Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
strange problems with fan maps
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:  strange problems with fan maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded that mappack v. 2.2, and I have two strange issues with it.
1.) the map "Temple of Sarajevo" doesn't appear in map list in RotD
2.) map "No Man's Land" has strange invisible SAM sites (I can select them, they just don't have any model at all). They are near mutant bases in middle of map and defend powerplants on the island.

I use RotD 2.4 (2.5beta and music packs are still downloading, I'm afraid it will last very long with my 8 Kbytes/sec Sad)
Updated: Temple of Sarajevo exists in the list, but it has no name (empty string) and, when I select it and click OK, I get Internal Error.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I'm a bit late with the reply, but maybe some are interested in this...

to 1), yeah, there's a typo in the mission pkt file, that's why you get an internal error when you try to play the map. When testing some things for the next version of RotD, I came across this, and fixed the typo. It allowed to start the map then, but after a few secs when trying to scroll the map, I get another IE, so I decided to disable the map for the next RotD version.
about 2), the map maker probably used a no longer used version of the SAM, I'll try to fix that, shouldn't be difficult.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon