Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Should PPM have a community map archive?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [58 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next

Do you like the map archive idea in PPM forums?
Yes, sure. It would be really cool!
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
No, it would clutter the forums even more :S
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
It would only be cool for Tiberian Sun and Warcraft 3.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
It would only be cool for Westwood games PPM supports.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
It would only be good for Warcraft 3.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Make it Tiberian Sun only.
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject:  Should PPM have a community map archive? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should we have new forums to people post their maps?

It would be something like the tutorials do in the site. You post a message in the respective map forum of your desired game with your map attached to it. Whenever a new post appears, the left the menu of the site that has the maps will be automatically updated. This would require 3 new map forums (one for TS, other for RA2 and another for Warcraft 3). Would it be cool?

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea but you dont need a seperate forum for it. They can post it in TS / ra2 forums

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, Tapek... all the topics of the forum are filtered by the script of the site. If we make it in the TS barracks forum, for example, if anyone ask about XCC problems, it would appear under the Maps menu in the site... The script filters all messages of the forum, so it needs an exclusive forum...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea but ts and wc3 only

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case I vote NO!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tapek, how stupid is it to vote NO..... what is really wrong with this idea???? If we can have things like a chess competition or a word game in the crap forum, why not have a map forum where everyone can post their maps... at least this has something TO DO with TS editing, which is what this site was created for!!

so I vote YES!

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site was created as a tool for us (PPM) to use to communicate and create our mod for Tiberian Sun. It's only recently become a public place of editing knowledge. In otherwords the website was not created for the reasons you describe above yet that is it's purpose today.
And I am not against the idea of a map submittal thing. I just do not believe it needs its own forum.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you wish I could use a download script for that, Tapek, isn't it?

I'm against that tool. It doesn't allow us to comment the map, only rate... but rate doesn't means much. But that's not the main problem. The problem is that I'd like to do with the maps, the same that I do with the tutorials. In the left menu of the site, it would have a maps section that would track all the non-sticky and non-announcements posts from the maps forum and would constantly upgrade the contents whenever someone posts a new map. It would be much better as the maps would be more "spotlighted" and if they are bad, you would see replies complaining of it, of what is wrong with it and what should be done to make it better as well as it would allow to the owner or to any people to post a new improved version of it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download Script? What the hell are you talking about banshee? You know damn well what I mean but your too stubborn to believe it. I'm bringing this matter up in the Classified forums as I don't wish to discuss it here.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, man... I dont think you get it... the download script would allow map archives without needing new forums. If you wanna an example of a download script, go to Tiberium Studios and go to the downloads sections...

I know you dont want new forums, because, in your opinion, we are already full of them.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw banshee the link doesnt have a "www." in it

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Links don't need www. It's just an identifier. Except in some cases, like in the case of URL redirects, you really don't need it. (It's like http://)

I concur with Tapek of Standing Water. We don't need a seperate forum. From what I understand, you want to connect the forum to the portal, right? Well, why not just use a download script? I'm sure we can find an effective one, and if none have the features we want, we can edit one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh

(Yes, I neglected to mention that it fucks up subdomains. In fact, I think it might BE a subdomain itself. Anyone know?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and btw i dont think u should use dl script, it screws everything up and doesnt keep integrity with the rest of the site

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i say yes but why dont u just have one forum for maps then do sub forums for the 3 main ones....(so people can post like ut2k3 maps in the main one as well as starcraft or whatever every1 else plays, then the 3 main ones as sub forums

dougfunie
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sapp726 wrote:
why dont u just have one forum for maps then do sub forums for the 3 main ones....

phpBB doesnt allow subforums like vBulletin does sapp. You can create a category and forums in that category. Thats it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, thats lame Neutral

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

course, banshee can always hack it Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
phpBB doesnt allow subforums like vBulletin does sapp. You can create a category and forums in that category. Thats it.

- I've seen a hack for that. I dont use it here, because forums inside other forums get less atention than direct forums... but maybe I could do it with the maps, if Tapek and Kane aprove.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would heartily approve if it means we can make some of the forums subforums. It'd go a long way towards reducing clutter.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dougfunie wrote:

Sleipnir managed it, against my advice. He still hasn't got all of the bugs worked out though. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so my idea is good?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First time for everything, right?

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep Smile

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish I'd find this post earlier, I vote yes, but only for TS. For RA2 it's pointless, they're all already over at RADEN...

In fact, RVMECH will let you have all of his maps for TS, he let us have em over at TumSun... And I have a bunch of GREAT maps for TS that I've made that I'll let you have. I endeavor to make my maps as good as the Westwood ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
I wish I'd find this post earlier, I vote yes, but only for TS. For RA2 it's pointless, they're all already over at RADEN...

hey, he is right guys Smile

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm....good point

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so Tiberian Sun and Warcraft 3 maps only... I just need some final words now with Tapek and Kane about it and it will become a reality. Thanks for the feedback guys, but if you have more suggestions, feel free to say now.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also heave some really great looking TS maps... definitely MUCH better looker than the Westwood ones (I HATE Grand Canyon) Wink Wink

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol
actually the westwood ones are funner IMO cuz most of the popular maps these days are cheap and pointsless.
westwood maps well... just contain to unpredictableness of ws maps..

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I go for when I make maps.

It's like I say, there's a difference between map makers and map artists.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o yup
lol i know there are good maps but no1 ever plays them

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an update to you guys about this map archive.... I'm gonna install the mod to make sub forums, so the tutorials and maps might go into subforums... but the process to install it will take long. There are loads of files to edit and 6 templates... so don't think it will be easy... but it's confirmed: we gonna have map archives for Tiberian Sun and Warcraft 3. If you wanna RA2/YR maps, check RADEN. The best site for that Smile.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile
thx

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Just an update to you guys about this map archive.... I'm gonna install the mod to make sub forums, so the tutorials and maps might go into subforums... but the process to install it will take long. There are loads of files to edit and 6 templates... so don't think it will be easy... but it's confirmed: we gonna have map archives for Tiberian Sun and Warcraft 3. If you wanna RA2/YR maps, check RADEN. The best site for that .

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.... there is no superiority here.... if you are pissed off, why don't you install it?

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's not pissed, it's a joke

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, and, good lord! The flood of images is painful to my brane!

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, can't you recognize a joke, banshee?

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go for it

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When are you going to install that mod? Or, rather, when are you going to finish installing it?

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what mod?

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The forum mod.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooooo lol i get it. ya so when are you?

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
but the process to install it will take long. There are loads of files to edit and 6 templates

Tapek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop spamming this thread or I must cleanse it with AntiEvil Soap and Holy Water!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do it... because I'm already doing it...

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so have yall decided yes or no about this?

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!