Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Extended Tiberian Sun Engine
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 13 of 14 [678 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14 Next

You want it?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 170 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 181

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMT wrote:
If you dont have FS just find the ver 2.03 patch and patch it. its the exact same.

thanks for the tip SMT, I'll do this right away.... I surely hope what you say is true.. I'm itching to get started on ETS!

:EDIT: uhh, sorry for asking but where can I find this patch? can it be found on the site?

SMIFFGIG wrote:
FS has been out for almost 7 years... Buy it! $3.28

I bad comes to worse I guess I have no choice. that's good news though.. I thought good old games are impossible to find these days... it surely is here in the Philippines.. all they play here is dOTA Mad .

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i really wonder what is up with this now and if cncvk let this down for the overmodified rockpatch that is dropped from PaD...its a bit unfair....

Hydraw Art on Facebook

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I haven't heard much on this yesterday. But, YR is getting more attention for the more influential community for RP.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rock patch has enough for now, the RA2 modders should just be content for 5 mins of their life and TS get some of the attention it deserves with ETS!

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
the RA2 modders should just be content for 5 mins of their life

Yes, Virginia, we do keep VK chained in our basement and force him to code stuff exclusively for RP.

Last edited by John Galt on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We might just get more attention because we know how dependent we are on him, praise him for his work, and are capable of managing such simple organizational tools like bugtrackers and wishlists...

...instead of just sitting here and bitching about the coder's time management.

(iow: What do you think makes VK more likely to code: "Thank you, oh holy VK, for coding this godly feature!" or "Hey, bitch! Quit looking at RockPatch and do ETS already!!!"?)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have, as well as many others praised VK for his work, as well as offered any assistance he would require, or anything more he may like for working on ETS.

It would just appear that modding RA2 is more flashy, as more people play it, and as the RP was already established before he worked on it, it would be easier for him to continue.
I have no problem with that, and I understand it.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i didn't started the question for a flamewar.....
i just wanted to clear this for the people here if ETS is any important to him or not, many users what can't do those coding things like him count on hi, and seriously.....rock patch offers now a big deal of options for RA 2 modders, i just wanted to clear the fairness between this.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now Rock Patch have some problems Sad
When I will release the next RP I will finish final 3.2 ETS version and release it Smile

it's 100% right Smile

however now ETS have a feature which I afraid to do in RP Smile
4th weapons system

I need a basic code which allow simple add new stuffs.

And EFS more correct name Very Happy

And RA2 moders can simple migrating to YR.

Quote:
We might just get more attention because we know how dependent we are on him, praise him for his work, and are capable of managing such simple organizational tools like bugtrackers and wishlists...

And everyone always want to add bug to wishlist and post a wish into BugTracker Very Happy

Quote:
It would just appear that modding RA2 is more flashy, as more people play it, and as the RP was already established before he worked on it, it would be easier for him to continue.

Not right. I not want to offend PD, but his code sometimes bad and stupid and he never clear memory Sad

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God...what have I done??? I gotta apologize for starting all of that. Sorry guys.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great idea, 'bout time

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:
Now Rock Patch have some problems Sad
And EFS more correct name Very Happy

So this can handle both FS and TS?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sure hope FS is in the mix Smile

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will Wink.... I think. If it's not, I won't bother getting it because I am in love with FS, or... if there is something really good in it like last release :AA

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So this can handle both FS and TS?

However no Sad
Game always run in FS mode so Smile

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah...and anyways, the only real difference with FS is that there is a new loading screen, some new units, and 2 new campaigns...all of which more likely integratable into TS.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really see the point of changing ETS to EFS... It gives you no advantages for as far as I know, seeming regular TS with the latest patch has exactly the same possiblilities as FS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

indeed #Tongue i dont care what C&C VK does. all i was is to have something new to play with... and i would be greatful for that!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 2.03 of TS contains all the code for FS anyway. You can merge the firestrm.ini file overrides into rules.ini and as long as you have the FS mix files for the art assets, you can use the FS units in TS games and missions. This is unlike RA2 where YR got a new executable with new logic in it. This forces everyone who wants to use the RP to have YR which shouldn't be the case for the TS community. Go learn some programming and x86 assembly language if you think VK isn't paying enough attention to TS. I don't necessarily agree with the direction some features take in the rock patch, but I keep quiet because I don't intend to spend the time learning how to do it myself.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well you could be wrong about the direction blade. PAD and vk are just trying to give modders as many options as possible.

And BTW haven't seen you in a long time

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok sorry for not reading the whole post, I'm not sure whether or not this has already been mentioned, and I really don't feel like reading through all 13 pages ok?

Tiberian Sun is in desperate need of 3+ faction support, including separate mcvs, harvesters,E1's, etc.
That would be awesome ~~

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree TB

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do we really need 3rd faction support for 300 mods that will either add Scrin or Forgotten sides with overpowered units of FAIL? Jesus...lets concentrate on new logics, working air trans and crap that can actually beuseful before we worry about new factions...

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I could use another side.... the mod I'm making has 5 sides.... Including Nod and GDI.

There are many things I'm wishing for but I'll leave C&CVK to his work... He should do what he sees fit in this considering there are already dozens of features waiting to be implemented.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was under the impression CnCVK has been asked this over 100,000,000,000 times and is working on it. Also 3 sides is probably the max needed support, 4 I would say is the limit, its not easy to balance 3 sides.

However I would say that 3rd faction support should not be at the top of the to do list, there are so many other features and more interesting things that could be worked on before hand.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do people ever need more than a third faction? The people who make an extra side virtually never have the expertise to make a decent mod with the graphics set of a new side added in. Nobody was particularly bothered about having three sides until YR came along anyway. Adding a third side logic just takes up too much time and effort when extra features may be implemented that more people will use.

If 50 modders can honestly say (with proof) that they're going to implement a third side in their mod and have got concepts/models/voxels/SHPs/whatever already done then I'll eat my proverbial hat. However, I can safely say that won't be the case.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, but im voxelling for a mod with 5 sides, 3 of which are new, and with their own graphics (at least voxels)

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure the third side logic will be appreciated by me and many others.

Well, if you have to know then... yes. I do draw a lot of concepts and design lots of stuff when I'm not hanging out with my friends, going to school but just at home with nothing else to do.

And the reason why I've got 5 sides in my mod is because two of them are already provided by T.S., 3 are just simple sides by me.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I partially agree with Clazzy, but third side support, would be nice for some people, and perhaps upcoming mods BUT:

It's hard enough to mod 2 sides / create 2 sides that are balanced, I mean really balanced and work very well together, the general basic formula is one side is strong but slow, whilst the other is weak but fast so where does a third side really manage to balance well?

BTW I have nothing against third sides Wink.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple, the third side is the median. Not fast, not slow, and generally average in strength.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basicaly it would be just a dummy mix of the two sides then? It could also be super strong, but then again, super slow, or something like that....

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding a new faction logic would be project on its own, involving many different logics and breaking hardcodes only in that area.

I would rather see a slight bias against 3rd faction support, even if I would like to see it implemented.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about something along the lines of different countries, i.e. the RA games.
the factions would be the same, but they'd each have a "special" unit for each of them.

And I'd expect that if 3+ faction support there'd be alot of noobed cabal and scrin side-mods, but I'd also expect to see alot of good mods as well. So basically it's deciding whether or not it's worth it to go through all the coding just for those couple of good mods.
right?

The Team Black Index

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it? not really...why not get tons of new logics from RA2,TD,RA, for new exotic units, weapons, ect, instead of doing something silly and putting all that effort forward for a third side. If you want a third team, go to YR.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ desu, most of the current mods are mostly TS its not really that simple to migrate all the data for some mods
and desu theres more TS unit building limits in RA2 (example you can't build a laser fence in vaillina RA2 its just not possable.

and plus Total convertions take too long to make.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac58 wrote:
Total convertions take too long to make.

you can't expect to have something great by working on it for just a few days can you?

anyway, is there a building limit? like, is there some sort of maximum number of buildings I can add?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WW had nothing wrong with third sides... considering WW's original intentions was to have CABAL as the third side (yes playable third side) in FS... real shame

third+ side would be a superb additional feature of TS for modders no doubt about it

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make it EFS. It would run both TS and FS that way.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
Make it EFS. It would run both TS and FS that way.

it can already
the ts exe is the same for both ts and fs

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maby it was already sad..but heres my little wish..:

When infirnity gets crushed..it just vanishes..so try to make it leave a death animation..and also time tag how long does this death animation stays on the ground..

If I sad something n00b'ish please forgive me.. Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah sorry about that; when I asked someone what ETS was, they gave me this link, which was why I posted here.

The Team Black Index

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stability is the key issue thats why there was a uproar about RPCE and PaD left and sort of returned only to see his work have lot of bugs.

Also most of the features which were added in RP were not asked mainly but simply implemented.

Also ETS is a secondary project and its exposure isn't exactly great ... also not many mods seem to even use ETS (i.e. major ones)

Have a big mod like say TO or Clazzys mod use ETS like how MO uses RP and some documentation time spent on it and you might get the support you need.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Providing ETS is stable, TO will use it for sure.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment, mods are still not using ETS due to stability. CnCVK expect us to test his changes, because he wants to be more productive implementing more features. I understand his feelings. It's very boring to waste a long time testing the program to find bugs. We implement the features, test them under some conditions and let public test it... the problem is that it comes a moment where stability is a must and we have to start fixing things.

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but I'd rather see one, fully implamented, feature, rather than two buggy ones. I dont see why C&CVK cant test it himself - things like the GDI EVA voice bug are obvious bugs, that have simply been ignored.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against ETS or C&CVK. Like I said, id rather have less features and no bugs than lots of features and loads of bugs.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

humm yes i agree with banshee my mod will also use ETS for my sw's and other things ,IMO im not going to add it yet until its stable ,lest thing i want is more bugs however ..i do however support ETS.

ive changed my mind about the ETS third side lets just focus on the items added and fix any bugs first.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Requiest: Allow for upgrades to be requisites...

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Requiest: Allow for upgrades to be requisites...

If only it ever made sense, what you said -_-'

Also Banshee said ...

It has been said over 100 times at this topic that people should post their wishes about it at the following place:

http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/ETS:Wishlist

Otherwise it becomes a pain in the ass for C&CVK to organize the priorities for ETS.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 13 of 14 [678 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon