Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
Multiple sections in the unit file.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject:  Multiple sections in the unit file.
Subject description: What are they for?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said in the title...
Why do they have a way to make multiple sections in each unit? When I look through the mix files, I see that all the units are divided into multiple files, and none of them have multiple sections per file.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to have three files for a tank, one is the body, one is the turret, and the last one is the barrel(s). You can't have one file with three sections, because it wont work properly, the game wont recognize those sections as turrets or barrels, it reads them as different parts of the body.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should try to be much clearer when posting your questions.

From what I can decipher, you're either asking about:

Code:
mtnk.vxl
mtnktur.vxl
mtnkbarr.vxl

or

Code:
mtnk.vxl
mtnk.hva

or

Code:
hmec.vxl --> Many pieces shown on the right in XCC.

Which one is it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri got it. Thanks Yuri. I was asking if the multiple sections in a voxel will be read as multiple sections, or if you really have to divide up all the separate moving parts into multiple files.

Well, then what is the purpose of multiple sections in the same voxel file?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you wanted to animate it - such as a mech with moving legs or a RA2 helicopter with rotors...

You'd use the hva builder to move each section, in a frame-by-frame progression.

There are three sections here, the main body, and the two propellers.
I used 3 frames to animate the propeller sections, so that it will look more realistic while it's flying - but to my knowledge, it can only be animated while it's moving.

(this voxel was originally made by ackron, found here. I animated the propellers to use as an example in an hva tutorial that I ditched)

anivtol.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  761 KB
 Viewed:  9830 Time(s)

anivtol.gif

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand! So, if you wanted to make wheels look like they're turning while it's moving(I know wheels don't move in TS, FS,RA2, and YR. Just using as an example!), you would use another section. If you want propellers spinning, or tank turrets, you would use another file! That makes sense. Okay, question answered. Thank you.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no. animated parts are seperate sections in the same file but turrets and their barrels are seperate files.

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o_O umm... Okay, that's what my post said also... Please, nobody else post. My question is solved. Unless, you have some really cool knowledge of what you can do with multiple sections and files in a voxel.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be carefull using different sections withinn the same voxel. It might give some unwanted results Embarassed

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea like overlap issues. (Like this one, th MIXER section is somehow shown behind the truck's main body :S

CTRUCK evolution.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  352.21 KB
 Viewed:  9787 Time(s)

CTRUCK evolution.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's the very thing I was thinking about, thanks Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum