Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cold War Update Log-
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:  Cold War Update Log-
Subject description: October 6 thru Today
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added rudimentary RPG-2, M-20 Bazooka soldiers, added 50's Rifleman for both sides, researched lots of cameos, and made many.

Note to self- Finding cameos for infantry is easier when you put a weapon down.

RPG-2 is the first Soviet AT rocket, which can be said to be the offspring of the Panzerfaust, or RPG-1. It could penetrate the armor of any standard American vehicle of World War II, and posed a threat to American armor in Vietnam even. It entered Soviet service in the early 1950s, but was eventually replaced with the superior RPG-7. A skilled soldier could get out 6 shots in a minute.

The M-20 "Super Bazooka" is a 3.5inch anti-tank weapon made by the Americans after WWII. When the M1 Bazooka, with its much smaller and weaker rocket proved absolutely useless against the armor of T-34s in Korea, the M-20 was brought in service, and this weapon proved to be a effective killer of NK tanks. The weapon is slow to fire, but does quite a bit of damage to all targets. The M-20 was retired in favor of lighter anti-tank weapons, like the LAW series. Like the RPG-2, it is short ranged, and the troopers who carry it are at a disadvantage when facing infantry.

The Soviet AK-47. I will not explain it. No. It is too obvious.

I am still researching the American infantry weapons of Korea and the 1950s, and how to keep it in balance with the AK.

At the bottom of this topic, is the latest cameo collection. I will be displaying the newest units here too, so keep an eye out.

The Rifle to Rocket is an interesting picture. I found an image of Russian infantry, and cameo sized it. I modified it, first removing a soldier from the image, then I decided to just modify it. Now you have a soldier with an RPG-2 amongst the ruins of a building.

CWCameoCollection.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.8 KB
 Viewed:  7483 Time(s)

CWCameoCollection.PNG

RifleToRocket.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.04 KB
 Viewed:  7483 Time(s)

RifleToRocket.PNG

Last edited by EVA-251 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me want beta-test #Tongue

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good. Are you making these pictures from scratch or basing them off of actual photographs or videos?

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M16 Rifleman, LAW 80, LAW 66, M-60 MG'er, TOW Missile, AT-3 are photographs.

The rest are art.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon