Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
[FS] Desolated River (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:  [FS] Desolated River (2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so it took a little longer than suspect partially because iv been busy but its finally done just as i promised a while ago. here is my mutation version of my Holixe river map. Smile

General Info:
Name: Desolated River (name thanks to Tyler Adams)
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 76X94
Players: 2
Theatre: Temperate
Info: A 2 player map. This map is a mutated version of my map Holixe River. There is plenty of tiberium to harvest if not a surplus and a good amount of space to build up a base. This is my 17th map. i hope you enjoy it Wink

Story: During early ages of the 2nd tiberium war GDI and Nod fought over this area as it held key stragetic points and would prove very beneficial to the side that controlled it. However, in the end it looked like GDI was going to take control of the area but Nod decided if they couldnt have it neither of them would and so they used the area for their Chemical missle testing. Thus destroying the land and eventually GDI abandoned the area. Now many years later after the area has evolved into a tiberium jungle and has healed from the war scars, GDI and Nod are both looking at the area again but for different reasons. This tiberium enriched land would give the other side a large advantage in resources to the conquerer.

Now for the pics: (sorry if they seem blurry. they seem blurry to me at least and they are PNGs so yeah)

sorry no descriptions i think they say enough as they are though #Tongue
and finally the map itself

EDIT: added the minimap that i promised id add since i forgot it.

Desolated River.zip
 Description:
the map

Download
 Filename:  Desolated River.zip
 Filesize:  141.11 KB
 Downloaded:  1754 Time(s)

Last edited by Ixith on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see you used my name..

Very Happy

excellant map.

"Banned" RP here

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe if you did it as an attachment it wouldn't be blurry also check your irfan view settings.

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is great with the light effects (again) Wink

Played It.Won It.Loved It!. Very Happy

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
I see you used my name..

and iv edited that fact in both primary posts here and at tibweb Smile

thanks guys!

i would love to see a lot of comments Very Happy

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now THAT is what i call red zone
fabulous intensive athmosphere what the screens show, i will play it myself.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now to here....

thanks blubb im glad you like it Smile i really tried to make it as mutated as possible but unfortunately i couldnt find a really suitable place for a VHM let alone 2 VHMs to make the game balanced so i didnt add them at all. i wish i coulda cause i love the VHMs in mutation maps.

BTW ill get a minimap up later as i dont have the time to right now.......i just realised i forgot to add it Embarassed

anymore comments guys?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really loved it.

One thing I notice is that gas doesn't visceriod infantry, and some fauna would be a nice touch.

but still its a great map none the less. Smile

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A brilliant map, as blubb said, this one brilliant Red Zone Wink.

And I'm glad with what you did with the VHMs, rather than placing them for the heck of it, even though it wouldn't perhaps be balanced, you decided not to. Which is great, it shows you've considered the aspects of gameplay in your map very well.

This is a very enjoyable map, and well worth a spotlighting!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahmen, Spotlight this.

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good effects, a liitle dark

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks a lot guys. i appreciate the comments Smile

now to answer some things

Sigil wrote:

I really loved it.
One thing I notice is that gas doesn't visceriod infantry, and some fauna would be a nice touch.
but still its a great map none the less. Smile

ermm gas....what gas? as far as i know there shouldnt be any type of gas. do you mean the tiberium isnt changing them into visceriods? if so thats because i simply usually forget to change that little tag under EDIT -> BASIC thing. and i thought about adding some mutated animals and stuff but then i thought about it some and figured....theres really not that much space so if i added them in the open areas that would cause the AI to get hung up on them some. so i figured it wouldnt be a good idea.

thanks for the comment/concern i can assure you my next one will use them.
and yes i try to remember to always think about gameplay making my maps. Smile (key word there is try Laughing )

and that would be cool if this could get spotlighted. but if it doesnt that doesnt bother me much.

more comments anyone?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, well these are minor things that dont take away from a great map that it already is. Smile

Thats what i meant, sorry for the verbage. I know its just switching the little flag on... . ah well then faunaless its a good call then. I love mutated:"red zone" maps. keep 'em coming! Wink

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont worry my next one is....will be featuring tiberium lifeforms and i will make sure i dont forget to switch that tag in finalsun for infantry to become visceroids.

anyways are there any more comments for this map?
or is it time for it to sink into oblivion lol

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map has been spotlighted! Congrats, Ixith!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon