Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Background screens
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:  Background screens Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soviet skirmish loading screen work in progress

NATO skirmish loading screen WIP

Previews above are smaller for uploding convenience.
Comments? Suggestions? Yes, I used the same part of Europe for both screens to illiustrate both sides' presence in Europe. The top half of the map shows each side's 'leader' country.

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing When did Finland join Nato!?

Looks quite nice, good work.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...that's Italy

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who's talking about Italy?
Look at the Soviet loading screen, there's Finland! And it's not on Soviet Union...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right now this is a WIP, right now I am considering a redesign of the main part of the load screen, as the Cold War theme may not be compatible with an RA2 style GUI.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it's not a part of Nato, either. It would be blue, otherwise.

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ DonutArnold: If you're referring to the Soviet map on the screen, it's not blue to indicate NATO status. It's blacked out.

@ Eva: Perhaps not, but it was worth a try.

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey why if we change it like it doesnt have "an air" of ra2 i mean.... its too ra2 lets change it more using more adv. stuff like old 60's maps and such pictures of the berlin wall something like that lets give it a new more real air... if you dont mind id love to make the sovietkij screen then you judge i was training my 3d and made a new soviet "hammer and sickle" logo maybi for side's pix. but lets change it more...

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I was originally thinking but I couldn't get any good pics like that at the time. Sure you can try it, and if you need the font like I was using for the name bar on mine I can send it to you. I think the font will go with it well.

Now on ModDB!

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Who's talking about Italy?
Look at the Soviet loading screen, there's Finland! And it's not on Soviet Union...

that doesnt mean its NATO

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good so far, but maybe you should show more of Europe in the Nato pic...I think there are more European countries that are Nato members than just Italy and its neighbours Neutral

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ppl please be on topic... we are talking of the quality and the target of the desired pictures... of course itll have the contries but theres that old 60's nato logo all round the wild wild web using some off bk pics of those classic military parades on the red square fron of the kremlin and some units something showing the extention of the country that has a message of power in the world and some pics that reflect that power in real life... for example my idea is something plain yuo see and say -ou! the cccp had so much territory that the nato where on some serious problems controlling it.
for the nato one.. yoo may say. -ou man the nato are just too many countries how they manage to controll that huge thing.
maiby on this plain text theres a lack of sense... later therewll be a pic that reflects the deal.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what i promised here it is

i still have to improve the border so judge but judge well

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOLY SHIT! thats seckzy!

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um...uh...Wow, that is actually pretty good.

This would be for the loading, so many modifications would have to made for it, maybe a small map indicating the major nations of the USSR/WP, a change to the bottom to a fit a loading bar...

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wouldn't be at the botteom, more towards the middlepf the left side, but yeah, it needs a place for the map(skirmish and country). It's kewl so far tho. Smile

Now on ModDB!

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dam i knew i was missing smth good i made it in pds still having all virgin layers without touch! ok you give me the plain pic so i put it a cut off the holes i need and modify it.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude. its NOT SOVIET UNION. its the Warsaw Pact. Christ. The Soviet Union(Sovetsky Soyuz/whatever) Encompassed...

Russia, Ukraine,Tajikastan,Uzbekistan, Amenia, Azerbaijan, Byelorussia, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhistan, Kirghizstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldovia, Turkmenistan.

Poland, and other Soviet allies are NOT PART OF THE USSR!! Saying that is as stupid as saying Japan and China love oneanother. Change the 'Soviet Union' to 'Warsaw Pact'.

T.S. I love it, its like a mixture of a Patriotic War poster, and some futuristic CCCP stuff, though it'd make a nice wallpaper then a loadscreen.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just say i have a map made in 1975. and it consider the saiuj sovietkij sotzsialietichiesckij respublik all of those countries. soviet union just game name given. if you look closely for what it means. it clearly says union of social soviet respublics... even if they wanted or not to join the cccp they were absorved like almost half europe... thats why there was a cold war from the first place and nato formation just to prevent the cccp to take more terrain its true the arab and old russian terrains were not taken during war, because there were from the russians from the first place since time after the war thats also why afghanistán did trouble back in the 82' and the russians entered the region to fight that, still have the newspaper where it was shown the comunist comisar the director of the region hanging from a street light in the streets of kabul. ... still i wont change anything as always you just have so many good things to say.

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ok you give me the plain pic so i put it a cut off the holes i need and modify it.

If you mean a screen template so you can edit your pic to have the skirmish map's border and such, I'll PM you one.

Now on ModDB!

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea i was needing one just not to touch things and get wrong numbers for positions

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon