Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
VXLSE III 2.0 Changelist.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject:  VXLSE III 2.0 Changelist.
Subject description: Under construction with no release date.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to keep you people updated:

2.0 Alpha from 10/07/2006:
- revisions by Banshee
- Added: Surface Generator: You can create hermite and bezier surfaces. (Thanks for my friend Neostrider for helping me with it for a university project #Tongue)
- Added: Ability to optimize your voxel/new section for land or air unit. The difference is the bounds calculation. When Land is selection, the minimum height is 0, while Air uses the old system.
- Added: Ability to normalize only non-normalized voxels.
- Added: Ability to normalize all sections at once.
- Updated: Undo system is being redone. Now each section will have an independent undo and redo.
- Bug Fix: The program will now load sections with no used voxels instead of giving range check error.
- Bug Fix: Failed to set data for 'Path' message won't appear anymore if you do not have administrative powers on your operational system.
- Bug Fix: When creating new voxels or on the resize operation, the x, y and z you determine will be the x, y and z from your voxel. The order is no longer messed up.
- Bug Fix: Dropper is now the default tool from the program, instead of pencil. This prevents users from accidentally painting the voxels when creating new files or opening existing voxels.

Some of you might be asking.. 'only with these changes, why 2.0'?

The answer behind that is a surprise feature under construction that requires a major rewrite of the engine of the program. It's something 99% (or more) of you wouldn't imagine in a voxel editor.

The other planned features are ability to draw bezier curves, volume generator through curves and simple maths operations. Extrude tool and few other things.

I'll keep you updated with new features and this list will be revised during my progress. The surprise feature will take a long time to be finished, so do not expect the release to be anytime soon.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice stuff, Banshee! #Tongue

BTW, How about changing that multiple resizing in 'Full resize' so it can take values under 1 and values between full numbers (like 1,337)?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a... harder thing to implement.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those last two bug fixes are the most critical ones, IMO, good job. BTW, what about the bug, that when you copy and paste voxels, all "empty" cells will turn into light blue voxels?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... I'll fix it too. Thanks for reminding this one.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Bug Fix: Failed to set data for 'Path' message won't appear anymore if you do not have administrative powers on your operational system. "

When I try to run VXLSE III 1.2C, it crashes on my non-admin account. It just gives the <insert> "has encountered an error blah blah blah" error.

On an admin account, it works fine.

DuplExxx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that when you copy and paste voxels, all "empty" cells will turn into light blue voxels?
AGREE! It,s very anoying bug...

New thig to VOXEL III: copy and past over, insted of deliting, then copying, it ads over what that was there before.

Merge setions into one voxel, that wil be nice

OS hva editor into the VOXEL III is also a "need"

Bigger pre. of the voxel.

EDIT: SORRY;P MAKE IT OPEN SOURCE!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy end of EDIT

Why shoud I become the leader of one nation, when I can control the entire world?
-Yuri

Last edited by DuplExxx on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make it open source? Wow... I wonder why no one asked that before... specially because VXLSE has been open source since the stone age Wink.

Quote:
When I try to run VXLSE III 1.2C, it crashes on my non-admin account. It just gives the <insert> "has encountered an error blah blah blah" error.

I've tested this bug fix in a non-administrative account in my university and it's working fine over there.

Quote:
New thig to VOXEL III: copy and past over, insted of deliting, then copying, it ads over what that was there before.

Nice idea Smile.

Quote:
Merge setions into one voxel, that wil be nice

I'll consider this option, although it's not as easy as you can expect, since each section can have different bounds and transformation matrixes.

Quote:
OS hva editor into the VOXEL III is also a "need"

For the moment, it won't be in VXLSE III. I don't have any plans to merge both programs.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about fixing 'empty' voxel file loading? (when I saved the voxel file without drawing/doing anything else, it half-refused to load it)

------------------------------------------------------------

I did resized (not full resize!) a voxel, then after that oddly appeared some sections be filled with currently selected color what came when I pressed "Y:" 'up/down'.
Also Ctrl-Z / Undo made them disappear...

EDIT: Can I be beta-tester when you start testing VXLSE III 2.0 beta with people of PPMSite?

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one thing that i think everyone should be done and it would be very very nice, PrimaryFLH thing

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
How about fixing 'empty' voxel file loading? (when I saved the voxel file without drawing/doing anything else, it half-refused to load it)

Banshee wrote:
- Bug Fix: The program will now load sections with no used voxels instead of giving range check error.

------------------------------------------------------------
DonutArnold wrote:

I did resized (not full resize!) a voxel, then after that oddly appeared some sections be filled with currently selected color what came when I pressed "Y:" 'up/down'.

- Resize and New are messed up on 1.2c. X, Y, Z are out of place. I have it fixed here, although I don't know if it would fix this odd sections being filled problem.

Quote:
Also Ctrl-Z / Undo made them disappear...

- Undo is being redone because it's too much bugged.

Quote:
EDIT: Can I be beta-tester when you start testing VXLSE III 2.0 beta with people of PPMSite?

1) PPM.
2) No, because it's not ready for beta testing yet. As I said above, important parts of the program are being redone and the program can't be tested without them.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DuplExxx wrote:
MAKE IT OPEN SOURCE!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Ill tell you a story. Will the 'Father' of VXLSE created a Voxel Editor and lost the source code to it. He decided to create a new Voxel Editor and this time make it open source, so that if he ever lost the source code he could just download the app off of a site and bang he would have it again.

Ever since then each programmer who has worked on VXLSE (Will, Plasmadroid, Koan, Stucuk and Banshee) has continued the Open Source trend.

The source code is in Delphi(see Borland for more info on Delphi)

@Banshee: can you show me on msn the next time you see me how "bezier surfaces" are done.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Stu: http://cubic.org/docs/hermite.htm for Hermites. The bezier procedure is similar, except that the h matrix is different and it uses 3 points, instead of 2 points and 2 tangents.

@Gaffel: We need someone to find us the magic formula Wink, so we can make a tool based on it.

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if i knew what the magic formula was i would find it Very Happy

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
@Gaffel: We need someone to find us the magic formula Wink, so we can make a tool based on it.

Banshee, in the next couple of weeks, I might be messing with FLH and comparing numbers between FLH, 3Ds Max, and the voxel dimensions. Hopefully I'll get you a nice Ratio so you can add an FLH calculator. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

Gaffel.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Banshee, in the next couple of weeks, I might be messing with FLH and comparing numbers between FLH, 3Ds Max, and the voxel dimensions. Hopefully I'll get you a nice Ratio so you can add an FLH calculator. ^_^
[/quote]

IcySony55, there have bean a while snice you posted that, hows it going with it?

Darentei
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try "importing" some (alot) MSpaint features.
And, if that would have anything to do with it, the GDI -> Nod pallette swap is really bad. It makes units white.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darentei wrote:
And, if that would have anything to do with it, the GDI -> Nod pallette swap is really bad. It makes units white.

You can improve it using OS Palette Editor or WordPad/NotePad.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gaffel. wrote:
Quote:

IcySony55, there have bean a while snice you posted that, hows it going with it?

Notice how I said "weeks". Weeks are long amounts of time, and I did use the plural version of the word. When I feel like getting to it. I will.

Note for Banshee. The FLH Calculator should be placed in HVA Builder, and not VXL SE III. Because we want the FLH to work properly with turrets, which we align in HVA Builder. ^_^

Also, using my very own 3DS Max to FLH ratio. I'll be able to give Buildings and Infantry a proper FLH aswell.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
bobingabout
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quote:

Nice idea Smile.
used to exist in VXLSE II v2.1SE as CTRL+L(i think thats the shortcut function)(there were 2 options, copy, paste full, and paste, in VXLSE III, this is broke, and they all remove existing content).

as said(in an old bug report), i want the copy and paste to function as it did in VXLSE II v2.1SE.

a merge VXL would be nice too, in this case i can make several VXLs full of parts correctly positioned to be merged, then merge them up automaticly rather than manaually. (i've only done this once because it was such a PITA to copy every layer twice (normals and colours seperatly))

BTW, a nice option would be a checkbox somewhere, for copy normals with colours on and off. sometimes i want to copy both, but mostly only 1 or the other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum