Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The hunter seeker droid in version 1.0 of Tib Sun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject:  The hunter seeker droid in version 1.0 of Tib Sun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is mainly just interesting information
Ok as alot of us know in TS version 1.0 (i think that was the first release version) could have been 1.01 or something
anyway there where some veryy interesting features that where either changed or removed in later versions (like the 100% working airtransport for one)

Well there was another and it was to do with the hunter seeker droid. In the release version before the very first TibSun patch Hunter seekers where actually pretty useless, they would go for litterally anything civilian buildings, light posts anything this was then "FIXED" in the first patch

Well in fact this was no bug and was done deliberatly, the hunter seeker droid was designed to work in harmony with the threat rating node, if you had hunter seeker droid uplink then hunter seekers would go for anything BUT if you had the threat rating node with it the hunter seeker droid would ONLY go for enemy units (like what it is now). But due to the fact the the Threat rating node (along with a million other features) was dropped from Tib Sun and at the last minuet they didnt change the HS logic to comply.

I doubt it could ever be put back to what it was in v1.0 which is a shame since the threat rating node has since been fixed (partially at least)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the first released version is 1.08. I've never heard of this feature, but I'm gonna be sincere: I prefer the way it is when patched. Wasting your cash just to make it smarter really sucks...

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea. i thought threat ration node just affected which guys your guys ataccked or something before.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree banshee but in mods wich have enabled the Threat Rating node it would be kinda cool to enable this feature again

and the threat rating node as well as specifying what your guys attack depending on how much threat they pose (e.g they attack Mammoth MK2 over a light battle infantry) it also improves the way ur units behave, they get auto scatter etc

Way back though the threat rating node was going to have the same feature as the pyscic beacon in RA2... that is one feature i would love to get in TibSun so i could give it to the threat rating node (along with lots of other features)

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh almost forgot to mention as where on the subject

well like i said the threat rating node was going to have equivilent feature as pysicic beacon in RA2, welll..... and im sure most of u wont know this
it was going to predict where missiles targetted too, now have any of your heard the EVA voice in the mix files that says something like "warning, in-bound tactical nuclear missile launch detected" ok well u think to your self "oh they where going to put nukes in but along with a million other things took it out at the last min or didnt put it in at all" well u would be right but the TACTICAL bit means alot
Basically what tactical meant is that its feature was to fool the threat rating node and (if i remember right) rather than the 1 target for a missile appearing 3 would appear and only one of them would be the correct one

Now how cool is that

sure u all heard the "airstrike ready" EVA which is pretty self explanitory

-SMIFFGIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon