Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
FAQ: Signature limits.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [79 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rules are posted at 600x200. Why would you think that there is any leniency if you have a 630 pixel wide signature. It wasn't removed yet because Banshee didn't notice it. Otherwise it would have been. Follow the rules!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There you go! (do i get a gold-star now Very Happy)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.. you just don't get your signature removed #Tongue

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried adding another line of text to my sig a while ago and it was instantly removed. And I mean instantly. Did Banshee remove it immediately, or is there some sort of automatic thing that removes excess sig content? Just wondering.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's probably automatic, I seriously Doubt the chances of Banshee catching it that quick are would happen.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you go beyond the limit, it simply says you can't do it, and you have to correct it yourself. I'm pretty sure it doesn't kill it immediately.

If Banshee had editted it, he'd have told you about it, so I doubt it was Banshee. My guess is some kind of error with you putting it in, either the forum lost the update for it, or you didn't save it properly.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It didn't tell me I had gone beyond the limits, and Banshee didn't tell me anything. So either the forum messed it up, or I did. I'm not sure. But right now, I don't care that much. I'm just wondering how it messed up like that.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sorry bumping, sorry...*

Why has my sign been removed?
It's not to big, not to large, nothing!?!?
I want awnsers.
Muldrake wrote:
No.. you just don't get your signature removed #Tongue

My sign was OK, and there was no changes to it after I posted here last time! Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've removed far too many signatures later to remember totally your specific case, but I think you had more than 200 height in the total of 2 images + text. It was about 206 height.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the dutch have a word for that: antfucking.

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm personally happy there are standards for sigs. Just stay within the regs and there won't be any problems. Administrators shouldn't have to babysit us. We don't come to this site for the sigs. We come here to see how to mod the game and to see what others have done. Besides look at
IcySon55's sig it's very well done and well the below the limit.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New rule added here: signatures must not break the forum HTML.

If you use your signature to break the forums, you might be banned without warning. And we even had a 1337 victim today. Don't be the next one.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
If you use your signature to break the forums, you might be banned without warning. And we even had a 1337 victim today. Don't be the next one.

You mean Dcoder? Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I mean John Galt. Embarassed

Of course I mean DCoder.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

are you getting rid of all the HTML sigs as mine was linked from photobucket via the html code and it disapeared (mine never broke the fourms but at least one of the other pb codes worked)

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

Width: 600
Height: 200

Signature size: 500kb.

My sig.
Code:
500 px x 200 px
231.32 KB (236872 bytes)

Now who keeps deleting my sig? I still have 1000 px and 268.68 KB left!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your image was 200 pixel high, but you had a text as well.

The rule is clear: the height of your whole signature (and that includes text as well) is 200 pixel max.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case Von's is 220. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was correct, but it isn't correct anymore. Chielscape's signature was also violating the rules... so both has been dealt with.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...isn't it a bit... useless? Changing the sig of a banned member?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The signiture rules arnt designed to limit a person, but limit the load time of the forum. He may be banned and is not using the forum but his posts still exist.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK, some forums allow a user to disable the loading and viewing of signatures and avatars entirely, which REALLY does give a drastic increase in performance and decrease in loading times.

I think PPM should have this Razz

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got time so I wouldn't use that anyway...

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, bump. Just to raise a few points.

Quote:
New rule added here: signatures must not break the forum HTML.

Wasn't html totally disabled? Or am I wrong?
If so, perhaps you should allow global mods and such to have access to html. I don't know, just a suggestion.

And basically, I agree with Icy from his post a while ago:

Quote:
The best use of any sig would be for advertising the mod you are working on. If you're not working on a mod, then it would be to display your personal taste, whatever it is. (As long as it's within the rules of the forum.)

With a 500kb limit, my animated ShyTroop gif is only about 130kb with dimensions of 400x100. Personaly, I think sig images shouldn't be taller than 100 pixels or wider than 468. (468 is the normal width of a banner, like the advertisements you see on webpages.)

Images larger than this are needlessly large. If you want to see your image in a large size all the time, set it as your desktop wallpaper instead of creating threads where we have to scroll down forever. A normal 50 post (1 Page) thread on PPM is extremely lengthy, because all the sigs that are 150 to 250 pixels high.

Large sigs are rather pointless and just take up space in a thread. It can be extremely annoying especially those with a slow/bad internet connection.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That rule was added before I've disabled the html. Look at the date Wink.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Righto, should have certainly checked that.... #Tongue

Thanks for clearing that up.

temp
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does a 2368×4208 pixel photo can get deleted?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I really need to answer that question?

If you place it as a signature, of course your signature will be wiped asap.

temp
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Do I really need to answer that question?

If you place it as a signature, of course your signature will be wiped asap.

HEHE :b

I wanted to post a very big trash photo.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!