Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
Bunch of voxels previews
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject:  Bunch of voxels previews
Subject description: just a pic of a bunch new voxels recently made
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well lets see what we have here Very Happy
this is what iv been doing for my bosses out there Laughing
well just some voxels from models i have once worked on. i know they may look grainy or some red but small spots may be seen on the treads thats because of a fast conversion just testing the new 3ds2vxl i got yesterday. since i was using one of the oldest and i even forgot how to make textures work as it was meant i did this on the fly but at the end it looked nice i think. well bosses you are the judge here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting stuff. Can you try to get an ingame shot of them?

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good Smile

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, dont get to into designing American vehicles Very Happy
I really like to design them... I will have a homemade M48 Patton voxel to show today. Dont expect this unskinned, unfinished version will be the final version when I post it.

However, the BM-21(that thing looks soo good) and T-54 I would really to have in their voxel form, so I can code them in, and get 3 vehicles coded today.

The M551 is just overly godly...

Now I am unsure, as my cruddy voxelling talents won't be able to compare to your 3d Modelling skills... If I designed all the US vehicles and you designed all the USSR vehicles, there would be one side with my bad voxels...And that would be wrong...

Hmm...Anybody up for the task of helping me make the normals of my voxels good? #Tongue

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool details. I think they're even cooler in 3ds.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes.. even i was triying the fast batch conversion with no high details checkbox on and just a fast prev.
sorry boss i just wanted to launch a preview. if you are om that i only do CCCP land units then its ok for me. i have some helicopters and i just didnt chek YA list but id like to just post my vxl ive got some huey all stuff from vietnam. for the American voxelling dont matter at the end your units will look good. lets do soemthing, i added you on my msn im frag_demon. if i dounf you online i pass you all the vxl for ppl to see them ingame so you also code them. if you are ok with this i will be making missiles for the bm series sisnce it had 3 types of it, and also ill pass you the code for you to see the missile effect.
another thing it would be that you could try to use some 3d basic program i know some free to try. try milk shape 3d its not 3dsmax but well i use it to make fast retouch to the models since 3ds takes so long to load. how ever i must tell you that your voxels look exelent compared to my hundreds of trys using vxl even whith the old and new versions they always got wrong.. so since i knew 3ds was useful then i made all those models to vxl.
well for you ppl that have seen my vxl thank you for the support. Wink

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
i have some helicopters and i just didnt chek YA list but id like to just post my vxl ive got some huey all stuff from vietnam.

Sure, we can work together on the helis, not just for one side or the other. I forgot to add helis to my to-do list.

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are really good.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes thats best a coop work

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those are some of the most amazing voxels ever. when i first saw them i thought those were screenshots directly of the 3ds models themselves.

those red spots should not appear. i put lots of code into 3ds2vxl to make sure they do not occur by accident but they could still occur in one case i can think of but that is not important because in that case although they may show in the voxel viewer they will not show in the game because the voxel viewer has a flaw in that it shows any red shade of team color as the brightest red color. those red spots may actually be nearly black with just a slightest little amount of red but they will look almost black in the game. i would like you to try these voxels in the game to see if this is the case.

did you really try the batch conversion feature of 3ds2vxl because if so then you are the first person to do so as far as i know and it's nice to find out that it's working if that's the case.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:
those are some of the most amazing voxels ever. when i first saw them i thought those were screenshots directly of the 3ds models themselves.

Agreed.

That M113 almost looks like he took it from Battlefield Vietnam.

Seriously.

"Banned" RP here

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vipr nice code you put in there i must tell you last vertion is working very good... the batch convertion started working good but theres still one problem that when theres something wrong like too many vxls to do let say 20 or more with no error the front end closes itself leaving only the gui. apart from that, its a lovely piece of code!!! carry on the good job. and yes i stole it from vietnam.... not joking i had lots of junk from old wars in my back yard...!!! ejjee i just used some concept from that game since i dunno how to draw no more than a box man... and my spetial concept drawer was... lets say he suffered from a ninjutsu hand block technik and he was unable to do the concept from the pictures i gave him... and used some great pix from the game screenshots of course.. most vietnam era apar from the T.55 are from BFV. also the MI-17 oo thats tooop secret,.... heheh whats been in progress all the air from the war factory is being finished along with the spetial units and Red Army's units!!! hey... i must see how japanesse guys kicks more goals to the brazilian!

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh? my built-in front end is supposed to close as soon as you click to start the voxelization.

about the large number of models to convert. i knew that there might be a problem with a large number of models to convert because it is difficult for me to remember all the pieces of data that must be freed from memory whenever a model is finished voxelizing and another needs to be loaded. so if i made a mistake there then, while 3ds2vxl is running, previous models will partially stay in memory while later models are loaded and therefore the memory usage will build up until possibly you completely run out of unoccupied RAM and the hard disk starts to be used as RAM. this i believe is known as a memory leak but i think i did a good job of preventing it.

EDIT- actually i've just found an error causing a crash. i'm gonna work on it soon.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats what i like from you!!! you make good job carry on!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon