Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cloning and Modding Units and Infantry
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
slayer6542006
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:  Cloning and Modding Units and Infantry Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, I'm a n00b, and an idiot for not knowing how to do this, okay? I said it for you guys, so please just help. I PMed Banshee and I probably just wasn't able to express what I meant well enough, but he wasn't able to help. I have downloaded FS, XCC, Voxel and Sprite editors, but for some friggin reason I can't figure out how the heck to clone and mod units on custom maps. So if anyone could just give me a hint as to how to get to the unit scripts on Notepad, I would appreciate it.

Last edited by slayer6542006 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have you already readed the tutorials ?

slayer6542006
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, and I can't find one that applies in my case. I semi-understand how you clone the units, etc., but I just can't find the files to clone and work with. I am able to do maps, I have already done two or three one of which took me three days to do (yea, I know it's not long, but for a noob it is) so I just wanna know how to access unit scripts.

EDIT: Okay, I just did more research. What I can figure out is that I need to access .ini files through Notepad, correct? If so how do I get to these files? I have tried to look for them through My Computer all the way to Westwood--->SUN---> ?????

RE-EDIT: Okay, once again through more ardous research, I found the Tutorial named after my quest. However, they mention a RULES file, which I can't find, and, yes, I ran a search on my C Drive. HELP ME! I'm desperate! Lol.

jadems
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me to the rescue!

The 'rules.ini' and 'art.ini' [which you'll need] are located in the 'tibsun.mix' and then in the 'local.mix' inside it.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok heres it down to the nitty gritty. Laughing

first youll need XCC mixer i believe. start by opening that up and then in there find the tibsun.mix then inside the tibsun.mix find the local.mix like said before then search in that for the Rules.ini file (and youll probably also want most of the other ini files if you start getting more into modding)

now once you have your rules.ini file extracted and in your sun directory then you open it up. inside you will see a lot of stuff like:

; rifle soldier
[E1]
Name=Light Infantry
Category=Soldier
Primary=Minigun
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
CrushSound=SQUISH6
Strength=125
Pip=green
Armor=none
TechLevel=1
Sight=5
Speed=5
Owner=GDI,Nod
Cost=120
Points=5
VoiceSelect=15-I000,15-I004,15-I012,15-I048
VoiceMove=15-I018,15-I024,15-I044
VoiceAttack=15-I044,15-I050,15-I044,15-I046
VoiceFeedback=15-I058,15-I064
VoiceDie=DEDMAN1,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN4,DEDMAN5,DEDMAN6
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=10 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
Elite=M1Carbine
EliteAbilities=SCATTER
ImmuneToVeins=yes

this is your basic light infantry BTW. thats all the coding for it. now to CLONE this unit to make a new unit but with the same image of it, for a map. you would open up your MAP in wordpad. then you would start by making your new infantry with similar coding to that. now for this one lets take my Guardian unit from my Monkey in the Middle map it shows something like this

[Guardian]
Image=E1
Pip=white
Cost=800
Name=Guardian
Armor=none
Owner=GDI,Nod
Sight=8
Speed=6
Points=10
Primary=75mm
Category=Soldier
Strength=400
VoiceDie=DEDMAN1,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN4,DEDMAN5,DEDMAN6
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
TechLevel=1
VoiceMove=12-I006,12-I008,12-I010
CrushSound=SQUISH6
ThreatPosed=25
VoiceAttack=12-I012,12-I014,12-I016
VoiceSelect=12-I000,12-I002,12-I004
MovementZone=Infantry
PhysicalSize=1
Prerequisite=CTVEGA,BARRACKS
ImmuneToVeins=yes
TiberiumProof=yes
VoiceFeedback=
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no

(btw i did change this to better fit what he wants)

now the part im not totally sure about but i think is still required is to add your new cloned unit to the unit list which would look like

[InfantryTypes]
25=Guardian

there i hoped that helped in more detail. if you still need help on anything then id be happy to help Smile

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dagreatkane
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr is this supposed to belong to the mapping discussion forum? i think it should go in the normal ts editing forum.

yes, modding units are easy stuff. Here's step by step how to do:

First, you need the rules.ini. Just download from somewhere. You might need the art.ini too and if you're modding firestorm get the ini file for that too, because it changes some stats which you might not want to change. Either you download or get XCC mixer and, as said, go into the tibsun.mix and then local.mix and extract.

1.Choose a unit to clone
2.Copy the whole code
3.Go to the units list and add it in with a new number like ixith said
4.Make a new unit with the name in the unit list, for example if you put 25=Stupidnoob then you put [Stupidnoob] then the data. you don't need to care where you place it, as long as its in the units/infantry list
5.Paste the code
6.Give it a new weapon (You might want to make one) and change some stats and the price
7.add in the image=the name of the unit (e.g the name for light infantry is E1 so you put image=E1. Remember capitalization)

And you're done!

Modding units are basically giving it new weapons, changing some stats and stuff. Its fun.

and don't worry everyone has to start somewhere.

Oh yes if you want to add a new weapon you also clone it, give it a new name, and change the stats for starters. If you want a more advanced version go and make a totally new weapon with a new particle system and warhead and projectile. My first try was a ion cannon soldier. You might need to try a few times, but remember to keep seperate files in case you must use ini checker cuz it tries to compact the whole ini file and it will be harder to edit, so find the mistake and edit in the backup file.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that if you actually used the search function, and read the stickied threads that tell you how to make new units, you'd be perfectly fine.

http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11081
-DCoder's proper explanation to how you should ask questions, and a link is on that page that shows you how you ask questions on the internets.

http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8765
-DCoder's list of handy references, maybe a bit dated, but perfectly fine nonetheless.

http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8
-The DvD's tutorial on starting to mod, and how you might go about setting up everything you need.

http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=278
-The DvD's tutorial on modding maps, making modmaps, and should be exactly what you need.

There. Read EVERYTHING related to your problem before you come before us because you are too lazy to figure it out yourself.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon