Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Watching and Creating .VP6 Movies (**)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject:  Watching and Creating .VP6 Movies (**)
Subject description: This tutorial doesn't teach you to make movies, but to convert your movies to the EA's VP6 format.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Tutorial Name: Watching and Creating .VP6 Movies
Made by: Banshee
Dificulty: Easy (2 stars)

Attention! You can post this tutorial in any forum you wish as long as I'm credited. If you wanna post it in your site, ask me first by e-mailing to webmaster@ppmsite.com.

Note: This tutorial was written for the C&C3 Demo. This tutorial will be updated once the final release get into the stores.

This tutorial will teach how to interact with the .VP6/.SND files. It is divided in two parts: in the first one, you'll know how to convert these files to .AVI. In the second one, you'll convert .AVI into .VP6

You'll need for Converting VP6 Movies to AVI:
-> OS BIG Editor
-> EA Converter Tool
-> Virtual DUB

Part 1: Converting .VP6 movies into .AVI.

Use OS BIG Editor and open DemoMovies.big and extract the .vp6 and .snd files from the movie that you want to watch.

Grab the EA Converter Tool and place the vp6 and snd files in the same dirctory of you EA Converter tool.

Now, open your DOS Prompt. Go to the directory of the EA Converter tool and type:

Code:
eaconv.exe mymovie.vp6

Change 'mymovie' to the correct filename and if things work well, an .AVI will emerge from this operation. In the sample above, the .AVI will be called mymovie.avi.

Now, do the same for the sound file:

Code:
eaconv.exe mymovie.snd

And if things work well, you'll see a mymovie (or the filename that you gave) .wav file comming out of it.

Now, open the .avi file in the Virtual DUB. Go to Audio -> WAV Audio and choose the .wav file that was generated by the EA Converter Tool. Now, go to File -> Save File as AVI and make sure you choose a hard disk with lots of gigabytes available (this is very important)! Keep the default settings and press all OKs you need. Then, wait and enjoy your music.

{I highly recommend that you close all processes and make sure the priority of Virtual Dub process is the maximum available, or your movie can get out of synch.}

You'll need for Converting AVI Movies to VP6:
-> FinalBIG
-> Virtual DUB
-> VP6 Codec
-> VP6 Builder (by Siberian Gremlim)
-> Sound eXchange and Sound Exchange GUI (both in the same dir)

Part 2: Converting .AVI movies into EALA .VP6.

At this very moment, we can't create new missions, neither change the sound, so this part of the tutorial will be limited. Make sure that the VP6 Codec installed before you start.

Once you finished your movie, open it with Virtual Dub. At Video -> Compression, choose VP60 Simple Profile. Go to File -> Save As AVI and you'll get the movie part of it.

Now, with the same Virtual DUB, File -> Save As WAV and grab the sound. Install both Sound eXchange from the source above (there are newer versions on other places that won't work) and the GUI made by Siberian Gremlim in the same directory. With the GUI, select the sound file generated by the Virtual DUB and generate the Generic Stream, which is a .dat file.

Now, open the VP6 Builder, choose both the movie and the .dat file (by clicking Audio and Browse close to it) and generate the .VP6. Once it's done, place it in a .BIG file using a name of the existing movie that you want to replace and enjoy having it in game. It's always a nice oportunity to test it by calling it mainmenu.vp6

Key Words: #Tutorials #Videos #VP6 #Media #TiberiumWars #KanesWrath #RedAlert3 #RedAlert3Uprising #OSBIGEditor #VirtualDUB 

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:20 pm; edited 5 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awsome! i was waiting for a tutorial on this! ill try it out tonight.

DarkMastero
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the video worked but the audio in the wav file is mute. Do I need a special codac?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest getting the vp6 codec. By the way, the link above doesn't work anymore. So, I'm uploading it here.

vp6_vfw_codec.zip
 Description:
VP6 Codec

Download
 Filename:  vp6_vfw_codec.zip
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Downloaded:  18819 Time(s)

DarkMastero
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I installed the codac but the wav file eaconv.exe creates still won't play. If I mix it into the avi with virtual dub the resulting AVI has no sound.

Does the vp6 codac deal with sound or is there another codac for it?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah... wait... what creates the sound is the eaconv tool. I've tested with the demo files and it worked, but I haven't tested that with the final files. Considering that EALA devs wouldn't change it in one month, I honestly don't know why isn't your sound working.

Last edited by Banshee on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

DarkMastero
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So has anyone found anything that will work for the final version videos?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

<font size="6" color="red">COD</font><font size="7" color="red">E</font><font size="6" color="red">C</font><font size="6"> damn it!</font>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are better and more polite ways to fix people's spellings.

Which program did you use to extract the .snd files? I suggest using OS BIG Editor because if these files are compressed, it will extract it correctly.

popcorn2008
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, yeap Im having the same sound problem. I dont believe the EA tool is converting the .SND files correctly.

You might take a look at it yourself.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tested with the EA Logo movie. The sound was converted correctly and I could listen to it with Windows Media Player and Creative MediaSource Player.

Code:
eaconv.exe ealogo.snd

(Note that there was a typo in the tutorial where I wrote eaconve.exe instead of eaconv.exe, which is now fixed)

popcorn2008
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im not really sure whats going wrong, but the wav file just wont play.

I get as far as making the .wav file, but it just wont play... I'll try some self trouble shooting. If I find a solution i'll post it.

Thanks tho..

popcorn2008
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

Sorry to double post but I wanted to make sure you would see this.

Banshee, would you mind posting what is listed in your Device Manager for Audio/Sound devices? I believe my problem is due to either a missing sound driver or MCI device. Specifically an MCI regarding Wave files.

After some research I have found out that my computer is most likely missing a key Wave driver, and after trying to play the file in multiple players.

Thanks!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had this same warning when I tried to view this generated .wav file with Sonique (yea I still use and love that program).

Anyway, I don't mind posting it, although I think it won't help you with anything at all..

In a short note, my soundcard is a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.

devicemanager_in_portuguese_from_brazil.png
 Description:
that's the sound part..
 Filesize:  16.93 KB
 Viewed:  74765 Time(s)

devicemanager_in_portuguese_from_brazil.png

popcorn2008
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright! I found the problem! Well okay, a few weeks ago I took out my modem b/c I no longer use a dial up connection. But apparently the "Wave Device" I needed is linked to a modem. So, I re-installed my modem and the wav just started playing.

YES! Smile Well thanks for the help Banshee, and btw thanks for the great tutorial.

carlo
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Watching and Creating .VP6 Movies (**) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

right so basically, to put a video in C&C3...

Sound:
1. Get the sound as .WAV file
2. Use the sx.exe GUI to convert the .WAV to .DAT
3. Rename the .DAT to .SND

Video:
1. Convert video to AVI with VP60 codec using VirtualDub
2. Use VP6 Converter to convert the AVI to a bare VP6 file

then insert the VP6/SND pair wherever you want it Smile

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want an easier way to convert the C&C3/RA3 movies into AVI/wav/etc, use the FFMPEG program. It can play and convert both the video and audio parts of the movies. It cannot convert them back yet however.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, Siberian Gremlin site seems to be down, which compromised a lot of links from the tutorial. I don't know the new address, so I'll upload the files here until we figure it out the new URL of his site.

SoundExchange30101_GUI.rar
 Description:
Sound Exchange GUI.

Download
 Filename:  SoundExchange30101_GUI.rar
 Filesize:  183.62 KB
 Downloaded:  12612 Time(s)

SoundExchange30101.rar
 Description:
Sound Exchange.

Download
 Filename:  SoundExchange30101.rar
 Filesize:  214.11 KB
 Downloaded:  13889 Time(s)

VP6_Builder.rar
 Description:
VP6 Builder - VP6 converter by Siberian GRemlin.

Download
 Filename:  VP6_Builder.rar
 Filesize:  193.41 KB
 Downloaded:  13286 Time(s)

EA_Conv_06i.rar
 Description:
EA Video and Audio Converter Tool (v.06i) by VAG, ARR.

Download
 Filename:  EA_Conv_06i.rar
 Filesize:  66.63 KB
 Downloaded:  8707 Time(s)

zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Four years later, I was hoping for some update for the EA Converter, because I got an issue right there. When I first used it to convert a VP6 file to an avi file, the message was reading it's out of date and the file was partially converted leading to the tool hanging in the command prompt.

Besides Virtual Dub, is there any other tool that's the latest version?

therealmjj
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Hey guys, Siberian Gremlin site seems to be down, which compromised a lot of links from the tutorial. I don't know the new address, so I'll upload the files here until we figure it out the new URL of his site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon