Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Soviet Aircraft
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:  Soviet Aircraft
Subject description: MiG-21, MiG-15
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MiG-15 Fagot
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 was originally developed in the Soviet Union as an interceptor. The RD-45 turbojet powered it, which was a copy of the Rolls Royce Nene. Designed to shoot down heavy bombers, it carried one 37mm and two 23mm cannons. German experience in WWII had shown the need for cannons larger than 20 mm to bring down four-engine heavy bombers.
The prototype MiG-15 first flew in December 1947. It began appearing in service in 1949 and by 1952 it had been provided to a number of Communist satellite nations, including North Korea where it was used extensively against United Nations forces. The MiG-15 was deployed against American Air Forces in December of 1950 in Korea. On November 8, 1950, 1st Lt. Russell Brown, flying an F-80, shot down a MiG-15 in the first all-jet dogfight in history. It was apparent, however, that the MiG-15 was superior to any aircraft then in the US inventory.

Initial encounters with American aircraft led to the development of the MiG-15bis (improved). Although the MiG-15bis could climb faster and higher than the F-86, poor turning performance and high mach instability limited its dogfight performance. In aerial combat against the F-86, the MiG-15 suffered high losses, but against the B-29 it was very effective and prevented the heavy bombers from operating in daylight.

Primary weapons:Two 23mm cannons and one 37mm cannon
Good against: Other aircraft
Weak against: Tanks
Secondary Weapons: Rockets or 2,000 lbs. of bombs
Good against: Tanks, structures
Weak against: Fast aircraft

Mobility:
Speed: 670 mph

Special ability: None

Is useable through:
1950s only

Photo File

MiG-21 Fishbed
The MiG-21F is a short-range day fighter-interceptor and the first major production version of the popular MiG-21 series. It is but one of many versions of this aircraft that have served in the air arms of many nations around the world. The E-5 prototype of the MiG-21 was first flown in 1955 and made its first public appearance during the Soviet Aviation Day display at Moscow's Tushino Airport in June 1956. During the Vietnam War, MiG-21s were often used against U.S. aircraft. Between April 26, 165, and January 8, 1973, USAF F-4s and B-52s downed 68 MiG-21s. More than 30 countries of the world-including nations friendly to the U.S. -have flown the MiG-21. At least 15 versions of the MiG-21 have been produced, some outside the Soviet Union. Estimates place the number built at more than 8,000, a production total exceeding that of any other modern jet aircraft.

Mobility:
Speed: 1,300 mph

Primary Weapons:
Good against:
Weak against:
Secondary Weapons:
Good against:
Weak against:

Special Ability: None

Is usable through: mid-1960s - mid-70s

Photo File

Now on ModDB!

Last edited by Yurisarmy on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like them both but wanted to correct you the mig 15 also was designed to carry bombs for the vietnam war it was mainly used to bomb the ho chi minh trace when special forces where using it to reach laos also they bouth the chinesse mig 21 to fight the f4 phantom and theyr missile trace syistem wich was perefct to hunt migs.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*acts as translater* i like them both but wanted to correct you the mig 15 also was designed to carry bombs for the vietnam war it was mainly used to bomb the ho chi minh trail when special forces where using it to reach laos. also they outfitted the chinese mig 21 to fight the f4 phantom and theyr missile trace syistem wich was perefct to hunt migs.

Anyways, Make the Fagot's 'red nose' remap like it should be, and please, put the 21 in gray...

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Anyways, Make the Fagot's 'red nose' remap like it should be, and please, put the 21 in gray...

It hasn't been sent to Eva yet, so I can still change it, which I plan to anyway. Keep in mind that what you see here may be drastically different from the end result.

Quote:
i like them both but wanted to correct you the mig 15 also was designed to carry bombs for the vietnam war it was mainly used to bomb the ho chi minh trail when special forces where using it to reach laos. also they outfitted the chinese mig 21 to fight the f4 phantom and theyr missile trace syistem wich was perefct to hunt migs.

I've made a few variants of the MiG-21 that the Chinese and Soviet satellites get, so I've already planned for that. Smile

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, I like them both. Good job.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus=>MIG21 grey??????? thats the russian version if i am not wrong. and as i saw once, the chinesse sold mig 19 to the North Vietnamise Army or NVA and they used it as it came. China was the only country who dared touched the design and made some small mods to the aircraft, other countrys just changed the paint. i saw the NVA used for that mig a white colour and red star because of the simbol for the people's army like the chinese had. maiby you know more but i saw that and have ppl here telling me that. i wouldnt post if i knew it was wrong. i dont mean to fight but there was no need for that "acts as acts as translater" beacuse ass you may note english not my prime language and i dont speak it the 24 hs day i just learn it as i use, so sorry if you just didnt get what i tried to tell.

for the rest, sounds great if you had country colours version

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some more stuff:

MiG-21 redone

MiG-21I redone

Ye-8 redone

Tu-22 Blinder

Are we still going with grey on this one again? ^

Now on ModDB!

Last edited by Yurisarmy on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the Blinder a lot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon