Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
'Why Zero Hour Sucks' movie!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:  'Why Zero Hour Sucks' movie!
Subject description: Recommended for those who think that Generals isn't C&C game..
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alexander "Killerratte" Schützner and Daniel "Maniac_Extreme" Mahr, the authors from Command & Conquer: Tiberium Catastrophe, have posted their second C&C related movie on New Grounds called 'Why Zero Hour Sucks'.

The movie features their personal opinion about Zero Hour and what makes it suck, covering a EA/Westwood/EALA story from their point of view where the EA rushed their games, the lack of a real and descent story (yea, I must agree on this one, it definitelly sucked), the over powered minigunner from the infantry general, the never fixed scud bug, the hacker and etc...

Likewise Tiberium Catastrophe, 'Why Zero Hour Sucks' assures you some great laughs, even if you don't agree at everything that it says. Check it out HERE. Have fun!

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:56 am; edited 4 times in total

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome...

EA is a bunch of fucktards

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw that yesterday, very funny...

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

roflicuos

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SomeGuy[YR:SF] wrote:
Awesome...

EA is a bunch of fucktards.

No, I don't think they are a bunch of fucktards. Let's say they were a bunch of fucktards back in 2002, 2003... but they've been changing and improving the way they deal with their clients/game community. They are approaching the fans and the quality of some of their games are improving. I have to admit I don't like Fifa 2006 and most of their sport games doesn't seem to envolve at all, but the RTS is getting better. There is a great difference between Battle For Middle Earth I and II, in my opinion. And C&C 3 is looking promising so far.

Raptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any has direct link, i hate live stream... ?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C3 has no tiberium pods, therefor it will suck and EALA should be ahnilated by a carbomb or something of the likes untill the staff gets the point. And we're not giving APOC back either. Nah.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was hilarious!

What fans they're listening? Generals fans?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not only them.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
C&C3 has no tiberium pods, therefor it will suck and EALA should be ahnilated by a carbomb or something of the likes untill the staff gets the point. And we're not giving APOC back either. Nah.

There giving us back everything else, ok how about a generals game with GDI/NOD logos slapped on the side. The games would of still sold pretty big to the Generals fans.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Killerate is a real pr0 in making these, even though he has completed just two. It was so funny, and I have to agree with some of the things. However, I was never avare of that "Scud Bug"...

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Colonel McGregor wrote:
ok how about a generals game with GDI/NOD logos slapped on the side. The games would of still sold pretty big to the Generals fans.

No they wouldn't. The reason the Generals fans like Generals is because it is based on recent occurances. USA + China + GLA = Generic real world RTS for the masses. If they made generals out to be C&C3, it wouldn't have sold to the Generals fans because it would've taken place in a fictional universe. Generals fans want "real" games. The point of gaming is to escape reality, so I don't see what's good about Generals at all...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Scrin Commander
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with most of the things like Generals really sucks since it is not a true after all u know, good work! This is actual proof showing y Generals isn't a C&C game u know and EA is Evil Arts 2 us vets for their treachery of non-C&C generals! Mad

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals sucked, because it didn't fit in the C&C universe.

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whe got tre way. Even WW will make that game if not EA make it or buy up WW.

btw tre way.

Tiberium sun
Red Alert
and
Generals

Scrin Commander
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Dragon wrote:
Generals sucked, because it didn't fit in the C&C universe.

Exactly!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

EA = Evil Arts!!

Maniac_Extreme
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always read Killerratte here, Killerratte there ! >Sad
Goddamnit he didn´t do the movie completely alone, it´s a teamproject. DONT FORGET ABOUT ME

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, mate. You're name was added now.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good but the maker didn't realy have many reasons to why generals sucks, probably would of taken very long time to animate all the reasons. Liked the 'What is the cause?' part most Very Happy

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was still pretty roflarious. BUT, I have to agree that EA COULD have supported a bit more C&C Generals, even if Mark Skaggs and Harvard Bonin left. However, I have to disagree, because C&C3 is based exactly on what WW planned and concepted/sketched/designed/whatever the FVCK WAY BACK in 2000. So bitches, stop whining, C&C3 is still what it could've and should've been, only with better graphics and a more deep plot. There was still green zones, futuristic cars, insect-shaped Nod soldier helmets, Podless Tiberium, The Scrin, the same GDI and Nod buildings and units concepts in Westwood's 2001's TT (at the time barely renamed C&C3: Incursion). And remember, EA did announced C&C3 in the summer of 2004 indirectly. (in July 2004) Remember the Scrin base with the Primal?

So those who are whining for this shit, you fakers better go check CNC-source.com's gallery and check C&C Continuum and C&C3 sections in the gallery, 'cause that's stuff from way back in 2000 (IN-GAME C&C3:TW NOD INFANTRY DESIGNS LABELED C&C GENERALS, MADE IN 2000, you fags!). So all you stupid noobs who are whining for this shit, lemme give you three answers;

1. You've proven you're not a real C&C fan, you don't know what Westwood planned for C&C3 and that EA continued it correctly. (KEEP IN MIND LOUIS CASTLE AND JOE KUCAN WERE FROM WW!)
2. I bet that if EA was doing this with Frank Klepacki and Petroglyph (and if also maybe they wouldn't have made Generals), you bastards wouldn't be whining as much, even if it was the same thing as it is now.
3. IT IS JUST A PC GAME! GET OVER IT AND STOP CRYING FOR LITTLE
"NOTHINGS"! <_<
And maybe 4. C&C3 is looking like the best C&C game, better than even TS so far. How's that? WELL, EAT MY WORDS!

And besides, if you hate C&C3, then don't buy it! It's simple! Ignore it! Here's an example (not real): I don't like the new Warhammer expansion! Oh well, I won't buy it. I don't have to, i'm not obliged IF I DON'T LIKE IT. I'll just stick with what I like personally.
Is that so hard? Did anyone ever oblige you to buy C&C3? NO. SO SHADDUP THEN! IF you were obliged to buy it and play and didn't like it, maybe whining WOULD have been O.K. But now, it isn't, 'cause no one forced no one to buy, play or follow C&C3. It's as simple as that, people! Also, you can't force a company to remake the game entirely or make it HOW YOU WANT IT and make them change everything or even force them to make a new game because YOU JUST WANT IT for YOURSELF. At least say thanks they're even making it! And also say thanks they're listening to "faker fan" requests! hmph.

Oh, and EA IS NOT a bunch of fucktards. We're talking about the best and biggest game company in THE ENTIRE WORLD here. No, they're NOT fucktards, and pretty far from it. And then you guys wonder why the heck I'm not with the EA forums' Noobs and with the Gamereplays guys...geez...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still want Hitler in CC3.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
I still want Hitler in CC3.

<.< I wasn't talking to you...
And just get Company of heroes! It's a WW2 RTS. It's great, and has Nazis and Hitler in it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06, I'd respect your post if it wasn't infested of unneeded flames.

By the way, Westwood Pacific was created back in 1999 (or before, I'm not sure). Red Alert 2 wasn't made only in one year, and Generals was developped for a very long time in Westwood Pacific/EA Pacific. In the end, these games were rushed by EA. The consolidation of Westwood, EA Pacific and another EA studio happened few days before the release of Generals. The scud bug exists and it's extremely annoying. The infantry general Minigunner is very strong against airplanes, although the author of the movie exagerates on all criticism against everything, of course. He was going to cover the Aurora Alpha, which is clearly overpowered, but the movie size would be too big, so he had to cut scenes and rush the release of this movie as well.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing lol i must say that was a worthwhile video to load and watch on my dial up

i hate generals for these reasons:
-the SAGE engine is good but at the same time i dont like it Confused
-all fighting no plot
-doesnt fit anywhere into the CNC storylines
-has many bugs so i have heard and seen
-got 1 or 2 of my friends to see CnC as that crap and not the true greatness of TS/FS or TD.......so now they are like "That game is so old and has crappy graphics" whenever i mention TS. although the friend(s) that played Generals are the type of people that play one game for say maaybe 3 months then finds another to play

so yeah

anyways great job to the guys who made that movie Razz i liked it

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just think EA is F***ing gay and made Westwood not as good. If EA didnt come along CNC games would be way more popular and better. CNC 3 would be the bomb, but now its just going to be like the other with better Gfx.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!