Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Suggestions, bugs etc.
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:  Suggestions, bugs etc.
Subject description: Report it here
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not a programmer of this mod, just a big fan and a tester. I noticed that suggestions and bugs etc. are reported in the user screens

Personally I have some suggestions:

-make a campaign if possible
-Create different logo's for the sides
-more units (but you knew that already :p)

Bugs
-The orca tranporter bug. He picks up, but don't deploy. Bye bye expensive units
- Also, the orca (I believe it was the transporter) has a very annoying bug. When it can't land and it seeks a place it stays "glued"to a nearby vehicle. The previous time I played it sticked on the MLRS and it kept following.

Further I haven't discovered bugs yet (luckily), so keep up the good work. I'll post screens of units soon....

Time will learn comrades, time will learn....

I will make this a sticky thread. j4m3sb0nd

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Annoying bugs:
1.) Nod Suicide Cyborg often survives after blast. I ordered him to blow up, but he survived with a small cut of health. Then I moved him to tiberium, waited and he was ready to blow up again. He finally died after the third blast. Smile)
2.) GDI Mammoth Mk II cannot attack units when it becomes elite. It simply walks and cannot attack neither ground, nor air stuff...
3.) Sensory Node for GDI upgrade centre doesn't work at all
4.) Mutant Spy Array reveal enemies only when you built it when having sufficient power.

I have a suggestion about sensory node. You may build an upgrade centre with already installed sensory node, and add some sensor stuff into building's rules.ini code, like to the mutant array.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. The Sensory Node makes your units in guard mode to to tell which like example, Your Sam Upgrade is to detected 2 enemy Airborne units. A Orca Bomber and a Jumpjet Infantry. It should go after the Orca Bomber first. Aircraft cannot go to the shrouded area. That's annoying. I wish Aircraft could man... I found out that you couldn't play Campaigns with TF-ADW.

SCRN0004.png
 Description:
As you can see, I've repaired the Radar but it is stuck and looks damaged!
 Filesize:  155.94 KB
 Viewed:  29943 Time(s)

SCRN0004.png

SCRN0003.png
 Description:
The Miner doesn't unload it's Container! Is it on purpose? You can see my damaged Radar.
 Filesize:  178.1 KB
 Viewed:  29944 Time(s)

SCRN0003.png

SCRN0002.png
 Description:
The Titan's Barrel can be seen on the other side!
 Filesize:  169.33 KB
 Viewed:  29945 Time(s)

SCRN0002.png

SCRN0001.png
 Description:
Look! The Titan MK.II Barrel!
 Filesize:  144.67 KB
 Viewed:  29946 Time(s)

SCRN0001.png

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen bugged Titan barrel once.

That bug with radar is an original TS bug. It also affects Nod Stealth Generator anв GDI Tech Centre. They become stuck on broken animation. Maybe other structures have this, don't know exactly.

Quote:
Aircraft cannot go to the shrouded area. That's annoying. I wish Aircraft could man...

it can be turned out in rules.ini somewhere in unit settings.
In original TS aircraft also couldn't move to shroud.

About sensory node. j4m3sb0nd told me that it should detect units in shroud and stealthed/burrowed units like Mutant Spy Array. I looked at its code and saw this:

SensorArray=yes
HasRadialIndicator=true
RadialColor=100,100,0
CloakRadiusInCells=50

I compared it with Deployed Sensor Array code, and they are identical except for radius. But sensory node doesn't work as it should. That's why I offered that system. But what you told about jumpjet and bomber, I don't know what to say... Defencive structures usually attack the first thing they can reach.

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really. I suppose that if you're a soldier and you see a man with a gun and a man with a machinegun. Wich one should ypu attack first? Of course the heavy weapons carier.

I have also noticed the radar bug. That's very strange, but it's just a TS bug (isn't it?)

Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing The bugs make the game funny to play with sometimes. The Mammoth Orca won't land if you tell it to land to the ground! Well only sometimes. I'll still spot out more bugs then.

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Dragon wrote:
Not really. I suppose that if you're a soldier and you see a man with a gun and a man with a machinegun. Wich one should ypu attack first? Of course the heavy weapons carier.

the code of sensory node doesn't show anything like auto-detecting more harmful unit...

Red Dragon wrote:
I have also noticed the radar bug. That's very strange, but it's just a TS bug (isn't it?)

yes, Radar bug is a TS bug. As I said, I've seen this with Nod Stealth Generator and GDI Tech Centre in original Tiberian Sun. Smile
by the way, Destiny, submit your map Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it isn't gonna be a nice one. Just a few hundred Adult Viseroids roaming around out side your walls. Well I'm still improving my map but there won't be any cliffs though. I'm a noob at these things!

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HUNDRED adult Visceroids???

That's wicked sick! Surprised

Red Dragon

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Dragon wrote:

a few hundreds! OMFG!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another suggestions:

-Change the meteoor control center in the Pyramid of Kane (although it's very cliché, you could make an original one)
- make the Kodiak buildable. I haven't seen a Kodiak in mods yet
- Give Nod some transport over air units, because only GDi have them.
- make a controlable dropship to ship multiple vehicles, infantry, etc.

hey guys. haven't you notcied that J4m3sb0nd haven't visit this forum a while?

Red Dragon

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dreadlord wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:

a few hundreds! OMFG!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Well to play on this map takes a lot of thinking!

[Note: I'm still working on the map. This map is made ONLY FOR TF-ADW]

And here's the code to solve the Orca Transport thingy:
; Orca Transport
[ORCATRAN]
Name=Orca Transport
Prerequisite=GAHPAD
Strength=200
Category=AirLift
Armor=light
TechLevel=1
Sight=2
RadarInvisible=no
Landable=yes
PipScale=Passengers
Passengers=5
Speed=9
PitchSpeed=1.1
Owner=GDI
Cost=1200
Points=20
ROT=5
Crewed=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=4
VoiceSelect=30-I000,30-I002,30-I004,30-I006
VoiceMove=30-I014,30-I016,30-I018,30-I022
VoiceAttack=30-I022,30-I034,30-I036
Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AuxSound1=ORCAUP1 ;Taking off
AuxSound2=ORCADWN1 ;Landing
ThreatPosed=0
SpecialThreatValue=1

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dreadlord:

1. Since there is no suicide tag in TS i had to create a weapon with a very high amount of damage, which then must be triggered right next to the unit to kill itself, sometimes, perhaps by angle, it wont kill itself fully, usually by the second time it will kill itself though.

2. Yeah, i bugged its elite weapon, have to fix this.

3. Already explained.

4. Odd error, not sure however else to fix it, for now, just build it knowing you have enough power. #Tongue

Destiny:

1. Ye, that radar bug is from TS.

2. Their is no container unload for the harvester because of settings i had to change to get harvesters working for all sides. (Cabal+mutants)

3. Titan is another TS turret bug.

4. Thanks for the Transport fix. Wink

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a small but nasty bug I've forgotten to report.
Nod Chameleon Spy has too big speed value. If he picks up a speed-boosting crate, he will be stuck running in one spot and he will uncloak, rendering him completely useless. I remember something bugged about Speed=20 or more, I think speed crate exceeds this value.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, i see, thanks!

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos weapon works a bit strange. His dummy weapon causes damage BEFORE it summons a meteor and the meteor blows up the target. It attracts enemies to Tratos, sets trees on fire and kills too damaged infantry with running fire death animation. Laughing

I said this several months ago but don't remember any comments on it.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dreadlord wrote:
Tratos weapon works a bit strange. His dummy weapon causes damage BEFORE it summons a meteor and the meteor blows up the target. It attracts enemies to Tratos, sets trees on fire and kills too damaged infantry with running fire death animation. Laughing

I said this several months ago but don't remember any comments on it.

Haha, let's just say it is his psy-power. Laughing

Actually this damage-before-meteor technique it is required to summon his weapon via the art.ini entry, and even if I set his precursor weapon to 0 damage, enemies will register it as a hit and thus attract them to Tratos.

Also, a reply over a year's time, sorry about that (if you get read this).

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's a mutant, after all, so why not make him psychic? Smile)

and, by the way, it's good you're back with your new patch Smile

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, perhaps tiberium does give him some yet unknown powers. Wink

Glad you think so Smile Nice to see you again too.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A few suggestions and minor issues.

1. My biggest grudge was the AI xD

. You added alot of new units, yet the AI would just spam and zergrush the same unit(s) over and over again. (GDI Disc throwers, Nod Rockets and Buggies.)

The only side that was able to put up a fight against the early AI hordes is GDI and mutants.In most of the early game rushes, Nod soldiers didn't stand a chance against legions of Disc throwers, a durable flamethrower unit would be nice. Smile...also that makes CABAL virtually useless in battle, being unable to afford hardly any units or defenses early on.

2.The scout drone's animations, are they meant to be as is?

3.On the first map [Treacherous Lands] I believe. I spotted some missing vein pieces. Also make invisible lamps immune so they are not destroyed with gas or veins.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
A few suggestions and minor issues.

1. My biggest grudge was the AI xD

. You added alot of new units, yet the AI would just spam and zergrush the same unit(s) over and over again. (GDI Disc throwers, Nod Rockets and Buggies.)

The only side that was able to put up a fight against the early AI hordes is GDI and mutants.In most of the early game rushes, Nod soldiers didn't stand a chance against legions of Disc throwers, a durable flamethrower unit would be nice. Smile...also that makes CABAL virtually useless in battle, being unable to afford hardly any units or defenses early on.

2.The scout drone's animations, are they meant to be as is?

3.On the first map [Treacherous Lands] I believe. I spotted some missing vein pieces. Also make invisible lamps immune so they are not destroyed with gas or veins.

Thanks for the comments. Wink

You mean only those two sides vs AI level 2, or AI level 1? ;p You are right that they are a bit hard to combat though. I may move the chemsoldier much earlier (or cheaper) for nod. And cabal has web-cyborgs and reapers, so some tactical use of them is key. Just don't spend all your money on refineries at the very start. I haven't really played around with ai taskforce coding though, so it may be a while before you see any new units attacking you, unless someone wants to help me with this.

Should probably be fixed, ye.

Hmm, missing vein pieces? ;o Also, the invis lamps shouldn't be invulnerable, since when you blow up a veinhole, it should blow up the lightpost too.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. yep...level 2.

2. Smile

3. yea I figured that..but I like the lighting. ^__^

Thanks.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 Ah, yeah, level 2 is like the "brutal" setting. You can usually defeat inf spam as any side by spamming inf back. GDI has the HE cannon which is multipurpose. Nod and GDI both have sniper/bazooka towers to help combat this too. CABAL requires micro with such things as the reaper.

2 Smile

3 Haha, glad you like it. Smile

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked new AI. As I am not very skillful player, I was recently toasted by huge groups of artilleries and a meteor storm (I'm not sure what was more devastating Mr. Green).

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolute terror...lol. The Ai's very good, even a turtler like me can't def a massive spam without losing a section of a beautifully built base's wall! Even spamming jugs ain't helping #Tongue

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, nice to hear the AI is more ruthless than before. Wink

Is it too hard on AI level 0? Or is it just easy enough on that setting?

Feel free to suggest some things concerning balance, by the way.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Level 0's perfect. Playing against 5~7 Level 2 AIs drained my stored up 89k under 10 minutes o.o Balance? Nah, it's perfectly balanced on it's own right, except I notice aircraft are extremely frail #Tongue

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I could just weaken AA.. #Tongue However, then rockets become too disjointedly powerful vs aircraft when you compare them actual AA defences. Increasing aircraft strength is a fragile thing; past a certain strength, they become invincible.

Oh, I plan to add a new artillary to Nod (after building the Temple of Nod). Would you say this will be a fine addition?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...it would be nice, but it'll put GDI in a serious disadvantage, and with the other sides without proper arties. Give GDI an arty-MLRS to work with the Jugger, increase range for CABAL's arty (If it's still there #Tongue), the Forgotten would probably need a faster unit to hunt down the attack arties...the enemy sends arty without support...lol.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, possibly. Considering it is late game though, GDI could send in aircraft/orca mammoth, and MLRS are pretty fast in their own right. CABAL's arty range WILL be increased, and you might have forgotten that the forgotten (... lol) have floaters, visceroids and fiends which are very fast.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI:

Ion tech power plant:
The size are to small. It need to get 1 more -> and down.

Orca Mammoth got problems when it should land on the helipad. And it's should get ammo because I whipped out a base with this. :p

Why can GDI build Tiberian fiend?

Spotlight towers got a circle around it when you press on it. But why can it fire 2X longer then it? Good against infantry's then :p

Nod:

Retributor tank need to get the FLH fixed.

Nod mine can not be deployed or even attack somebody.

Tiberium Floater do not attack

Why can Nod even build Cabals defense buildings?
When you got a Cabal side?

Cabal:

Scout drone: The animation are fùck up.

The ary should get a new FLH.

Stealth tank got a lot of pink dots.

The Forgotten:

Why this just got AA and not even some defense buildings?

This go no aircraft.

Others:

Why can you attack tiberium tress?

Why can you take over Old C&C buildings and don't get anything for it?

The orange light post get attacked by the veins sometimes.

AI:

Why the AI try attack us with there Harvesters?
AI on 0 are really easy, they do not even attack you.
Sometimes they just attack you with light infantrys and dics troppers.

Even sometimes the AI's aircraft just stop to work. Fly over a building and do not attack the building.

Why are this mod spotlighted? (sorry j4m3sb0nd)
This mod use RA 2 GFX, all side are unbalanced. Forgotten are the weakest one. Cabal are the strongest one.

Forgotten got the same SW some GDI does, and even whats the distinctly about the Cabal Cyborg and Nod Cyborg?
Why do Nod have Cyborg, cabals defense buildings and so on?

Many map errors to.

Why you got UBER power plant to 3 sides? The forgotten do not have some uber power plant. The mod really use the quality when I did see this buildings. I do not even why PPM have spotlighted a mod some use a lot of RA 2 GFX?, not balanced? much maps bugs?, Some side can even builds others side stuff, and the AI are not good. Aircraft purring in the air and do not attack somethings. Even the AI try AA combat O.o.

GDI can build nery everything the forgotten have of infantry's. So why do you even have this side then Confused

You have a lot of things to do man.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the report, but you mention alot of stupid or obvious/contrary things - it's obvious that you didn't really play it through, or most of your points would be nulled.

Quote:
GDI:

Ion tech power plant:
The size are to small. It need to get 1 more -> and down.

It's a placeholder, and yes, the size is realised.

Quote:
Orca Mammoth got problems when it should land on the helipad. And it's should get ammo because I whipped out a base with this. :p

No, does the kirov in RA2 have ammo? If they they don't even have enough AA to stop an orca mammoth coming towards their base late game, it's their fault really.

Quote:
Why can GDI build Tiberian fiend?

Storyline. Some forgotten forces lend their alliegences to GDI. Why can GDI build the ghost stalker?

Quote:
Spotlight towers got a circle around it when you press on it. But why can it fire 2X longer then it? Good against infantry's then :p

The circle is just the range of the spotlight; the benefit of this is it works as a sensor array.

Quote:
Nod:

Retributor tank need to get the FLH fixed.

Nod mine can not be deployed or even attack somebody.

FLH is known.

So far there has been no problem with it being attacked by autofire, which is irresistable in bases - so it always ends up blowing up. I will be adding a trigger to it in future, though.

Quote:
Tiberium Floater do not attack

It does attack. You have to move it besides units/buildings for it to attack.

Quote:
Why can Nod even build Cabals defense buildings?
When you got a Cabal side?

Storyline again. They retrieved the design from the core.

Quote:
Cabal:

Scout drone: The animation are fùck up.

Placeholder.

Quote:
The ary should get a new FLH.

Stealth tank got a lot of pink dots.

ary?

And I know about the pink dots.

Quote:
The Forgotten:

Why this just got AA and not even some defense buildings?

This go no aircraft.

Rolling Eyes They have defencive buildings besides from AA, two of them (bunker and bastion), did you even play it?

The Forgotten don't use aircraft, it's not their play style.

Quote:
Others:

Why can you attack tiberium tress?

Why can you take over Old C&C buildings and don't get anything for it?

Because they are flagged as trees, which you can destroy for base spacing/movement/tactics.

You do get things for old C&C buildings, again, maybe you should have played it for more than a single minute. Every structure once captured does something.

Quote:
The orange light post get attacked by the veins sometimes.

The invisible ones used for lighting? I never noticed it except for when the veinhole is destroyed, which is on purpose. Non-invisible ones are like any other light post, and so there is no problem with them being attacked.

Quote:
AI:

Why the AI try attack us with there Harvesters?
AI on 0 are really easy, they do not even attack you.
Sometimes they just attack you with light infantrys and dics troppers.

They don't, unless they have no base left, just like TS.
AI on 0 does attack you.
Yes, they do that.

Quote:
Even sometimes the AI's aircraft just stop to work. Fly over a building and do not attack the building.

How often does this occur? I have only noticed them hover over land once they have spent their ammo.

Quote:
Why are this mod spotlighted? (sorry j4m3sb0nd)
This mod use RA 2 GFX, all side are unbalanced. Forgotten are the weakest one. Cabal are the strongest one.

It is spotlighted because it is a mod which is being actively worked on.

I don't think you've played the mod long enough to mention what is and isn't unbalanced in respect to the sides... The Forgotten can be very powerful with their cheap harvesters and relatively cheap yet powerful scavenged units, they only suffer having weak armour which the enemy should exploit. CABAL is the hardest early game with incredibly expensive stuff, and can easily be knocked out without a high amount of skill vs a human. CABAL is only strongest late game, once his econonomy has been left to flourish.

Quote:
Forgotten got the same SW some GDI does, and even whats the distinctly about the Cabal Cyborg and Nod Cyborg?
Why do Nod have Cyborg, cabals defense buildings and so on?

If you even played the mod, it's strange that you can't even discern the difference between their cyborgs. CABAL cyborg is stronger and has a web attack, making them much greater against infantry, tactically. Nod's CABAL-like defences are stolen from the core, but are not exact to CABAL's modifications.

The Forgotten use a stolen ion cannon, which they utilise with their spy array by hacking into GDI satellites.

Quote:
Many map errors to.

None presenting issues in game that I noticed.

Quote:
Why you got UBER power plant to 3 sides? The forgotten do not have some uber power plant. The mod really use the quality when I did see this buildings. I do not even why PPM have spotlighted a mod some use a lot of RA 2 GFX?, not balanced? much maps bugs?, Some side can even builds others side stuff, and the AI are not good. Aircraft purring in the air and do not attack somethings. Even the AI try AA combat O.o.

Uber? They are expensive, and easy enough to destroy (minus CABAL's, which is the most expensive, and on top of his other expensive stuff...). Already explained the other stuff to you.

Quote:
GDI can build nery everything the forgotten have of infantry's. So why do you even have this side then Confused

Maybe because they can't build all of forgotten's infantry? And they certainly can't build their structures/tanks.

Quote:
You have a lot of things to do man.

Yes, I have my own ideas. I have not such an extent of bug fixing which you portray in this post however, since it has premature comments on the content of the mod. I appreciate it, but I can't help but feel annoyed by the fact that you obviously didn't take much detail in concerning the content.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It does attack. You have to move it besides units/buildings for it to attack.

No it did not attack my conyard or a tank or even a infatrys. And is even stay on it.

Quote:
ary?

I meant the arty to cabal.

Quote:
You do get things for old C&C buildings, again, maybe you should have played it for more than a single minute. Every structure once captured does something.

I captured the old C&C weapon factory, I got everything GDI can build even walls. And it did not coming up anythings news.

Quote:
They don't, unless they have no base left, just like TS.
AI on 0 does attack you.
Yes, they do that.

I just hit a harvester with a E1 and then the harvester drive to my conyard and just try to attack it. Happen many times to me. Yeah, the AI on 0 attack you with only disc and E1.

Quote:
How often does this occur? I have only noticed them hover over land once they have spent their ammo.

Many times on a game and some others times. 2 Banshee and 2 Orca fighter even try to attacks there on air. They land and fly up when a Banshee land and so on with the Banshees. Is happened much more with GDI then Nod, and even GDI did got Helipad.

Quote:
None presenting issues in game that I noticed.

Then I think I need bring forth my paint and download the mod again.

I will post pictures about cliff errors and even place you can't even come into, and terrain bugs.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well your comments about C&C structures and floaters are completely contrary to the experiences of myself and everyone else I know so far who has played the mod. Maybe your download was corrupted.

I have never witnessed the AI acting up like that on 0.

I am aware of some cliff errors, but I still think they pose no significant issue for playing. I hardly even notice them graphically while playing.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I notice them easy:|.

Is was not corrupted, all files was there. and is come no error when i ziped them out, even got all patch.

They just attack with E1 and disc on me and maybe some 15 min with 4 jumpet infantry's or what they call again.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmmk.

The C&C buildings:

War Factory - acts as a repair bay (or a secondary vehicle productions factory, either one).

Construction yard - acts as a secondary construction yard.

Silos - just like any other tiberium silo (storage).

Temple of Nod - supplies a larger amount of tiberium storage.

Refinery - acts as a secondary refinery, where harvesters can unload.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange, nothing happened to me. I will try again and see what happened. *strange*

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

War Factory- build old C&C tanks
Temple- radar or nuke and allow more tanks to be built including harvy when refinery captured
ConYard-build the other buildings

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the war factorys do it. Is really strange because I did not get anything news.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I think Renegangsta was making suggestions. There isn't an old radar anyway, if he meant the Civilian one, well that already works as a spy (sensor) array when captured.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, then he can say it #Tongue
Test the mod tomorrow or later today. sleep time

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea i was suggesting

i love those old buildings, maybe i make a sig with one in it

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okey, tested the mod again. And the same things happened again. SO BELIEVE ME NOW!. Even pictures!. Mad

Old C&C weapon factory didn't do nothing. Cant build from it or cant even repair your vehicles on it. Mad

Tiberium Floater do not even attack like you SAY!.

Is just stay there like a idiot.
If you not believe me more I can make a movie about it.

Nod:

The meteor building have wrong shadow.

Cabal:
Electrode Tank have problem with the weapon anim.

This cameo do not got any name on it.

THE AI

Laughing
Ai on level 0:

AI on LEVEL 2:

ROFL the AI on level 2 do nery the same thing !. But they send some airplane..

You REALLY need job with the AI.

I beat the "hard" level 2 AI even 2 AIs with this troops:

MAPS

Quote:
I am aware of some cliff errors, but I still think they pose no significant issue for playing. I hardly even notice them graphically while playing.

I see they, really MANY on one map to. Neutral
Red dots are fail
I can see many others bugs on others maps. You have to find them for yourself, I not do anymore because I not in the staff.

Why the tiberium tree so long out to the side?
Why have you make the old C&C conyard outside the map?
You cant even enter the array.
Quote:
I hardly even notice
I do not believe you have play this map, when tiberium tress are on cliff, buildings outside the map and so on.
and OFC you notice they if you play the map.

Is it meaning we not coming down here?

I just play the map when I see this errors, maybe I find more if I search about more.

People say about me :p:
I'm a good tester, and I really hate map bugs.

Quote:
you're very thorough, as I've said several times
perhaps a bit TOO sometimes

And to the end: Check all FLH on new units!.
Thanks from Anderwin.

Next time believe me.

Edit: Tested with original Tiberian Sun + Fire storm with patch 2.03, and The First decade.
I even download it again.

And you got problem with the sound.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thanks for the report (again).

I have no problem with the sound, and I can only imagine you didn't get patch 1.01 if you have issues with the sound. Otherwise be more specific in concern to the sound. So "you got problem with the sound".

I and everyone else I know can use the tiberium floater, so it must just be you.

Cameo text issue is odd, although I know of it, no way to fix it that I know of, unless it's a format encoding type of thing.

I'll test the old war factory again, although it was working the last time I used it.

Also, the AI is very preferencial on the actual map, some maps it will work better than others. Perhaps pathfinding, perhaps the AI coding. Eitherway, such maps which play poorly with AI are best online. But the AI can be very tough depending on the map, if you are playing by yourself, a 2 player map in a 1v1 match is usually best for full force.

And yeah, I am aware of all the cliff errors on the map, since it was my first. However the extreme, epic size of the map usually warrants that it presents little annoyance in an actual proper game. It doesn't really interrupt gameplay unless you are really upset by such minor graphical defects.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I have no problem with the sound, and I can only imagine you didn't get patch 1.01 if you have issues with the sound. Otherwise be more specific in concern to the sound. So "you got problem with the sound".

Sometimes the sound go away and then come pack.
I got 1.0 1.01 and 1.02.
And the sound rasp sometimes when I click on a new unit.

Quote:
I and everyone else I know can use the tiberium floater, so it must just be you.

Thats strange. I even reinstalled TFD and SUN, even patch sun to 2.03 and try both, do not work on anybody. Even change map even try enemies and my own units but it just stay there like a idiot. I can film a bit.

Quote:
Cameo text issue is odd, although I know of it, no way to fix it that I know of, unless it's a format encoding type of thing.

Is just thats cameo not all, just the Cyborg Commander.

Quote:
Also, the AI is very preferencial on the actual map, some maps it will work better than others. Perhaps pathfinding, perhaps the AI coding. Eitherway, such maps which play poorly with AI are best online. But the AI can be very tough depending on the map, if you are playing by yourself, a 2 player map in a 1v1 match is usually best for full force.

I try some maps but they do the same and same again and again. Is getting bored. Just E1, disc and Jupjet and some airplane if they are GDI.

Quote:
And yeah, I am aware of all the cliff errors on the map, since it was my first. However the extreme, epic size of the map usually warrants that it presents little annoyance in an actual proper game. It doesn't really interrupt gameplay unless you are really upset by such minor graphical defects.

Is not funny to play the maps when you cant enter a building, and so on. Is will be more fun to play the mod without the maps errors. And a ice map got a really REALLY big bug on the button..

Or I will say thanks for the mod so far Smile.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd, because the sound never goes away anymore for me, unless the map has tiberium floaters, in which case that sound issue occurs in any mod and unmodded ts/firestorm that I've played.

Hmm, ok, well either you aren't doing it right or it really is an issue on your end. I guess I'll see. And ye, I know it is just that cameo. It occurs on another one too actually... forgot which one though.

Well, that's odd (again). It is a common sort of taskforce for them to use, but I've been rushed with hordes of MLRS and Titans before as well. Vs Nod can be lively too, as they rush me with Retributor Tanks and Sub Flame tank rushes. Also I usually find that playing as one of the new sides is harder for the AI, since I suppose they don't have any taskforces assigned to the new structures.

And that's true, the tech structures on that map are a bit of a tease. Westwood and my procrastination can be blamed for the ice map cutoff errors, since it's just a heavily detail-edited mission map.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okey, but try download the files you have posted some we can download and try this files. And then maybe you see some different.

Edit: Sorry to be a bit harsh Sad

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err, no problem, it's just that some of the issues seemed a bit overstated in your posts.

Anyway, I have this version of TFADW, so we can play a game online anytime you want (I've played it numerous times with other people online), I can show you how to use the floater then.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I just point out, Anderwin, that alot of the things you pointed out in the "MAPS" part of your post where not bugs or errors? Confused What exactly is wrong with the two picture of the Tiberium Trees? I See nothing out of the ordinary.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:
Err, no problem, it's just that some of the issues seemed a bit overstated in your posts.

Anyway, I have this version of TFADW, so we can play a game online anytime you want (I've played it numerous times with other people online), I can show you how to use the floater then.

I have even try that you are saying. I have try a lot of things but IT do not attacks on my SUN Neutral.

Aro wrote:
May I just point out, Anderwin, that alot of the things you pointed out in the "MAPS" part of your post where not bugs or errors? Confused What exactly is wrong with the two picture of the Tiberium Trees? I See nothing out of the ordinary.

Is not a lot of things.
Tiberium tress are a bit outside the map so you not get all tiberium around the tress some do the start spot get lesser money. Unbalanced :p.

Where are not more bugs on the map?
The old C&C pictures on the map and the civilians array are out of the map, you cant get a engineer inside the buildings.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon