Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to make units Teleport and a balanced Chrono tank
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject:  How to make units Teleport and a balanced Chrono tank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok to make units teleport simply add a "K" to the begining of there Loco e.g.

Locomotor={4A582742-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}

becomes

Locomotor={K4A582742-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}

Dont use in conjunction with Hunter Seeker logic it dont work Smile

Ok now onto a chrono tank, well yes you could make a chrono tank simply by giving it that Loco but it will be tottaly stupid and unbalanced, u could explore the map in seconds for instance and attack enemys with no fear of retaliation  ........ anyway

You can 1 (and i cant be bothered to explain how to do these cause there simple)

1.Make make a chrono tank that has normal Loco and can fire at targets, but to make it teleport u deploy it (need a .SHP image for it) then un-deploy it and it can now teleport but not fire, to fire u have to deploy it again which will be diff building wit hthe same image but it will undeploy into the normal Loco version which can fire.... make sure u make the teleporting version unable to move into shroud

2. Use the Mobile EMP  logic. As charged EMP and un-charged EMP are actually different units. So make uncharged Mobile EMP have the teleporting loco but not be able to fire, make the charged version have normal Loco and be able to fire. The charge time would moderatly long so u couldnt chrono wait a few secs, fire loads the chrono out again. Make SURE the teleporting Mobile EMP cannot move into shroud or it will be too unbalanced

anyway thats it

-SMIFFGIG

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberianSun #Firestorm #Rules.INI 

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The locomotor object of the classof the moving units (that I forgot the name of the damn class) works with the switch code.

Something like this:

switch(locomotor)
{
case 4A582742-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1:
do_blah();
break;

case ={4A582743-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
do bleh();
break;
(...and it goes until...)

default:
do_some_teletransport_thing();
}

The default code means that, if the locomotor isnt any of the values specified above, it will do the code that is after that.

So, if you put:

Locomotor={BansheeOwnzYo,BecauseHeIsTooGood}

or put:

Locomotor={}

it will do the same teletransport thin. The teletransport locomotor was once

And the trick one is very good or much better than using the teletransport locomotor there...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting i didnt know that

I just assumed an Locomotor={} would just crash the game although obviously never tested it

what about

Locomotor=
and simply nothing will it default to Teleport (which I now assume) or will it crash the game ?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe it goes as default as well... not sure... to know that, you need to analyse the loco.tlb that is posted in the TS: Advanced Tech Center forum. If the type of variable used as ID for locomotor accepts values without "{}", then you make sure it goes as default, else, it would crash the game pointing a C++ error, probably or a normal internal error.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i havent tried Locomotor=[] which i now know is teleport

but something in the back of my head makes me think Locomotor=

is a Internal Error

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to teleport a infantry type by forceing fire on the ground and then he teleports to where u forced fire?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, if you give his weapon a very small range... he will move (=teleport, in case he uses the default loco) in range in order to fire. However, this infantry can ONLY teleport, he can't move normally.

Blue Shadow
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as regards mking the unit too powerful so it could explore the entire map in seconds try using the 'moves to shroud' command as set to false like with aircraft.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good idea i didnt actually think of that

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon