Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Problem with map
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
darkrei9n
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject:  Problem with map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am having troubles with a map I am making. I am currently trying to test it but it will not open in game. It doesnt show up or anything.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check the news

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ORCA: His problem isn't border size.

@darkrei9n: Please, pay attention to the forum you are posting the topic. This is not a tutorial.

darkrei9n
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Banshee.

@Orca I have the positions and the borders right. It just doesnt show up.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try goign to Edit > Edit Map Settings and uncheck 'Is Scenario Multiplayer'

Also don't play with anything in Multipalyer possition settings I think thats for xbox only.

darkrei9n
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with that is. If I do that. None of the objects will be to their respective owners. And the scripts wont work.

BuddaBoy
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There seems to be a naming convention to get maps to show up...you can't just put "my map" and expect it to show up, there seems to be the need for "map_mp_2_my_map" needed for it to show up, withing WorldBuilder you can name it "my map" so in skermish it will show that name.

Jay290783
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BuddaBoy wrote:
There seems to be a naming convention to get maps to show up...you can't just put "my map" and expect it to show up, there seems to be the need for "map_mp_2_my_map" needed for it to show up, withing WorldBuilder you can name it "my map" so in skermish it will show that name.

I don't personally know what's wrong with his map, but I managed to play my map that I technically edited. I went to Save As (or Save Map As - I forget what it says exactly), renamed it to All_Faction_Structures and saved it under Custom Maps and the game found it straight away.

I didn't save it like the official maps are saved as map_mp_2_...

Only thing is, I forgot to name my map under Edit Map Settings (or whatever it's called where you edit the name, time of day and weather) so it showed up in game (when I went on New Skirmish Game - or whatever it's called) as All_Faction_Structures.

I've edited the name now, so just need to check it shows up in-game as All Faction Structures instead of All_Faction_Structures.

A problem I had was the mini-map was just completely black, couldn't understand what was wrong, but I've read the topic about creating a mini-map so it should be fine now, I hope Confused

I don't think I'll upload it though, because, like I said, it's just an official map that I've edited a little bit, so don't think it would be much fun to play for other people.

Anyway, hope you fix your problem with your map not showing up in-game, darkrei9n Smile

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possibly the game doesn't like maps with spaces in the name?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum