Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
undeploying help
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GerMiciDe
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:  undeploying help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have made a map wherein the con yard undeploys into a Mammoth mkll, which i think is causing problems... sometimes i get an internal error, sometimes not
i was woundering if theres a way to do this without tha 50% error chance

[GACNST]
Cost=2500
Name=Construction Yard
Armor=heavy
Owner=GDI,Nod
Power=0
Sight=6
Crewed=yes
Points=80
Factory=BuildingType
Adjacent=2
Strength=1000
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=10
TechLevel=-1
Capturable=true
AIBuildThis=yes
ThreatPosed=0
TogglePower=no
UndeploysInto=HMEC
ConstructionYard=yes
DamageSmokeOffset=1470, 1060, 1078
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys

^is whats causing tha problem i believe...
also tha map has a waypoint reveal on part of it and each of tha two players start with a carryall, but i dont think thats a part of tha problem, i believe its tha undeploying shit, but what do i kno?...
im not too good with this shit, i think i tried deleating ISOmappack and that didnt help, not sure

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

add:
artillery=yes
This tag allows for unit to go into shp and back... or maybe juggernaut=yes

BEWARE: Those are not exact tag names - but if you search the rules .ini - those units have them.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gufu, that has got to be some of the worst advice I ever heard. Rolling Eyes

I just tried your code, and it worked fine. I think the problem may be elsewhere.

to my knowledge, it has nothing to do with ISOmappack (whatever that is...)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

GerMiciDe
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... u sure it worked fine? wuld any of tha other things i mentioned mess it up? the map is only 50x50 and is about 97% clear rocks... i dunno ill mess around with it when i get off work, ill try gufus advice and whatever i can think of

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't take Gufu's advice, it's %100 BS

The Team Black Index

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is a trigger problem or some other ini edit you've done to your map. and do not cover your maps with just rocks. vary the terrain aand put your sual into the map by adding detail

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: undeploying help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GerMiciDe wrote:

also tha map has a waypoint reveal on part of it and each of tha two players start with a carryall, but i dont think thats a part of tha problem...

actually i think thats where your problem lies. now i have a few questions
1-is there a trigger for carry alls to become player 1 and player 2s?

2-what are the events, actions, and so forth for all your triggers?

i think the problem lies in my 1st question. because if you have a trigger to make those carry alls become either player 1's or player 2's then its going to IE as you cant set that correctly in a MP map. (well as far as we know) im thinking this is the error. as others have said they had it work 50% of the time or so when having something like that. Wink
it will also IE sometimes if you set those carryalls with certain houses as sometimes there will be 2 of the same houses. E.G.: GDI vs GDI thus the game gets confused and IEs or gives both to one player.

hope that helped some.

GerMiciDe
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, i changed owner of carryalls to gdi and nod

tha action is reveal around waypoint on 4 waypoints in tha middle of tha map and event is timer with no time

so if one player is nod and one gdi it will work fine, huh?

any way of giving each player a carryall with no glitches?

also, any way of overriding game options (ie. short game always off, re-dep mcv always on), or maybe even overriding house choice (so this wuldnt be a problem)?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont change the owners of the carry alls to GDI and Nod as that will make it crash every now and then.

As far as i know and have experimented with it is impossible to get a 100% of the time working way to get the 2 players of a multiplayer map to start with certain units from doing things in finalsun.
yes if one player was Nod and the other GDI then it should work. but the only way that, that will for sure happen is online. and the only type of map that is usually played online are the no detail maps which people here dont like at all. (and yes im one of those people that dont like them #Tongue )

ONE way however would be to allow both sides to have a carryall and on the start of the map. so it would be a starting unit. however this could cause you to get several carry alls at once and almost no fighting units. personally iv never tried that with an aircraft either. but its the only 100% sure way of allowing both MP map players start with a carry all i think.

also for your event in that trigger if you want it to instantly start then just use the event of "Any Event" that will cause the trigger to fire as soon as the map starts. Wink

and as far as i know you can force the game-play scenarios such as short game and re-deployable MCVs with the map itself. but that shouldnt be a problem as you should always be able to decide that before going into skirmish or online play anyways Wink

and im pretty sure its impossible to over ride house choice. If it wasnt impossible then there would be some pretty interesting maps out there with those features involved.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you could go through all the trouble of making triggers that may or may not work, but if it were me, I'd just use our good friend:

AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=

Make it so only carryalls are starting units. you'll also have to make it Owner=GDI, NOD to make it available to both factions --- but that won't be a problem because nod can't build the carryall's Prerequisites anyways.
(The only thing, is I'm not sure if it allows aircraft as starting units, or if it's like the FreeUnit tag, where it turns everything into vehicles.)

The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It dosnt allow aircraft. Don't try it worthless.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I stand corrected. Triggers FTW I guess XD

The Team Black Index

GerMiciDe
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone know tha value that allows you to have only a mcv with short game on and not lose?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mcv counts as a "building" in short-game.
As long as you have an mcv, you can't lose.

Sometimes in online short-games, people save 1 mcv and fly it around on a carryall, so that when their base is destroyed they will still be in the game.
This can be annoying, because then the opponents have to chase after it and shoot it down...either that or launch a hunter-seeker XD

The Team Black Index

GerMiciDe
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what i ment was: whats tha code to make another unit like that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon