Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Fallout Floater WIP
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject:  Fallout Floater WIP Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi folks, I've begun to work on learning and improving 3d stuff again.... It has to happen sometime, and I just want to learn how to make creatures now to practice and prepare for a harder task.... making 3d human beings.

I believe that Fallout fans will recognize this right away Wink
so here's my very first 'organic' model the Fallout™ Floater. This creature is the hardest to kill in Fallout 2. This is brought about by its high damage resistance to basically everything (laser, plasma, pulse, conventional ammo, railshot). The best weapons to use against it are shotguns and sniper rifles... and even then, those weapons still deal small damage. while the Floater cannot harm Power Armored soldiers (and travelers) with its bite, the Floater is feared for its poison. A Floater bite can introduce a potent poison into the Power Armor vital signs monitoring system and thus infect the wearer... Floater Poison (in large concentrations) can kill an adult human in less than 5 minutes.

anyway, enough chit chat (as Butch in The Hub says: "Time is money, chit-chat is NOT money" Very Happy)... here's the model and the original Fallout pics... tell me what you think!

TEH PHLOATERR!!!.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.71 KB
 Viewed:  27780 Time(s)

TEH PHLOATERR!!!.PNG

scr00005.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.69 KB

scr00005.PNG

scr00010.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.86 KB

scr00010.PNG

scr00011.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.71 KB

scr00011.PNG

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The evolution of Tiberium "Jellyfish" Floater? #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope... it's cool... but how you're goig to make centaures? You may hovewhere try to ask Fallout community's to achieve easy animation for creatures...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also:you seem to have Anim8or?

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok I got to say it before carno gets here: Attack of the killer SPERM! Hide the fertile Women!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has an ovipositor. Obviously its not a killer sperm, dolt. Rolling Eyes

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but yeah, I see what you mean Laughing .

gufu wrote:
Nope... it's cool... but how you're goig to make centaures? You may hovewhere try to ask Fallout community's to achieve easy animation for creatures...

yeah, I'm still thinking how I'll do it.. I just followed IcySon55 and Arikado'
s tips.... make the model from 1 or 2 primitives and just use the extrude option. I guess I can animate it by boning it. and it's 3dcanvas... Smile

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boning the whole thing???
Are you kidding me?
Also - do bones attach to object theselfs?

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like I said, I'm still a noob at 3d modelling Sad. it says in 3dcanvas website that I should make a model first... then bone it. I still have to learn that, im just following tuts there Idea

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the record, IVI, you are not a n00b, you are a newb. And you're turning into a pro with big leaps. Smile

But that thing reminds me most of a cross between a cobra and sperm cells. So, what is it exactly? How did it come to be etc.?

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oic, my mistake #Tongue.

and I know what you mean. I'm puzzled at what creature the 'Floater' possibly came from. I think I read somewhere in the fallout bible or in fallout that these things were mutated venus flytraps???? but nah, that's too farfetched. maybe it came from lamprey or vampire fishes Idea

I know for sure that the 'centaur' is an aggregate of brahmin, dogs, and cats... thrown into the FEV vats just to see what would come out.... and centaurs are the answer Shocked .

I think deathclaws came from chameleons or iguanas... i don't know which for sure.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gufu...I did saw it was from Fallout...my reply was a joke! Confused

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beware - it seems ehat abimator bones DO NOTT move INSIDE the body - but rather move the whole thing...

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's how it is so far Smile

and thanks for the advice gufu

TEH PHLOATERR!!! 2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.91 KB
 Viewed:  27635 Time(s)

TEH PHLOATERR!!! 2.PNG

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put on the antenass and you got it!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats pretty nice there.

Could of left him in a straight neutral stance and then posed him after rigging him? Neutral

not sure how either program handles bones and hierarchies.

anyways thats pretty good IVI.

can't wait to see that bugger textured and animated! Wink

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

folks, I've learned to bone... and I've successfully boned and animated TEH PHLOATURR!1 Very Happy .

and I've learned a valuable lesson as I was learning.

1.) texture the model first before boning

2.) every model must be posed in a neutral pose (thank you Euphoria). I learned the reason why the models in half-life, counterstrike and all other 3d games are posed idiotically like a clotheshanger Very Happy.

here's the floater in shp builder, 50% finished, I'm doing the attack animations atm.

it's zoomed 2x so the quality's dminished. but don't worry, It'll look better when I'm done with it Smile

P.S. The 'Floater' character I'm modelling is originally made for Fallout and Fallout2 by the RPG making geniuses at the former Black Isle Studios (RIP). I want to credit them for the original idea, image, concept etc. I'm just modelling after their concept

TEH PHLOATERR!!!.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.17 KB
 Viewed:  27600 Time(s)

TEH PHLOATERR!!!.PNG

ivifloater.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  316.8 KB
 Viewed:  27601 Time(s)

ivifloater.gif

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: finished! ready for coding Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was so excited to see how it'll look ingame that I worked all noon and night to finish it Very Happy . damn my fingers are numb but I liked how it turned out so far, just have to code it in art.ini and rules.ini and we'll see Smile

ivifloater.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  249.88 KB
 Viewed:  27583 Time(s)

ivifloater.gif

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice .. sorta.. thing.

Needs more details , maybe it could spit acid?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we do centaur now? #Tongue
Ah.. it's beutiful... But it seems rather... Makeit more standing... less of angle...

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG, my hands are numb.... Surprised

I encountered a serious trouble... the texture on the floater is EXACTLY the same as the the soil. when I first coded it in, I could hardly see it Mad .

so I spent the whole morning (and noon) working on it in photoshop FRAME by FRAME, just trying to give it a better outline and color.

so please, I do hope it'll look ok to you guys.... I don't feel like doing the damn thing over again TT. in fact, I'm so drained I didn't feel like doing the shadows today... so it looks out of place...

well, I'm satisfied with it, and I hope you'll find it ok as well Smile

zomg2.PNG
 Description:
we're getting pwnd sir!
 Filesize:  168.76 KB
 Viewed:  27554 Time(s)

zomg2.PNG

zomg.PNG
 Description:
sh!t, the whole damned city's filled with these things!
 Filesize:  176.36 KB
 Viewed:  27555 Time(s)

zomg.PNG

floaters.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.19 KB
 Viewed:  27558 Time(s)

floaters.PNG

floaters 2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.64 KB
 Viewed:  27558 Time(s)

floaters 2.PNG

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup... they are that big... but they are allright...

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's ace but I think it should be a bit darker so they are more visible.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. I love the animation, nice and fluid. especially the attack anims.

couldn't of you edited the texture and rendered it again instead frame by frame? and not sure if anim8tor has a lighting so you can add shadows quick and easy. just rendering it again. though.

well its pretty good. I am sure once you add that shadow it should stand out a bit more. and the blood needs variation of values but only minor things all in all its

--Good Work. Wink

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As said many times before, I WANT YOUR MOD.

Beautiful creature.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anim8or? Dunno... never seen them - there is lightning - so it's probable...

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How many times does IVI have to say 3dcanvas before you finally get it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon