Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hot tiberium discussion!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [65 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:  Hot tiberium discussion!
Subject description: EA Predator vs Pods and Blosson Trees
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, Brotherhood! One vision and one purpose.

There are several complaints in the community, specially by hardcore old TD, RA and Ts fans that EALA and MIT are twisting Kane's original tiberium vision. In order to explain the way it reproduces and the way it is a great source of power, they tyranic GDI evil forces have made it spell radiation and absorb anything that it touches, including buildings and vehicles. The EA AP...P...P...P...Predator (yea, Predator not APOC #Tongue) has been unsuccessfully trying to explain the fans that they are just making an evolution of the concept of tiberium.

Of course, what we've seen so far from tiberium differs a lot from the tiberium we know. Anyway, I'm quoting the best post of that (currently 7 pages) topic made by cncforenchrissyx (EA.com), which explains exactly what most of us know as tiberium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alright PREDATOR, listen:

The pod leeches minerals and nutriants from the ground with its roots and stores them into valuable green crystals. A higher concentration ends up in blue crystals, which are more valuable and explosive. You can harvest the crystals and refine them. They are the result and kinda byproduct of the leeching process. The FS manual and the TD vids are telling us a lot of the real Tiberium. It's based on cell- division, very toxic and mutates its environment. Category: Flora! Tiberium = roots + pod + crystal.

By reaching a tree, the Tiberium mutates it into a blossom tree, called Tiberium Riparius. Those tress got these bulbs and spread with them via spores new Tiberium. It will grow faster then without blossom trees and always regrow around the tree.

The blue Tiberium don't need trees, it's forming a big blue and massive crystal, which spawns new blue Tiberium with shatters by small explosions on it. It's called the Tiberium Vinifera:

In 2031 another type of blue crystals were discovered similar to the blue one. It's a huge and giant crystal, about 2 metres high and 1 square metre big. It's called Tiberium Cruentus and spawns new Viniferas. When exploded they shower crystals around the landscape up to 600 metres!

Additionally, some more pics:

Still listen, Predator? Good, now have a look at your so called "Tiberium":
Tiberium = crystal. It's no longer plant-based, it's a pure crystal and grows by adding atoms to itself from other materials. I doesn't matter - humans, trees, cars, steel structures or even bridges. Everything is being crystallized, the Tiberium doesn't need any more organic surfaces, like earth or flesh (see umagon or Tiberian Fiends). The "non-Tiberium Tiberium" is now radioactive instead of being toxic and it's even not longer leeching materials from the ground due to its crystallization spreading. This Tiberium spawns from a boring crater. This includes, NO blossom trees, NO pods, but FULL ignorance of every previous game. From 1995 up to 2031 the real Tiberium never changed its attributes, only generated new types. Only 16 years later in 2047 the Tiberium is a complete other thing, which has NOTHING in common with the original one?
"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: Transmission Lost ::

On Predator's side:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It should be reminded again that Tiberium pods were put in the old C&C game for design purposes, not fictional. This was explained by APOC a while ago and confirmed by Louis Castle, one of the original creators of C&C." -- Predator

But let's be honest, even if the pods are there for design purposes, how come they suddenly disappear about 17 years? It doesn't make sense, does it? What do you think? The thread is HERE, but if you dislike the slow EA forums, post your comments here (guest posting allowed).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA Predator wrote:
Chris's post is quite detailed and I don't have a detailed counter for it other than what you guys already know about Tiberium in C&C 3. The fictional aspect of Tiberium has not changed in C&C 3, it is still the central point of the story, and really, that is more important than whether or not there are pods or blossom trees, whether or not the absence of those two visual depictions of Tiberium are not included in the canon of C& C 3. I'm sure you will immedietly disagree and lash against me for that, but its important to me personally as a gamer that Tiberium still plays the central role in the fiction and gameplay...and it certainly does in C&C 3...and more so in fact.

I know there are certain other aspects being debated about what is TS and what is TD in C&C 3, and we have not explained everything yet or even revealed much if anything about the story and further gameplay.

My feeling is, die hard C&C fans will appreciate and enjoy C&C 3 when they play it, but they are probably going to be cynics until they have it in their hands. If we were to put pods and blossom trees in the game, then we'd get flamed for something else the next day. I can't promise we can always make a change the community wants, whether it is canon or not.

We've had a lot of press and hardcore fans look at this game first-hand, and not a single one has made a negative complaint about Tiberium, about TS or TD, and certainly thats not to say we aren't listening, but it is to say that when you see the game in motion, and ultimately when you understand more about the story and where we are coming from, I do think you'll start to appreciate it more.

That's all i've got for this thread now, i will make sure that in future podcasts, blogs, etc, that we start to explain more about the science and fiction behind C&C 3, why certain things look the way they do, etc. We've planned for this all along, we just have not been ready to unleash it all in one big gulp.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just don't understand how it could have changed so drastically in such a period of time. It is no longer, as stated, a plant. It's just, well, bollocks.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it was a limitation to the game, then why did WW create cutscenes and an entire backstory surrounding it?

johnym
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actualy, this has been in my list of things i don't like about C&C3 for about...erm...since the first picture that featured that tiberium "hole".

But since some people thought that i should shut the ztype up and give EA a chance...i guess i couldn't voice my oppinion without getting flamed to oblivion. Oh well...

Oh, and btw, with this "new explenation", EA contradicts themselves. Heh, what are the odds of that...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find it pathetic that these idiots are still bickering about ztyping pods on Tiberium. You know whats more important? UNIT DESIGNS, MAPS, GAMEPLAY. Lets stop BITCHING about a futile matter(Who the hell is going to spend the game gawking at the tiberium? The damn Harvies clear it out anyways.) And start asking EA real questions. We got Kane back, We got a very nice Nod faction.

is a ztyping pod on Tiberium more important then Joe Kucan? Nod's utter asskickness, GDI's untimely pwnage?

No, it isnt. The fans just need something to continue their EA hatred and these stupid pods are it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The matter isn't the pod, Carno. Tiberium from C&C 3 is completely different from the old tiberium... There is no consistency at all.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those Generals and EA fanatics are just a poo.
They don't know OR don't give a ztype about WW's original C&C games, they just respect EALA's new ideas (like this tiberium=chrystal). Some of them even say that true C&C -fans are bunch of noobs who are always whining about the true C&C spirit. I don't like that at all... Mad

johnym
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
We got a very nice Nod faction.

"using technology that is over 55 years old" Confused

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only remotely reasonable explanation for changes with Tiberium is that either it adapted/evolved in some uncanny, alien way, or the change was made by the aliens who sent it as a terraforming agent. Since Tiberium's an organism of literally unearthly origin, it can change in any unexpected way. This, at least, seems a preferable explanation to me. It's just sad to think that the developers could neglect the original C&C heritage in a simple "pods or no pods - same **** another time" Sad

I really hope the developers will find some way not to contradict the original canon in C&C3. Well, a man can dream... Rolling Eyes

As for the "50-year-old" technology, it is really weird how many units look more like their respectable TD counterparts (or sometimes, like units from Generals and Emperor: Battle For Dune)... No Mammoth Mk. II?

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LoL!

If they don't make pods or blossom trees we can make them! Rolling Eyes
What the heck is the problem here? Today I had my first 3d-modelling class and I'm sure with some pratice I can give you people the most beautifull blossom trees and pods of tiberium you have ever seen. Don't worry. Same goes with the buildings. If I see the work from example Holy_master I just know We won't have a problem at all bringing the old CnC feeling back to game if EA failed to get it in. Let's just wait for the release first and then make the conclusions. Cool

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cncforenChrissyx wrote:
Well, i prefer this compromise:

There are two major stages of Tiberium.
At the very beginning, the pod will leech minerals from the ground with real roots and store them in a Tiberium crystal. More concentrated minerals will cause blue crystals. By getting near to a tree, the Tiberium will mutate it to a blossom tree with bulbs, spreading tiberian spores. (Riparius)
The Tiberium (green and blue) will keep on growing and spreading. By reaching a certainly size or the ground doesn't contain anymore minerals to leech, the pod will cause the crystal to change its behavior form. The Tiberium crystal will begin to collect atoms by adding them to itself. This will cause, the pod being crystallized and everything else, the Tiberium crystal will touch (even nearby blossom trees). The blue Tiberium will first expand to a Vinifera, by spreading normal blue Tiberium (belonging to the first stage) and slowly growing to a Cruentus, spreading Viniferas. Aboreus can be used to describe the green Tiberium of the second stage. This Aboreus is limitless in growing bigger and bigger (compare pics of red zones), but the blue one will stop growing bigger by reaching the Cruentus class.
Being around with Tiberium of the first stage is not as dangerous as being around with Tiberium of the second stage. You can touch first-stage- crystals by having no fear being crystallized. This sort is very easy to harvest, i don't know to harvest the second stage. Blue Tiberium of the first stage is explosive due to its high concentration of minerals. Vinifera and Cruentus are not that explosive, but very sensitively. By shooting at Cruentus, they will "split up" and shower crystals / themself around the landscape up to 600 metres. The first stage Tiberium in general will cause mutations (Fiends, Visceroids, Floater, ...) and the second stage will cause crystallations (bridges, metals, humvess, ...).
The second stage is caused by GDI's tries with the Tacitus to stop the Tiberium between the years 2030 and 2047.

Basically, you can say
first stage = modified original Tiberium incl. Riparius, green and blue Tiberium
second stage = modified new Tiberium incl. Vinifera, Cruentus and Aboreus

This is kinda nice explanation for the chrystals...

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont see why people are going all nuts about this.
the community is devided in half about this topic.
personaly i dont give a hoots ass that they are changing tiberium, as long they give us a good explaination for it.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont want do things by myself. I can it but i dont want.. i want to see a good game that not CnC universe which i love so much. Look like we ve wait too much so right now simply dont care what exactly EA doing with for us... If for some body Joe as Kane is enought to enjoy.. for me it is not :rolleye:

Scrin Commander
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I strongly disagree 2 the new tiberium in C&C 3, but look, I understand that the original tiberium has been around in the years of the C&C history for a long time but still that's no excuse 2 replace all of it, read it, ALL OF IT with huge crystals of tiberium, OMG! unless the want 2 have it fail as it did with non-C&C GENERALS DID?! And I swear, I do not want 2 see another C&C rip-off that generals did, the original tiberium is supposed 2 b in the C&C storyline, deal with it, it may advanece but for fuckin' cryin' out loud DO NOT MAKE THAT AN EXCUSE @ WIPE ALL OF OUR NOSTALGIA OF THE GREAT C&C GAMES OF THE PAST PLEASE!! Don't make another non-C&C like generals did!! OMG! I hate generals for doing that! Mad Mad

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this new Tiberium better then the old stuff, it makes more sense. That old stuff was kind of lame IMO, this stuff is realistic and fun...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess Im one of the people who are not strongly against Tiberiums new explaination. Im not happy about it, but I think Ill live even if they keep it the way it is now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
johnym
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

slightly OT:
Banshee, can you pm-me Predator's e-mail?
I have apoc's but they could have changed it all kidnapped-style and all Wink

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously, who gives a damn about this? STOP WHINING. WESTWOOD ALSO PLANNED THIS BS. Look at the old 2002 C&C3 introductory video with the meteor crashing in Las Vegas. DO YOU SEE ANY PODS IN THAT TIBERIUM?! NO. Exactly.

And it looks MUCH MUCH better now than it did before anyways. And Carno is right, stop acting like n00bs and whining about nothingness, there's more important things to the game, like graphics and desgins IN GENERAL, storyline and gameplay.

And besides, they haven't posted the whole info and reason on it! And they could've made Tiberium a giant orange blob and say it was due to the same reason, an engine limitation. Ask Louis Castle, ask Joe Kucan, ask PETROGLYPH. It IS the reason.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agree with Carno and Alex06...Quit the whining, its been planned since WW was around... -_-

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cadre wrote:
I like this new Tiberium better then the old stuff, it makes more sense. That old stuff was kind of lame IMO, this stuff is realistic and fun...

For the record, the new tiberium isn't realistic.

johnym
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

johnym wrote:
people thought that i should shut the ztype up

And i shall Very Happy

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 guess what, WW wasn't WW in 2003 it was EA whcih means WW planned bugger all in the game. And since when did it matter what it looked like "OMG it looks much better now so stfu about continuity". No, you stfu about looks over storyline.

On the topic, EA continuoulsy tell us they want to appease the fans whether they be hardore multiplay gamers or single player gamers. Is getting the contunuity with the backstory so hard and how in the name of all that is holy does this affect the different game-modes in which case why the **** can't they do it properly. Having read that thread and this one this game might as well be generals 2 as people don't give 2 crap's about the previous games and their content. personally i caouldn't care less about the tiberium being different but if it stays that way i wont be buying the game until there is a mod that makes it actually a C&C game.

Quote:
With respect to the old Tiberium, we have scientific reasoning for the way Tiberium is in our game (we've published articles and will publish more in the future) and I want to remind, Tiberium is the central focus for which the story revolves around, its the core reason for the war between GDI and Nod, so we take it extremely seriously.

Can it really have been that hard to come up with scientific reasoning for the old tiberium that you had to re-invent the stuff. i doubt it. stfu EA.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Cadre wrote:

For the record, the new tiberium isn't realistic.

For the record, the original Tiberium was even more unrealistic...

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original tiberium was never explicitly explained. The new tiberium scientifically makes no sense. I speak from my own personal knowledge of quantum physics here. Since the original tiberium had unknown substances in, these would have (assumedly) caused whatever made tiberium do what it does. The fact that EA wanted to explain it is good, but it is poorly explained. It was better being unknown, I think.

johnym
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
i wont be buying the game until there is a mod that makes it actually a C&C game.

My notes could help in here a lot. Laughing

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jesus christ. this is lamer then a debate between Trotskyists and Stalinists.

wes.com wrote:
i dont see why people are going all nuts about this.
the community is devided in half about this topic.
personaly i dont give a hoots ass that they are changing tiberium, as long they give us a good explaination for it.

Thank you, very much so. Did people cry when the Soviet Union lost her Aircraft(except a ztyping blimp and C-130s) in RA2? No. They just went 'LOL K!', yea, this same community. So much for continuality. Westwood completley stripped the Soviet faction of its RA1 Identity, and only Russia being the original Soviet faction. Where'd Ukraine go? iraq? lybia? What the hell?
When GDI lost the Mammoth Tank(THE Icon of C&C, next to ORCA maybe.), nobody cried cause it was replaced by a 'Mark II' quadrupedal mech with a build limit, and cheesy railguns. Why was the Mammoth Tank, THE ICON of C&C dropped for a shit quad mech that was shorter then a damn Radar tower.

Scrin Commander wrote:
DO NOT MAKE THAT AN EXCUSE @ WIPE ALL OF OUR NOSTALGIA OF THE GREAT C&C GAMES OF THE PAST PLEASE!! Don't make another non-C&C like generals did!! OMG! I hate generals for doing that!
So not having little brown pods that will only be noticed when you zoom in on the Tiberium will kill TEN YEARS worth of nostalga? Right....

johnym wrote:
"using technology that is over 55 years old"
Thats kind of funny. If Nod didnt have the '55 Year old tech'(Obelisks, Stealth Tanks, Flame tanks, ect), im sure the fans would be going into cardiac arrest over OMG NO STANK DIS R NOT CANDCEE!!1 Besides, Age doesnt matter much in the real world of warfare. The M1 Garand rifle from WWII was used in Korea, and, even used by some marines and soldiers in VIETNAM against the Viet-cong instead of M-16s. Designs that last long are quality designs. The Ak-47 another example, of course.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me just say this, I hope EA ignores you guys this time. I'm tired of all this arguing, we got our MCV's, we got our sidebar interface, we got our ****ing Engineers. I see no using in having a new game if you are all gonna fight EA to make it exactly like the old ones...

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
QUICK_EDIT

Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile) close
Let me just say this, I hope EA ignores you guys this time. I'm tired of all this arguing, we got our MCV's, we got our sidebar interface, we got our ****ing Engineers. I see no using in having a new game if you are all gonna fight EA to make it exactly like the old ones...

If EA wants to take westwoods place at the drivers seat of CnC, they'd better be prepared for the responsability.

The original tiberium would have been easier to implement then the new stuff, the tib filled crevasses... meh.

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Drivers seat, exactly! That means they are at the wheel and they can do what ever they want, and they don't have to listen to you. We're lucky they have so far, don't push your luck...

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*posting here because I cannot post at the EA Forums due to what only can be technical retardism and software failure, feel free to post this for me*

Apparently my last post didn't go through after the lame-ass EA forum malfunctioned and gave me a full football stadium for the background. These forums are really crap, for the record.

As crap as this design change. The changes being made to tiberium's representation piss me off most because they make void all previous games. You can't have a lot of the action, a ton of the FMVs and print material, and even the mission objectives and settings are entirely nullified by the "new" tiberium that flies in the face of conventional tiberium wisdom. It looks a lot more like a crappy beryl [re:emerald] formation; when I think of blue tiberium, for example, I think of a big jaggy unstable formation. Not a perfectly geometrical, stable, architecturally sound pillar.

Also, that "tiberium mutant" looks more like somebody literally photoshop-merged a photo of beryl right onto a myspace photo. Unimpressive. Where the hell are my floaters, and the vast array of tiberium plantforms? Firestorm proved that tiberium-infested sites aren't all deserts devoid of anything at all. Are we going to have vein-hole monsters? Those were desert "creatures" I suppose, around since the days of Tiberian Dawn, but they've been mentioned not-at-all.

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
If it was a limitation to the game, then why did WW create cutscenes and an entire backstory surrounding it?

That's just it, there's no limitationg saying they had to add the sponge/pod/whatever you want to call it. They could've made it look like the basic infantry if they wanted. How the hell can he get off saying it was for design purposes, and isn't the design and fiction .. designed together? Developed hand-in-hand? It seems like his posts are all huge loads of bullshit.

MIT? What a bunch of crackpots. They should've gone to fans in any other school in the state. You think RIT or WPI would've let this shit pass? I don't know anybody at my school who's happy about these changes.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Important Note: DO NOT INSULT MIT HERE

They pwn and they provide free bandwidth for the Icetex server that hosts Revora and PPM, as the server is in a bedroom of one MIT student.

But you can disagree with their tiberium theory, which, in my honest opinion, with what I've seen so far, it needs to be fully re-worked.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos Wrote
Quote:
On the topic, EA continuoulsy tell us they want to appease the fans whether they be hardore multiplay gamers or single player gamers. Is getting the contunuity with the backstory so hard and how in the name of all that is holy does this affect the different game-modes in which case why the **** can't they do it properly. Having read that thread and this one this game might as well be generals 2 as people don't give 2 crap's about the previous games and their content. personally i caouldn't care less about the tiberium being different but if it stays that way i wont be buying the game until there is a mod that makes it actually a C&C game.

No matter what EA does with Tiberium they wont please everyone, PERIOD. Wow... Generals 2? -_-. You couldnt be more wrong. If they didnt care, then then we would not see familiar units and structures back, game play style, and even Kane. While your not buying the game Ill be enjoying C&C 3 for hours on end. So G fuking G... Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wrong, TS.

If they'd left it as it was, we'd have been all pleasantly surprised. As it is, Making EA's mark on CnC with drastic changes to the core cannon is really bugging a lot of the community.

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't read EAs version of the life cycle of Tiberium. However, remember that glass, and other things that appear solid can actually act as fluids in the long term.

You don't have to ask MIT about that. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_drop_experiment
I know about this because I am studying physics/maths and this univeristy.

I don't know if knowing about 'pitch' will help out the explaination at all, but it could form a valid argument of how the tiberium's early stages (containing numerious crystals) could be condensed into one large crystal over time, however calling it a crystal is incorrect because it denotes a certain molecular stucture that would not undergo this behaviour. At the low level however you would have to do some explaining, especially were the forces causing this are coming from. Some Ferroliquid?

But from what I see it as, tiberium is suppose to be mysterious!

The reason it has a green glow is probably because the designers wanted the player to realise that tiberium was mysterous, also a ery glow like that represents danger / radiation / toxic hazard.

I don't mind having a discussion about it if you wish.

equiredox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Ferroliquid explaination is only partial, since magnetic fields cannot do 'work' - hence why magnetic bottles are used to confine plasma (which is charged)

http://www.answers.com/topic/magnetic-bottle.
anyway whateva!

equiredox

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... Predator is dumb or just kidding? He was asked about the wrong tiberium theory but his answer was about... pods. He didn't say anything about blossom trees, mutants, mutant animals, leeching minerals and etc. Only pods. And only then he says that blossom trees will make us flame EA.
Why ffs tiberium spawned from blossom trees for 30 years, and in 17 they don't exist at all. Like a squad of chrono legionnaires erased them with no trace left...
And why we shouldn't like riparius? Craters are wrong, not riparius...

EA think in the way "EA is clever and does everything for original C&C, community are complaining n00bs who don't know what they want exactly". I hope they will change their opinion.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
The original tiberium was never explicitly explained. The new tiberium scientifically makes no sense. I speak from my own personal knowledge of quantum physics here. Since the original tiberium had unknown substances in, these would have (assumedly) caused whatever made tiberium do what it does. The fact that EA wanted to explain it is good, but it is poorly explained. It was better being unknown, I think.

MIGHT I REMIND YOU ITS THE FVCKING MIT?!
M. I. T.
Massachussets Institute of Technology.
These guys know their science, so you people better shut up, those people have studied science alot, and know their stuff, while you don't know as much as they do. They are FAR MORE advanced than you. And yeah, the tiberium WAS unrealistic. Not only that, but how is a plant supposed to infect anything? The new look has NOTHING to do with the MIT's explanation. The new look was already in there, the new MIT explanation is good, and I always overlooked Tiberium not as a plant (how the fvck is a plant supposed to takeover another life, anyways?!), but rather as a micro-organism or weird non-carbon-based particle that had properties to take over other life. And not only that, but TIBERIUM MUTATIONS such as visceroids, Fiends, floaters and veinholes ARE BACK, along with a few new ones. Micheal Verdu confirmed it himself during a little interview at Leipzig. And it's not just PPM vs Predator. Aaron Kaufman also said this, and I know how much a fan of the C&C series he really is. He knows well what can be changed and what shouldn't be. AND GO THANK GOD TIBERIUM ISNT A GIANT RED BLOB INSTEAD! And since when was it said by EA that the Tiberium is just crystals? THEY SAID IT'S A MYSTERIOUS LIFE THINGY. I also like the new tiberium...you can see the roots growing underground while being on the surface (ingame)! D:> Awe-some!

GEEZ DONT YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE WHINING FOR?! NOTHING! Jesus-h-christ! ITS JUST SOME RANDOM GRAPHIC FILLER! And it wouldn't have been coherent to just put pods in game and not in the FMV's...Besides, it looked better with pods in TD and TS's engines, but now it can truly be what it REALLY is without looking bad. So what, they should've just never put pods? ASK THE GUYS FROM PETROGLYPH. THEY'D FREAKING TELL YOU THIS IS NOT A LIE! The idea was put down by the westwood devellopment team ever since 1995, people! Ask Joe Bostic, Adam isgreen, or anyone from Petroglyph for example! This game is great, and the pods were there for no other reason than graphical. YOU'VE BEEN WHINING EVER SINCE IT WAS ANNOUNCED! So what, EA's doing it! CNC Generals was a failure? THEN YOU ARE NOOBS, it was a great game! It didn't live up to what it SHOULD'VE been at first, but thank god it got out, because it's a fun multiplayer game. It wasn't meant to be with the other C&C games, just a random name, C&C fit with the game's title, GENERALS. So what, can't have new universes?! What about RA and RA2? That was just another separate project, and NOT by the people who are doing C&C3. EALA works on C&C3 while it was EA Pacific who worked on Generals. Can't you just be happy there's a sequel to TS AT LEAST? If you don't like it, SHUT UP ABOUT IT! Go mod it, make a mod for any C&C game if you want, too! GO MAKE YOUR OWN SEQUEL TO TS! I bet it wouldn't be as closely amazing as EA's TW! Banshee, I expected more from you, you're feeding a crowd to hate your favorite series JUST because EA's making it and it's not 100% what YOU want? Hey! If they followed TS completely, they wouldn't have a SEQUEL (CNC3) to begin with! The Earth'd be already finished! <_< Plus, mechs are back for GDI! Don't worry about that one either...

Oh, and to be honest, they shouldn't have put Engineers in! They should've put building takeover like in Earth 2140 and 2160 instead. And Finally, did I ever hear any fan of another game, like Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, for example, ever whine for that game's sequel? I mean, the place where the plot takes place was changed completely, the main characters are a new set of characters, and only one of the old characters returns as a main character (although she appears only later in the game) and the other main characters from the original DO NOT appear much in the game, unless it's for a little cameo reference, as a bonus character or as a secret unlockable character. So...Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories had ALMOST NOTHING back storyline wise from it's first game. Did ANY FAN OF THAT GAME WHINE?! NO. They said "ok, sure why not! It'll be great anyways!". And we get MOST of the Story sh1t back, and you guys whine for only ONE and useless detail that's left out of the game? (Which barely even affects the storyline and continuity) GEEZ!

Raptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 you act as we should be gratefull (bow to EA) for makeing C&C3 with even something that bonds it with TS/FS...

dude its their obligation to fans and history of Tiberian series to make it RIGHT !
not as THEY choose to their own fiction !

if ignoring past sequels why even bother to make new "sequel" ?

oh yes... the money...

WHINE THIS .!. asskisser

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The tau lepton (often called the tau or occasionally the tauon) is a negatively charged elementary particle with a lifetime of 3×10−13 seconds

Tau leptons have incredibly short lifetimes, far too short for them to have ANY effect on the world around them. For them to reach anything to have an effect, it would be required to travel at almost the speed of light (thereby increasing its half life relative to our time frame). For humans to do this, we need a particle accelerator to smash particles at VERY HIGH ENERGIES. MIT's theory demands that tiberium can generate these, which simply doesn't happen. The only way to get these energies in the real world is from a lovely bit of nuclear fusion from a star.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Raptor wrote:
Alex06 you act as we should be gratefull (bow to EA) for makeing C&C3 with even something that bonds it with TS/FS...

dude its their obligation to fans and history of Tiberian series to make it RIGHT !

oh yes... the money...

WHINE THIS .!. asskisser

Well considering how emo and stupid the whole community's been to EA, APOC especially, i'd be kissing their asses if you want a RA3 or Ren 2. You people bitched over the TW announcement 'OMG THEY R GANNA KILL TIBERIAN SUN'S GREAT LEGACEEE!!1'. Bitched over the lack of mechs and how GDI reverted back to tanks. Funny, RA2's Soviet Union nixed the Yak and MiG aircraft, nobody cried a river and cut their wrists.

And since when was EA obliged to finish this series? Huh? Did they sign a contract in blood with Lou Castle and Sperry? Kane even? They arent. They could tell the fans to go screw themselves and sell the liscence(hopefully not to Petroglyph. God knows the 'WESTWOOD LIVES' ztyping posts would be everywhere.). They should've done RA3...Less fan drama and genocide. And demo trucks. Mmm... Rolling Eyes

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They will never create RA3. Look at the political mess around the globe. Now the Americans have partially understood it is not popular to insult Soviet Union and Russia. Today they fight imaginary terrorists (please, DO NOT START POLITICAL FLAME), so EA created Generals, and in C&C3 Nod look like arab guerillas (see concept-art with Nod troops running with a flag and strange green glass things)...

this is only my opinion and I do not insist on taking it as the only correct one...
Anyway, their tiberium is getting more and more weird with every passing day, and any provements of this are ignored (0MG WE ASK3D T3H M1T, STFU N00B5!!! ). Unfortunately...

damn, tomorrow to Moscow to pass a test in the institute. why ffs on Sunday? Sad

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pass the test for the motherland, Dread! Smile

I do not wish to infringe on others beliefs in how Tiberium is, but...

Personally, I like the C&C3 Tiberium for certain reasons.

A) Better explained.
B) Sure, EA fucked up over the mutation effects.
C) Less Pods, more Crystals. xD
D) Plus they STILL have one issue thats been left ignored for a long time. ( view below )

Pods wasn't exactly catching on to me, mostly because A, how DOES the plant actually form the crystals? and how can they get so big, when theres nothing to build on the already exposed surface of the crystals?

Now we look at Command and Conquer 3, we see the same issue...expanding crystals...Amazingly huge when they start as small crystals... Correct me if I'm wrong, but they was heavily vague in that area.

Of course, I might also be missing something regarding crystals, but then again, I never really studied much behind crystals. Confused

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was the 'charm' of TD... It was a sort of sponge plant that had crystals as 'leaves'... It seemed to add an extra facet to the organism. I still dont see why EA had to make trouble for themselves by getting MIT to explain science-fiction... Who needs the explaination? It was explained as well as it needed in the TD tiberium intro FMV. Now, instead of the 'inventive' toxic crystal plant we used to have... They've made it a cancerous emerald... I cant see how we can have the 'forgotten' if they rather quickly morph into a rock. No longer are there visceroids. Just solid green statues littering the battlefield.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Raptor wrote:

oh yes... the money...

WHINE THIS .!. asskisser

Well considering how emo and stupid the whole community's been to EA, APOC especially, i'd be kissing their asses if you want a RA3 or Ren 2. You people bitched over the TW announcement 'OMG THEY R GANNA KILL TIBERIAN SUN'S GREAT LEGACEEE!!1'. Bitched over the lack of mechs and how GDI reverted back to tanks. Funny, RA2's Soviet Union nixed the Yak and MiG aircraft, nobody cried a river and cut their wrists.

And since when was EA obliged to finish this series? Huh? Did they sign a contract in blood with Lou Castle and Sperry? Kane even? They arent. They could tell the fans to go screw themselves and sell the liscence(hopefully not to Petroglyph. God knows the 'WESTWOOD LIVES' ztyping posts would be everywhere.). They should've done RA3...Less fan drama and genocide. And demo trucks. Mmm... Rolling Eyes

Since when was anyone asking for the retarded piece of crap Red Alert 3 would have to be after Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge? I'd prefer a C& 3 made RIGHT than a C&C3 made wrong and then whatever mess of a story they could make up for RA3 to get it to a level where it's not ridiculously cartoony - 'Yuri secretly wasn't captured?', 'It was all the President's dream!?' please God no.

They do seem to be at least half listening to the fans - but there's no reason why they NEED to change tiberium from what it's been for a decade. But of course 'You can't fix what's not broken' doesn't work for people blinding themselves to any possible problems and calling them whining emo kids and praising EA for changing something which didn't need changing.

It's people like yourself who'd still be praising EA and calling us 'whiny emo kids' if they'd replaced GDI with Marshmallow creatures and Nod was remade to be to the Brotherhood of the Potted Noodle. Rolling Eyes

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C3's apparently being made WRONG by most of you Westwood zealots who think Westwood's sellout to EA was the worst tragedy since the A-bombs hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And about the tiberium being changed...JUST IGNORE THE MIT CRAP. How hard is it? You people can ignore Renegade totally, you can ignore RA2 and YR, too, Why not some stupid PCGamer article? And no, i woulndt be praising EA if they did that. I'd not buy CC3, but I wouldnt go declairing E-jihad on EAgames like Bittah and this other guy have. Ignore the blasphemy canon EA's trying to establish, how hard is that? God.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wrong. CnC3 was 'made wrong' by EA's silly decision to ask mit how it's done.

And, the sellout of Westwood WAS the worst thing since the a-bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki!

Gosh. Some people... Rolling Eyes

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frankly, I don't give 2 and a half damns about how Tiberium is done. All I care about concerning Tiberium in C&C3 is that there are crystals, and that you harvest them and process them for game credits, and that they can reproduce/(self-)replicate/multiply in some manner so that you won't be left without resources. When and why did this turn into a discussion about M.I.T. and E.A.? As has been said before, we've got MCVs, Engineers, a sidebar, mechs, Orcas, Mammies, and all that other happy stuff, and even if EA wouldn't listen to us, we should still just cram a sock in it and not push our luck.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rest assured that a community mod will fix all the things we totally dislike about the game a few weeks after release.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!