Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
Siegeville WIP
Moderators: Rise of Omnius Staff, Machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:  Siegeville WIP Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK here it is, you finally get to see my mapping work!

This is the very first (of only two) maps that I have in WIP. I actually started this last September, and then stopped it to work on my SMMC.
Since then I've only looked at it a few times, so it's still got a few map errors in it.
The players start with a little tiberium nearby, and each one is heavily fortified. However, once that tiberium is used up, the harvesters have to go out into the open to collect tiberium in the large fields further from their base, where they are open to creature attacks, old TD units, and enemy players. There are several TD buildings that you can capture though that you can use to extend your base with. There is a civilian city which is beig eaten by veins, and a mutant city. Be careful in the mutant city, there's more in it that meets the eye Wink
It's a TS:Retro map, but it works fine in plain TS Firestorm...

I haven't started on triggers yet, because I was still learning em at the time I was making this. The lighting too...
I have some really cool triggers planned for this map, though I'm afraid the release is still in the distant future, as my time is still very limited.

I think I'll release this map to the public when it's finished, then i'll change some things around when we put it into the mod.

Aro: Put up the more up-to-date picture... I know it's not finished yet... We'll wait and see

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Siegeville WIP Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, your work, I can't wait to see what Aro will say about it:lol:

Nice map Team Black, though I hope that those dropship bays are dummy clones of the [GADROP] building. If not GDI players will have a great disadvantage when playing against Nod; Remember that [GADROP] is our "warfactory" #Tongue

And did you use the alpha of our mod to take that "screen shoots"?, since [GADROP] looks like the default TS version #Tongue; just make to be sure that it's compatible with the mod #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^Yea, I noticed that, Machine

I'm going to finish this one, for TS:Retro, then rework things to make it work better in this mod..

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Like it.. However, there are a few faults in my opinion.

In each corner... There is One type of LAT (Excluding "Clear"), and i don't like the look of it, it also looks slightly blocky too. Confused

And of course, that MASSIVE patch of green located near the center... It should just have a bit more different LAT tiling in there... And then, perfection...

Also, be sure to let us see the lighting out-come too. #Tongue

Very nice work here, Blackster.. Nice to see you post your work, after being anonymous for so long.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You really know your mapping skills Team Black Wink . The only thing I don't like about your maps.... is that they make mine look like crap #Tongue

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love this map team black... it feels so post apocalyptic. everything looks amazing, one of the best maps i have ever seen. amazing job team black Very Happy

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me of Mad Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon