Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
GDI Pulse Cannon
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What team should I do next?
GDI
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Nod
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Civilians
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Cabal
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject:  GDI Pulse Cannon Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Changed the Nod icon on it to GDI.

Heres a pic

If you have any tips for me to do better that would be great. Very Happy

New GDI Pulse Cannon.zip
 Description:
GDI Pulse Cannon

Download
 Filename:  New GDI Pulse Cannon.zip
 Filesize:  3.2 KB
 Downloaded:  273 Time(s)

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude? how does it shoot if it misses the turret? Confused

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Dude? how does it shoot if it misses the turret?

The is a turret for it called ntpuls.a or something like that. Smile

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are two turrets;
NTPULS_A, the SHP turret, and the voxel turret, PULSCAN.vxl.

slightly ontopic: the EMP Cannon's turret in the cameo always reminds me of.. well.. a rat crouching on the base. Dunno why, really, just has.. O_o

FULLY ontopic: looks.. interesting, but the logo is a bit.. large.

"Banned" RP here

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So people want me to make another GDI shp. well looks like I will go do it.Keep the comments coming! Very Happy

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The GDI icon really stands out too much, it doesn't fit in. The colour is off, its too large, and looks in no way attached to the building, except for a large piece of card leaning against the building...

Nice idea, but poor implementation. Keep trying though, practise makes perfect.

UltimoWOL
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo Buddy what does you mean with Icon (cameo), don't you just mean structure.
An I do beleve you that you change it but can someone say what the difference are, please tell me.

Did you ever stop to notice?
The crying Earth the weeping shores.
What have we done to the world?
Look what we've done!
What about all the PEACE?

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dont say stupid stuff, it's annoying...

What he meant was the big GDI icon on the ion cannon. Did this anwser your question?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It’s just the nod radar with a poorly added GDI logo Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It’s just the nod radar with a poorly added GDI logo

First of all its not a nod radar! Mad its a pulse cannon! Mad , and the thing that I hate the most about these forums are people who go around saying "This is the worst building ever made man, just quit!" If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all! If there is something wrong about it tell me and I might fix it.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is true.. but.. in this instance there isn't much to comment on. What you have done doesn't work, full stop.
I have said the idea was nice, just the implementation was poor. The logo doesn't look like its on the building, or engraved on it. Its just a bmp pasted over...

And no one has told you to quit.

You have to be willing to take critism from both sides, good and bad, if you want to grow and get better.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I’m sorry yes it is the EMP cannon, I haven’t played TS in... well a long time & I got it mix up with the radar Embarassed

As for constructive criticism I would say it needs a bit more then just a GDI logo & the logo you added is too big & bright, it doesn’t match the building & stands out too much.

A lot of ppl around here make there own buildings from scratch so just sticking a new logo on a pre-existing one isn’t exactly noteworthy. I would suggest try being a bit more creative... for example:

GDI_emp.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.15 KB
 Viewed:  8730 Time(s)

GDI_emp.gif

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I’m sorry yes it is the EMP cannon, I haven’t played TS in... well a long time & I got it mix up with the radar

As for constructive criticism I would say it needs a bit more then just a GDI logo & the logo you added is too big & bright, it doesn’t match the building & stands out too much.

A lot of ppl around here make there own buildings from scratch so just sticking a new logo on a pre-existing one isn’t exactly noteworthy. I would suggest try being a bit more creative... for example:

Woah man thats alot better then mine! Surprised

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first one is an ugly emp cannon with what looks like a shrunk down image of the GDI logo stuck on the first frame, and it looks horrible sorry.

A least Mig Eaters has more effort put into it.

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad um.....ok well this is just great, I try to make something good and everyone thinks its a copy/paste job (that has just dashed my dreams of becoming a good SHP maker Crying or Very sad )

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it IS just a copy and paste job, sorry but if you can't take critism and learn from it without a dramatic response then your never going to learn and perfect any skills you may actually have in that feild.

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the thing is, is that it was not a copy/paste job I had to draw the GDI logo over the Nod one.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm.. okay.. you shouldn't need to do that.. I know the shp builder can be a pain the backside for copying stuff over existing stuff.. what I usually do is copy the image to an imaging program, and then paste the results back into shp builder. A lot easier.

You need to be careful of the pallete though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!