Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
First Test
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:  First Test
Subject description: Yes!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okies, the first test has been.

In it, I tested out a T-34 to Sherman battle.

5 Shermans on 3 T-34s, 1 T-34 being elite, 1 vet.

The battle ended with all 5 Shermans being lost, but every T-34 was destroyed as well.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tie?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep.
The battle was set up with waypoints.

I set it up that 3 T-34s, 1 elite, 1 vet, 1 normal, were placed some distance the 5 Shermans.

Ordering the Shermans to target the elite T-34, then Vet then normal, the battle played out like this:

T-34s got in range, firing their 85mm cannons. Lead Sherman is hit, and is down to a little less than half strength and then they hit it once more. My Shermans get in range, and hit the T-34 about 7 times. The elite one is gone. However, one of the missed, and the shell hit inbetween two of the Shermans, destroying both of them.

My 2 remaining Shermans took out the veteran, who had already suffered quite a beating, but in the process killed one of the Shermans.

The remaining T-34(the normal one) was then engaged at half strength by the last Sherman. The Sherman got off the first shot, and then the T-34 fired. Both were destroyed..

So the ratio is 3 T-34s for 5 Shermans. However, after that battle, I think the Sherman could use a bit of a fire power improvement on the T-34's armor, and the T-34 should do slightly less than 50% damage(as to allow for 2 shots then 1 more to kill)

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yaaaaay! Now we can move on to aircraft testing! :p

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ones a german tank pilot wrote:
Soviet need 5 tanks to destroy one of ours... yet they always have six!

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...Interesting quote lol.

Well, I checked up with military history teacher, and asked him if that is a accurate ratio in a battle between 5 Shermans(76mm) and 3 T-34s(85mm), and he says it is accurate.

He also says 2 or 3 shots to take out a Sherman would be pretty accurate for a simulation as well, and agrees about the T-34 taking 5 to 7 shots to kill with the Sherman Tank...

Heh heh heh... When the M-46/47/48 is coded, there will be something different. I will lead my Shermans into the enemy T-34s, lure them into a heavily wooded area, where I conceal 2 M-48 Pattons. Say ouch 3 times really fast.

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ouchouchouch. #Tongue

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^That was fast

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, then what would be better than leading 2 M-48 Pattons into the sights of a single Centurion or even better, T-10?

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

remember something no sherman was able to beat a tiger tank, however t34-85 where able to penetrate the armor of it. i think you should see that only 80 up mm gun where able to permanently stop a t34. just to make it better. thats why a patton was used because of its 90mm and new hull design shermans where cheap fast made and because they were "the tank of the side wich win the war" they were used in mayor designs but however had to suffer lots of looses just to see the true of the designs. also remember that a su 76 spg just being only a self propelled gun means its more bomb than bullet with explotion.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, did you read the stats? My military history teacher(who knows this type of stuff) and my stats match up pretty well.

I lowered the T-34s effectiveness to 3 shots for a Sherman
I increased the Shermans effectiveness to a average 6 shots.

The ratio seems right (3 T-34s to 5 Shermans) and the second test makes sense as (17 Shermans to 11 T-34s)
Remember, accuracy is not 100%

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry yes i always forgot that in games you always hit the target! im sorry. i just recently been testing some ideas for general tank hit issues. like when the tank receives a bullet and it doesnt blow up but has it treads destroyed and cant move. something like that im looking for some thing like that but still no results. i only found that you can slow the speed even to a minimum and the unit may not move or move too slow.

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt something like that can be created in YR. You can however make each hit spawn small bits of debris.

Now on ModDB!

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But, the thing is that debris spawn would look freaky.

And Tovarich, Shermans destroyed Tiger Tanks and Panthers, we just needed about 5 or 6 Shermans to do so.

The Sherman Firefly, now that could do some hurting.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok ok! jojojo but what about that freaky debris looks nice to add some tread parts. ill be mixing code and see what happens im still wanmting the tanks to stop to no speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon