Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hot Nod discussion!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:  Hot Nod discussion! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello again, brothers!

One vision, one purpose! In the end of the last month, Kane returned and used the media to show you the technology of peace that will be in your arsenal on Command & Conquer 3.

The buildings were fully redesigned and looking more techy, and in some cases, even kinda organic. The war factory brings vehicles from the underground. The airfield can handle more than one landing pad. There is an armory and a building some people are calling 'Purifier'. You can check all Nod buildings HERE.

Our soldiers are either hired from the yellow zones or highly trained personal, capable of changing the tide of the battle. We have light infantry, rocket soldiers and fanatics who can die for our cause. Our well trained soldiers are the black hand shock tropper, equipped with flamethrowers and that can be upgraded to chemical weapons. Our saboteurs can capture enemy buildings and our commando unit is only known as the Shadow.

We have raider buggys, attack cycles and stealth tanks that works like in previous games. Our main battle tank is apparently called Scorpion Tank, an evolution of Tick Tank. The artillery has envoled to a bean cannon artillery, that also deploys but it uses plasma weapons, apparently. The greatest big news is the Nod Avatar Mech. The most powerfull vehicle that can take weapons from other vehicles, making it become quite versatile.

Nod also has the Vertigo Bomber to replace the Banshee (now I feel myself retired #Tongue), a scout and an air transport.

Our forces excels on hit and run sneaky tactics, as usual, lead by the vision and wisdom of Kane. The technology of peace will finish with the tirany of GDI and all developped countries, multi-millionaire industrials, banks and corrupts that currently rules our world. It will provide hope and order to the poor, conditions for a better life and the evolution of the mankind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering the success of the hot tiberium discussion, what about talking about Nod now? I've seen voices of unhappy people about the lack of subterranean technology and disappearance of the EMP. But we can't forget that they haven't revealed everything of it yet. We still haven't seen the temple of Nod, the missile silo, etc. Lots of things weren't explained yet. However, the flame tank is no longer subterranean, as we could see. It uses Tiberian Dawn technology. At the same time we've seen some inovations, some old inovatioins disappeared and 55 years old technology are still used. Some may wonder if today countries still uses the same abrams tanks used in 60's, why some sides regressed to older technology if they had something better?

Post your comments, guest posting allowed.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! Nod must be great, because no one has no comments. EA must have done a perfect job then Wink.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't see any reason to reply, nothing new. Ya there are some names in there, but without any pictures theres no reason to believe them...

What is this thread about anyway?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cadre wrote:
Waht is this thread about anyway?

Have you read it?

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's just the main post was more of a statement then a disscussion starter.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it wasn't a statement. To be honest, I said absolutelly nothing new. I just tried to remind what was revealed in Leipzig convention.

To start a revolution, I need information. The purpose I have. My purpose is a better Brotherhood of Nod in C&C 3. I have a basic plan on how to make this revolution, so I need supporters. The plan will suffer curves, depending on the ammount of supporters, so I can't tell you something that can change fast.

So, I have the vision and the purpose, but I need the brotherhood. Are you up for it? Post what you think of everything Nod related here. From units, to concepts, to technologies, 3d models, etc.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hot Nod discussion! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Some may wonder if today countries still uses the same abrams tanks used in world war 2, why some sides regressed to older technology if they had something better?

Abrams Tanks in WW2? O_o
Banshee, are YOU SURE, you're ok?
Abrams are since the 60's, not WWII...And the models have upgraded since then...
Like, you know...M1A1 > M1A2 > M1A3...

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorpion tank .. hmm .. Sounds like it came from C&C Generals. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Alex06: Fixed. WW2 is not my expertise, definitelly.

@Jamesb0nd: Yea, it reminds me Generals. But as far as I've heard, it seems to be some sort of upgrade of the Tick Tank.

Scrin Commander
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I honestly was expecting 2 b more NOD like but the announced NOD structures and units look very not NOD-like! And I know that they should look better and different.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do you think they are not 'NOD-like'?

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some Buildings of NOD look maybe a little too organic. But I kinda still like them Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The buildings are religious, it took me a good few hours to realize that. They have the shape of the TS Nod Temple, but the accent of the TD Nod temple. The reason you guys think those building are not Nod like is because they do not resemble the Nod structures in our mods. We can't even realise what True Nod is, because the only real buildings that have ever had any whiff of Nod on them is the Hand of Nod and the Temple of Nod. EA is the first group of people to realise Nod is a cult, and decided to use that as a base for Nod's military. I'm actually impressed at that, sure they weren't what any of us expected but they are true Nod style whether we like it or not...

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think some of those units suit Nod perfectly , and they seem pretty interesting.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say, I like what I see in EA's vision of the Technology of Peace.

I do like the buildings, at least their concepts. They are really interesting, and really give a true feeling of Nod to which was barely touched before, so I'm proud of EA for that.
Although I love the concept for the Nod helipad.. it does seem far too unrealistic for me. I mean.. its a huge monolith.. its just ASKING to have a few missiles coming its way.. I mean.. you could hit that thing blind-folded #Tongue.

Another thing I like is Nod's apparent dependency/concentration on infantry units for its warfare.
In Tiberian Sun, Nod had the more versatile infantry, and was especially effective when used in conjuction with the Subterrenean APC. Something I hope they keep in this game.

The one thing I don't like so far from what I've seen, is the Scorpion Tank. Its design, is weird to say the least, but thats not why I don't like it.
Banshee, what is this you're saying that its an upgrade to the Tick Tank? Because that is what I want, I loved that unit, and I know a lot of people share my opinions on it. The Tick-Tank was one of the first "new-technology" units which was revealled for Tiberian Sun, and as such, its the one I remember most.

If the Scorpion is an enhanced Tick-Tank, then I'll be more open to it. But if it replaces it, without the tick-tankness, then I'll be miffed.

Although I've said I like what I've seen (mostly), that doesn't mean I like what I haven't seen.. I know we haven't seen all of Nod.. but there is a lot.. and some big and important things, which we haven't seen from TS yet.
I think the most noticed example of this, is Nod's subterrenean technology.
This was a huge factor for Nod in Tiberian Sun, it was a huge gameplay factor, as well as important for the storyline, in that Nod had a huge underground network, its where most of its structuring was located.

In my mind still, the opinion is generally, TW is a sequel to TD, not TS.
I need, want and wish for a sequel to Tiberian Sun. And although TW is shaping up nicely, and I can see a lot of thought and work put into it, I still cannot tell whether I'll get my wish.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know exactly how scorpion tank works, but I believe (or heard rumours of) that it would be able to deploy like Tick Tank.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love it if you're right.. but I keep looking at it, and can't see anyway of how it could.. other than the front is a giant shell/shield #Tongue

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Agrees with Muldrake*
And i hope they make it so that the temple functions as the missile silo again. But make it incredibly hard to kill - as it serves 2 functions.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!