Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Chainstory Rules.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Chainstory: Should we be able to kill off other peoples' characters?
We can't kill off ANY main character without the author's permission
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
I say we can kill any character except the one based on a chainstory author!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject:  Chainstory Rules. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee's determined to kill him. I want him in the story. Basically, the debate comes down to whether or not we're allowed to kill each others' characters. Since Banshee has a grudge against me because of a mistake I made in the first chainstory, it wont end him trying to destroy me every step of the way, but at least I'll be able to keep Threepwood Smile. Vote now!

2 day limit to the poll. If it ends in a tie, then we'll extend it another day.

Explanation:
Option 1: You think we should be able to have more than one character, and that people aren't allowed to maliciously kill them off just because they don't like them. If an author asked beforehand, and didn't do it rediculously, maliciously, and because of a foolish grudge (Like in Banshee's chapter), then it would be okay to kill off any character.

Option 2: You think that each author can have only ONE CHARACTER protected under the rules. If someone makes a second character, Banshee can come in and immediately kill them off before they get a chance to breathe. Of course, you're safe if you're not me, because I don't think he has anything against the other authors, but hey, is that a good enough reason to vote Option 2?

Last edited by UmmErrKane on Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Option 2 all the way. Option 2 is the current rules of the original chainstory. Btw, he wasn't killed ridiculously as you said. There was a hard work behind it, even dark magic...

Quote:
PPM Chainstory Rules:

1. Don't kill another character who writes in the story.
2. Don't make it utterly rediculous
3. Don't ignore things that happened in previous chapters (if you can help it)

Note: Chapters not following the rules will be 'Squelched' (Made into size 1 font and ignored)

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He was killed rediculously! You killed him in one paragraph! He was hit in the face with a chem missile, which you built specifically to kill him with, and then someone came out of NOWHERE and killed him with dark magic, DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE ISN'T REAL IN THE FIRST PLACE! That's the most rediculous thing I've heard in a long time.

Your ENTIRE CHAPTER had no purpose except to slaughter Threepwood.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gonna edit it, but... he will be killed in the same way.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If option 1 wins, you'll have to edit your chapter, and if option 2 wins, I'll kill Kane and use Threepwood as my character, so you really can't win. You might as well just not slaughter my characters whenever you possibly can.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I didnt see a reason to Threepwood, except the fact he had a rail gun and he was on my team.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That he has a reason doesn't matter. It's that Banshee's maliciously killing him, and I don't think that should be allowed. The story can use more characters, since there's only 5 characters in it now. Throwing in Threepwood to even it up also lets the whole trickery thing with the MCV work pretty good. That and Threepwood's just damn cool Smile

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldnt we find a better NPC to fill up our teams slot.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's wrong with THreepwood? He's a perfectly good character. The only reason there's a problem is because Banshee, personally doesn't like him, because of a completely irrelevant and unrelated even that happened at the end of the first chainstory, and has no bearing on the events that happen in the second chainstory. Banshee has a personal grudge against me for making an honest mistake in the first chainstory. Can anyone really say that's a good enough reason to remove a perfectly good character from the story? It doesn't matter WHAT character I put in, it's not going to change the fact that Banshee has a grudge against me, and he'll try and stop me every step of the way even if I relinquish to his demands and remove Threepwood. Nothing anyone does is going to change that, unless the rules are changed to disallow it. He'll still try to do anything he can to sabotage my chapters, but at least he wont be killing Threepwood all the time.

Here's the rules I propose. They aren't for this poll, but it's just what I think the official rules should be:
- Don't kill off someone else's character (Without their permission)
- Don't make it rediculous
- Don't bring outside grudges into the chainstory, and don't use it to get revenge
- Don't ignore other peoples' chapters (Unless they break the rules)

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad, isn't it, how the Chain Story was started as a fun little diversion, and Banshee made it a huge fight by using it to get revenge (for something that was an honest mistake, and not even related to the chainstory anyway). *sigh*

I'm thinking about just not writing in the chainstory anymore, if this keeps up.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG, It's not ONLY revenge!

List of reasons by priority:

65% -> 1) Guybrush Threepwood has nothing to do with Tiberian Sun even being a ghoststalker.
15% -> 2) I disliked his participation in chain story. He was a boring guy that just filled the story with crap, IMO.
14% -> 3) I hated my chapter 40 being ignored in the end.
5%-> 4) Guybrush threepwood is not a mutant, but I still make it heal by tiberium, since it's a property from Ghost Stalkers.
1% -> 5) Ghost Stalker is a woman.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ghostalker isn't a woman. You're thinking of Umagon.

Also, he DOES have something to do with TS. He's a character in the game!

Tapek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 day limit? I checked the forum last night, and now its tomorrow afternoon from then, and the poll is closed.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I deliberately locked this topic because the matter has (Sorta) been resolved.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ghostalker isn't a woman. You're thinking of Umagon.

My bas, you're right...I got confused with Umagon... But still consider the other reasons...

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unstickied!

Only stories to be sticky, please! I suppose this needed to be sticky before but not anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon