infrantry or youll get pwned....actually....stay away fromt here all together

Apex
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By that I mean create triggers for a neutural team to start production, harvest and attack.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Dark Chaos
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thing is...i have NOOO idea how to do that #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon