Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
new 3ds2vxl with 2 small bugs fixed.
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject:  new 3ds2vxl with 2 small bugs fixed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had forgotten to remove screenshot writing for the viewer which is useless to everyone because it puts them in the wrong place because it's using the folder names only on my computer. Also I got rid of a very annoying bug which would put voxel dots at one extremity of the VXL when they should be appearing at the opposite extremity.

i wanted to add some more things but unfortunately the establishment has to make things so bloody overcomplicated that i couldn't do them. i wanted to be able to read the center position of joysticks so i can finally have my joysticks plugged into my computer when i'm running my viewer. i also wanted to be able to have some front end options be greyed out depending on other settings.

btw i'm thinking of changing to another format besides 3ds because i just cannot solve some of the problems and it's getting annoying for people who want to do lots of animations.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i just updated my program again. i didn't see the point in making another thread although now i fear people may overlook this post now.

i believe i fixed my joystick problem. now you don't have to unplug your joystick to use the viewer.

i put some messageboxes to display the warnings. i took them out before because they were opening behind the front end but that was when the front end was external and done by someone else so i'm hoping they're working now.

i also partially fixed the mesh misplacement error but i'm convinced more than ever that we have to move to another format. IcySon55 and I have seen for ourselves that even 3dsmax itself screws up sometimes when trying to play 3ds animations. my program screws up differently from 3dsmax but still, if the best i can hope for is that i get my program to screw up exactly the same as 3dsmax then that is unacceptable. i've been thinking maybe we can somehow use Doom3 animation files to store the animations. this would mean we might have to use 2 files at the same time to get the whole model working correctly. it's going to be really bizarre. i've already got much of Doom3 models working correctly. i just hope the Doom3 exporters will know how to automatically handle models where the meshes never morph.

btw in future i really hope i can get self updating working so you won't have to check these posts. if it wouldn't download and install the new version then at least it should be able to detect and notify you if there is a new version available. the coding just to get it to read a file stored over the internet seems so goddamn complicated though.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should've got it put into the UPHPS Updater.
I'm sure Stu would still add it if you want an auto updater. Wink

Bah, I could never get 3ds2vxl to use textures... Sad

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
Bah, I could never get 3ds2vxl to use textures... Sad

Try these steps, and tell us if they work.

1. Create anything in max.
2. Texture it using only "Standard" materials and .bmp and/or .tga texture files.
3. Export to 3ds in THE SAME LOCATION OF THE TEXTURES
4. Convert using 3ds2vxl
5. Tell use how it went.

I'm sure this will fix whatever problem you were having.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i assure you textures do work although there are restrictions, but not as many as before.

yah UPHPS is not really ready yet; it's not automated enough. besides i want to be making games so i have to know how to do this stuff myself and not be dependant on other people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum