Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
Worms Armageddon, interested?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:  Worms Armageddon, interested? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me and a few other people have been playing an old, yet classic game. Worms Armageddon, however we are looking for any other people interested in joining in on a few games, team matches and various other things, if you have played worms before, its great fun, and if not, its easy to pickup and get used to fairly quickly.

Currently playing we have:

Morpher
DCoder
Muldrake
Judeau
TitanmkII
Elerium
Mr. Pokey
Anyone who is interested is of course welcome to share in the fun. If we get enough people interested then any large future organised games will be posted in advance here, this is also a place for us to upload our recorded matches ( they are 10-50kb average and require Worms Armageddon to watch ).

Last edited by Morpher on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you please tell us a bit more about the game?

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: Im out... lol im getting insane lag on the menus so i had to uninstall... bah

Last edited by D on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the game itself... but I think internet F***** up - But I'll try again!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have one copy of the game, but I have borrowed it to one of my schoolmates. He will return it as soon as he gets his new computer.

I wish we could also play Worms World Party Rolling Eyes

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone tried replacing W:Armagedons sound files?

Edit:???
I instaled the game... putted my name pressed worm net. Joined the English server... and then nothing but:
Worm net symbol at the top of screen.
The view box.
??? how I make my own server?
BTW - my version uses russian - so I can't read anything(All is quiestion marks instead!)

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw when we have games we usually play via direct IP and not wormnet Wink thats why I'm posting, so interested people can join via IP games.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ip? allrght!
I'm for it!
Just give me a screenshot of the join by IP options screen - as I said - my game is in russian - and my comp can't read it - so if you can give me a screenshot of it - sign mw up!

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm playing #Tongue

And ORCA, have you never played ANY worms games?
Sacrilege!!

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok... damn game fu**** up!
I can normaly see the menus - but when I start the battle - screen turns black and nothing happens!
It also uses 98% of my computer CPU!
Count me out!

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Ok... damn game fu**** up!
I can normaly see the menus - but when I start the battle - screen turns black and nothing happens!
It also uses 98% of my computer CPU!
Count me out!

you need to get the normal 3.0 patch first, then the 3.6.25 beta patch

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Patch? where?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It takes 2 seconds to type in " Worms Armageddon Patch " on google and click the first result....

HERE

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Pokey wrote:
I'm playing #Tongue

And ORCA, have you never played ANY worms games?
Sacrilege!!

I've heard of them just never played them or heard much about them at all.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um... What the?

noes.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.77 KB
 Viewed:  3618 Time(s)

noes.PNG

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not Worms World Party?
I don't have Armageddon Sad

Nice idea to revive this game, though!

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because WWP is just WA + Wormpot. #Tongue

Seriously, because WA has a community of followers, plus there are updates begin released for it (much like your work: a guy nicknamed Deadcode disassembled their code and made some patches to fix old network bugs, then T17 gave him the source code and permitted him to edit it as he sees fit). He has added lots of cool stuff, like Direct TCP/IP play, game recording/playback RA2's session.ipb style, proper minimisation, etc. WWP doesn't have any of these.

Gufu, exactly what did you do? You're supposed to install WA cleanly, then install the 3.0 patch, then the beta 3.6.26.5 update.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wormpot is cool though. Plus WWP has all the schemes available by default, which is good if you just want to play multiplayer.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds like good additions to WA... hm, I bought Worms2 (I like Worms2 pretty much because of the Win32 game menu... no fancy DirectX stuff that lags like hell, at least in WWP), WA and WWP in one package, for some reason, WWP is the only one left.

hm.. but it should be just a few euros these days.
I'm really interested in that hack... thanks for the information.

Oh BTW, that scheme thing is one of the main reasons I prefered WWP over WA. but there's still cheating/hacking

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i need to buy it first. if anyone has a hacked ver. tell me...

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some cool DVD intro wrote:
Nur Original ist legal!

lol... the game is maximally $5 nowadays.
And the box looks very cool, too, so it's worth purchasing, really #Tongue

I actually found my WA CD!
So maybe I'll be on some time.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder wrote:
Because WWP is just WA + Wormpot. #Tongue

Seriously, because WA has a community of followers, plus there are updates begin released for it (much like your work: a guy nicknamed Deadcode disassembled their code and made some patches to fix old network bugs, then T17 gave him the source code and permitted him to edit it as he sees fit). He has added lots of cool stuff, like Direct TCP/IP play, game recording/playback RA2's session.ipb style, proper minimisation, etc. WWP doesn't have any of these.

Gufu, exactly what did you do? You're supposed to install WA cleanly, then install the 3.0 patch, then the beta 3.6.26.5 update.

I do believe he divided by Zero...

I'll see if I can get my hands on the game sometime. ;p

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm... I guess I installed beta before clear 3.00.00...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double post:
It asks me for CD now Sad

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That happens if you try to install the patch over the pathc :S. Just uninstall all and try everything over, hopefully it should work then, also I only used the BETA patch and everything worked fine?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I use Beta only:See the screen above...
Maybe i should JUST isntall 3.00?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher, your install already contained the 3.0 patch. Certain releases do not, therefore those people need to install the 3.0 patch manually.

Just for the record:

Installation:
1. Install Worms Armageddon (duh).
2. Go to the support page (here) and read the instructions in the "Do I need to patch?" section, then get and install the 3.0 patch if necessary.
3. Get the beta update (here) and unpack it in the game's directory. (If you do not, you won't be able to play over Direct IP, only over WormNet, and you won't have several other great features available to you.)
4. Read the update's readme (WA_Readme_3.6.26.5_Beta.rtf), at least skim it, there are nice features that you might otherwise miss (Shift-Del now locks the team health bar on the screen, for instance, and the utility row now has a shortcut like all other rows do (tilde `)).

The beta update includes several optional fixes, among them, a fix for D's "slow frontend problem" (double-click SlowFrontendWorkaround_On.reg).

To play online, you will need to forward TCP ports 6667 and 17010-17012 to your PC if you have a router, and open those same ports in your firewall if you have one (if you don't, you probably have bigger problems). If you have a router, you will most likely also need to go to WormNet configuration screen in the game, and "Force IP" to your external IP.

If you are still having problems, try looking around T17's support forums (here), maybe there's a solution there.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing to do with Worms Armageddon..awesome game BTW. I would play but I don't have the game anymore Sad

But for those of you who like Worms I highly suggest you try Scorched 3D its such a fun game..and free!

Plus it is Modable in many ways including source code.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um... really... I got both beta and 3.0 normalyy installed the crap is - it's asks me for CD... and the CD - is install only CD(AKA install and play) Now it just asks for CD... but for playing CD - not install CD...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it asks you for a CD, you either have a cracked copy or the castrated TryMedia version that is (a known issue) incompatible with the patches. The page I linked to explicitly tells you that...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There has been lots of opinions about WWP, some prase it, some say it's just a stupid clone of WA. I find it interesting, and funnier than Armaggedon, mostly because of the less challenging missions (Armaggedon has some almost impossible missions, like the one where you need to fly the super sheep trough the canyon, or the one where you need to walk across the giant letters (not TEAM17, it was the another, which I can't remember). And I love Wormpot #Tongue

Besides, there is castle war mode, which wasn't included in WA.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any way to play with illegal ''cracked" copy?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I presume the answer would, obviously, be NO..

"Banned" RP here

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:\ I guess I'm out... unless someone finds a copy...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A note to anyone who's interested. After quite a long wait, Deadcode and CyberShadow have released a new patch, 3.6.28.0. You can find it here.
Announcement thread (may require registration).
There's a ton of bugfixes and new features listed, but the highlights are, in my opinion, the following:
  • It is now possible to play on PNG maps having dimensions other than 1920×696. A cavern map may now be up to 32504 pixels wide or 32600 pixels tall; an island is limited to being 28408 wide or 30552 tall. The minimum map size is 640×32. A map's width and height must be divisible by 8.
  • It is now possible to play with up to 48 Worms if all players are using v3.6.28.0 or later. Because of limitations in the network protocol of older W:A versions, if the total exceeds 18 Worms, clients using older versions will be shown only 1 Worm in each team and the game will not be allowed to start. Note that most randomly generated 1920×696 maps will not accomodate 48 worms without forcing manual placement, unless the host modifies the map to have lots of Placement Holes (see below; this can now be done by clicking the circled-girder icon in the Map Editor).
  • It is now possible to customise the inital number of in-game hazard objects (Mines and Oil Drums). The setting can be adjusted in the Scheme Options editor by Shift+clicking the Mine/Oil Drum button. The maximum number is 250, however this is limited by the rule which forbids two objects from being initially placed too close to each other.

Yeah, 32Kx32K pixels / 48 worms / 250 mines and barrels.

DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mind joining but i'm not that good...
I will need to reinstall game first though.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping this because we're back in Worms season I think.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, well if I can find my dusty cd from where ever it's hiding, I'd love to join in!

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im interested.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn it, where can a legal copy of Worms:Armagedon be found this decade?

CnCStalker
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your legal game store.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnCStalker wrote:
Your non-existant game store.

Fixed.

CnCStalker
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
CnCStalker wrote:
Your non-existant game store.

Fixed.

Oh..... well where can we buy that game?!

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EB Games, go to your local EB Games store and ask them, they'll either have it, or order it from their storehouse for you.

CnCStalker
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does ebay take deliveries?

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah.. I have this game. Very Happy Used to be really good at it. Long time ago though.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, This game was garbage compared to Worms II. Wink

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I agree the lack of a backflip and fewer weapons truly made the game better than this, the god of all worms games #Tongue

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did love how in Worms 2 you had homing cluster bombs, and you could set the blast radius of a mini gun, to completely devastate the entire map.. oh memories..

I have to say I find WA more enjoyable to play though.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is Armageddon still getting official support? I don't have it, but I do have World Party.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum