Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TIE-Interceptor (ra2/ts)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject:  TIE-Interceptor (ra2/ts)
Subject description: Starwars...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For you Starwars fans... A TIE interceptor converted 100% down to the texture from a 3DS model.

Vipr, Your 3ds2vxl works about 50% of the time :0

UPDATED : I forgot to add remap..so heres another version, Im sorry the normals aren't that great but oh well.

TIE-ingame.PNG
 Description:
ingame
 Filesize:  13.37 KB
 Viewed:  9454 Time(s)

TIE-ingame.PNG

tie_000.gif
 Description:
Preview
 Filesize:  319.8 KB
 Viewed:  9527 Time(s)

tie_000.gif

tie1.zip
 Description:
updated vxl

Download
 Filename:  tie1.zip
 Filesize:  26.43 KB
 Downloaded:  430 Time(s)

Last edited by Tony on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! nice voxel! Might a IGscreene? (InGame)

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you mean it works on about 50% of the free models available on the internet while the rest have the mesh misplacement problem, right?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, you are correct ViPr. Can you do something about it?

Cool voxel Tony. #Tongue

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Vipr im not saying your tool is bad..I like it for those tough shapes and hell i can usually fix some of the exploded models Smile

The thing I don't understand is why this happens: note the angle...

Anyways ill get an ingame of the TIE soon.

nebulon.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.56 KB
 Viewed:  9460 Time(s)

nebulon.PNG

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The glorious Nebulon B.. wonderful.. except the dive..

Love the Tie Interceptor, Tony. Beautiful work.

What is it with all the movie voxels suddenly? Although I'm not complaining Very Happy

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

His TIE seems to be on some form of space-looking terrain. Expect something big, I hope. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey tony I hope you've remembered to update your voxel builder.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yah i don't know why the angle is wrong. i can't really remember seeing that problem before. did you try messing around with the mesh misplacement fix setting in my program coz sometimes it makes things worse.

i've been trying to solve the damn mesh misplacement problem so many times. a few days ago i made progress on fixing the mirroring problem so that should help fix some models.

btw i notice links make things worse in my program. maybe you can try breaking all unnecessary links in the model editor.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these star wars stuff you're creating are fantastic! I was thinking of creating some star wars stuff myself (watched the two trilogies in HBO lately) Very Happy . But your work pwns... I hope you get the Nebulon right soon. Smile

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

•Tony• wrote:
No Vipr im not saying your tool is bad..I like it for those tough shapes and hell i can usually fix some of the exploded models Smile

The thing I don't understand is why this happens: note the angle...

Anyways ill get an ingame of the TIE soon.

I would have to strong disagree with you saying his program is bad! I say your bad for multiple resins.

PM me the model and i will take a look and see if i can find out whats going on with it. But i can say that its the model or modeler that causes problems.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exactly how am I bad for Multiple* reasons Mad ? Laughing

As for " the model or modeler causing the problem "..
yes I know that already..

Ill send you the nebulon-B as soon as i can.

IVI AFV-factory wrote:
these star wars stuff you're creating are fantastic! I was thinking of creating some star wars stuff myself (watched the two trilogies in HBO lately) Very Happy . But your work pwns... I hope you get the Nebulon right soon. Smile

So far ive converted the super star destroyer, star destroyer, blockade runner, some fighters and a Republic transport.

When I get these textured ill likely post em up..as im not making a Starwars mod.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you're texturing AFTER voxelizing? i certainly hope not.

http://scifi3d.theforce.net/

you got the models from there right? that site is mentioned in the readme of my program. yah about half those screwed up my program but maybe it's less now. btw you do know that if you convert the JPGs and GIFs, or whatever that come with these models, to TGAs they will work in my program right? btw another issue is the bump maps can end up too weak or too strong which will just look like noise. i put in some code to combat that but i didn't activate it.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didnt know that about converting them to TGA, Ill sure do that in the future Smile but yes..some models don't come with textures so i hand paint them.

Heres another site you should add to your readme if you havn't yet: http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/

But note these are intended for an..educational tool to view solar systems in 3d atmosphere..and a lot of them are giving errors when trying to convert.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait a minute, Celestia is using 3ds files? i should ask the programmers how they got 3ds files to work then.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well its just as i thought.

Vipr program always does exactly what it should.

Take a look at the model...

It made the vxl exactly like the model.

3dsneb.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.86 KB
 Viewed:  9335 Time(s)

3dsneb.JPG

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess i would have noticed it if i had 3ds max at that time Smile

But thanks.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahah thanks. i had a feeling that might be the case but actually my program does still have a mesh misplacement problem with some models.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!