Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
Adding new sounds problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject:  Adding new sounds problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, there is a strange what i can only call bug when adding sounds

I have been adding many sounds to my mod TS Retro. I have been doing this the usual way by creating another Sounds01.mix and adding them in it + adding them to the Sound01.ini. In turn this goes into the Expand02.mix

Well it seems the more sounds i add the more dissapear

First of all the Juggernauts deafening firing sound just stopped playing, for no reason what so ever, i thought at first it was me that i had done something stupid like deleted its entry. I just couldnt figure out EVERYTHING seemed ok and it was
So i thought ok ill extract it out the Firestorm Sound01.mix and add it into mine see if it starts working
IT DID! so i just thought it was some really random error that was fixed

The next thing i know i start playing an mplay game (which are now fixed and work btw) and what do i NOT hear. Only every sound for the cyborg reaper has stopped working his firinng for both weapons sound report just nothing. All the other FS sounds seem to be working fine and juggernaut is now ok

So what the heck is going it, the more sounds i add the more stop working ??
I mean i could just add the cyborg reaper sounds to my now Sound01.mix (which i dont want to do due to size) but then i got a strange feeling that some other FS sound will just stop working and ill add that which will in turn stop something else etc etc untill ive just added every damn FS Sound to my new Sound01.mix

So anyone else experience this, is it something IM doing ?
I noticed other mods (older ones at that) just bung in all the firestorm and/or TIBSUN sounds in withthe new ones so your actually download most stuff taht is already on your computer. I thought this was just out of laziness or something. But do these measures really have to be taken just to get all sounds to work ?

Anyway ill try carting over the Cyborg Reaper sounds to my Sound01.mix and see if anything else goes buggered up and get back
In the mean time any help is appreciated

Thanx for reading

-SMIFFGIG

P.S.
Anyone really wanting the mplay patch for TS Retro before 1.1 is released just mail me or ask me here

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just add all my sounds to ecache01 (however u spell it) and it works fine.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, Terror. You can add sounds01.mix into your ecacheXX.mix. The problem is simple. You must extract the sounds01.mix from Firestorm and adds the sound there because it reads only one sounds01.mix.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you as Terror says HAVE to add a sound01 ?

If not does that mean im gunna have to massivly increase the size of my mod just to add the new sounds ?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I can remember I just stuck the sound files themselves into either the expandxx or ecachexx but I can't remember which. You definitely don't have to repackage the original sounds or edit the existing sound01.mix

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't have to add the sounds to soundsxx.mix then place it in ecachexx.mix. I didn't i just place all the sounds into ecachexx.mix and they worked fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon