Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
Frozen Nightfall (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject:  Frozen Nightfall (2)
Subject description: does not require FS. my 20th map.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well im keepin my promise to ya guys this time. i said this map would be released by tuesday and im releasing it. though im not completely happy with it yet so i may in the near or far future update it. so this is only Version 1.

anyways heres the good stuff Rolling Eyes

Map:
Name: Frozen Nightfall (credit for map name goes to Chielscape even if it was forever ago that he suggested it for another map)
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 68X68 (this will be the last small 2 player map for awhile all other maps from now)
Players: 2
Theatre: Tundra (snow)
Info: This map is a snow map. (my 3rd snow map) It is a small map for quick battles and fast past action. (usually) The map features an evacuated city slowly being ruined by the effects of tiberium. It also has 3 small villages. 2 of these have survived however the other one was not so fortunate and was ravaged by the tiberium near the old GDI base left from the 1st tiberian war. There is plenty of tiberium for players and there should be plenty of buildspace. This is my 20th map now (I think) so enjoy it! Wink

Story: The city of Vanictia was a thriving resort town in these snowy cliffs. The city flourished with activity. However, after many years a heat wave came into this normaly cold climated area and much of the snow started to melt and due to this unnatural heat in the area tiberium was able to survive in the area. Soon the tiberium gained a choke hold on the area and the city and its citizens were being destroyed. GDI sent in help to the city but left the people of the smaller towns outside the city to die. Luckily for 2 of the small villages, another city nearby was able to supply them with the things they needed to try to survive in their desolated towns. But there was a 3rd town which did not recieve this help due to it being in the center of the wasteland. Eventually the other towns lost all contact with this one and no one knows of what happened to the citizens inside...

sheesh long story i just kept typing man....i have a problem with that it seems when i get going on a story.

**Note im adding this in as through out my tests i have seen the AI pwn me, be a fair challenge, do ok, and hardly do anything. so its best if you want them to fight back to attack them preferably somewhat early on**
(tested with the use of my Firestorm disc. as my normal TS ones are gone)

time for the pics: (which are cropped as to reduce size ahead of time #Tongue )

Frozen Nightfall (2).zip
 Description:
the map. enjoy and please leave comments!

Download
 Filename:  Frozen Nightfall (2).zip
 Filesize:  98.33 KB
 Downloaded:  1702 Time(s)

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent and well made how ever I do not like slushy terrain but Spotlight!

warlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

indeed Smile spotlight worthy Cool

Signature By Aro^

"So long as there are men, there will be wars." - Albert Einstein.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMFG, it's epic. I say this is definately spotlight material, and I'm headed to TSR to try it out to give it a final verdict.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look very good, as all your maps do Ixith, good work. I also vote spotlight ^^

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the comments guys.

like i said in the first post i may make a version 2 and if i do the things that will be included will be better AI (as i will make some AI triggers), other triggers possibly, and other miscellaneous changes or error fixes that you guys find. Wink

anyways i would like a lot more comments. so are there any more comments?

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forget what I said about the lighting on tibweb, not a big deal, even though, I hate how you didn't add lighting to all fields, :p
Now when I look at this map, I see a very nicely detailed snow map.

Detail: 10\10 - Because snow maps are hard to do and you did this very well, I can't say why not 10\10
Layout: 9\10 - Layout is awesome, I like it.
Lighting: 9\10 - Nice atmosphere, a shame the things that I mentioned, I didn't put attention to it right now.
Overall: 9.25\10 - My final comments are that this map is an awesome little two player map touched up with villages, towns etc. a few cool triggers.
Map is definitely worth a spotlight.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... 5 Day gap, Crash-King... And being as you already posted simmular comment's about this map on, TiberiumWeb, was there really any need to make the minor bump on this topic, saying something that you have already said? Confused

Meh, my comment : Spotlight. Wink

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actuelly ixith has been telling people to post here and here a bump is 1-2 weeks without post.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooooh, Aro, didn't quite Sever the link, now did you? #Tongue
Shall I inform Banshee...? Twisted Evil

Okay.... #Tongue

But anyhow, Crash probably thought this map was worth bumping, and it is, actually. Besides, it's not really a world-changing bump. I really like this map, the lighting is suberb, I can't say anything else about that... The gameplay is very interesting for such a small map, the mutant work is nice, small thing but a really entertaining feature! Smile

Not much to say...

Ah wait... Wink

Spotlighting? Very Happy

Last edited by Titan on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lighting, at least in the screenshots, is looking promising. I'll play it before spotlighting it (or not)... to test AI.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bah been too busy with track practices and meets to check PPM.

but anyways...thanks for all the more comments guys. i needed them.
@Aro (if he even checks it) yes it was a slight bump but i felt i needed more comments on what this map had that was good, ok, and bad and what could be improved and so crashking gave me his review here. (although i still havent gotten a full idea on it)

so yeah. the comments proved helpful somewhat. id still like to know what people think the map needs as far as details, triggers, AI, and other fun things. Smile

oh and i hope the AI plays well for you Banshee if it doesnt then that will give me plenty of critique for this. and more to work on it for to

any comments?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just tested the map... and I'm spotlighting it. Even with the obstacles, AI annoyed my harvesters too much, although I was still able to beat it (nod level 1) with few jumpjets. But all my disruptors rush were easily stopped by AI, even if the last one costed their construction yard #Tongue.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL bansheyou gotto try the level 2 AI some time. and on MY WIP I'm pretty sure you won't be able to handle it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've already beaten AI level 2 many times, but when I test maps, I don't want long matchs, so I usually play a low level AI.

I've once made a n00b mod... about 7 years ago, where the level 0 AI was already a pain in the ass to beat... level 2 was God like level... it wiped me in the second rush... lol.. bringing over 12 heavy vehicles to my base or a massive infantry rush...

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

11/10 a great map to play Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile without a dout spotlite

tobiasboon46
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixith,you're my TS map god!!!
don't know what to say,excepting SPoTLiGHT!!

Err...the image above means no offence to the american people...It's a bit of what I feel about it's gov't >_>

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon