Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
ART sections?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Bos187
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject:  ART sections?
Subject description: i know you cannot create new rules sections but...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to include 1TNK in a map i'm making. I chose 4TNK to edit because that's a tank i'm not gonna use in the map. But when i added the code "image=1TNK" it became imageless and i was like, huh?
Then i realised: there's probably no section called "1TNK" in ART.ini
Now i ask you, the professional: Can i create new ART sections in a map without breaking it?

And if the anwer is no (wich I highly expect, but asking never hurts):

Is there a way to edit an existing art.ini section in such a way that it that it represents a voxel that doesn't match names without breaking the map?

Thank you for your time Smile

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately, there's no way without code outside the map. :S

Sorry.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Bos187
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like i'll have to stick to the mammoth.. too bad.
That tank is too big for such a small neutral base
thanks for trying to help

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually, this you can do:

Code:

[VehicleTypes]
##=1TNK
##=MLRS
etc.

the ##'s represent the next unused numbers in your rules.ini
then make new entries for each, make sure you use the image tag!
Code:

[1TNK]
Image=1TNK
Name= uber tank
Strength=10000000
(etc.)

do you get what I mean? #Tongue

the Image= tag also affects that cameo, if the unit has one.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well see theres a problem with that though TB well at least from what iv heard/remember that the 1tnk and others besides the TD mammoth(4tnk) all dont have art.ini entries or at least complete ones so therefore they cant be added into a map which is what he is asking about.

but id like to remind ya that you can still use the graphics that are coded and do switching of turrets and bodies of units to get new ones. (provided that youd have to make a new unit for your map and do all the stuff TB was saying plus a little more)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can do it - try it! Cool

the only thing that's bad is the FLH, the rest is %100 per fect

The Team Black Index

Bos187
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nevermind, i've already put a pair of orca's in the base

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, whatever floats yor boat Rolling Eyes

The Team Black Index

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually there is a way to hack into maps and force new images to work! You need SE2K (oh no I did something productive with SE2k I must be a noob and a retard right assholes?). What youdo is this:
1: Open SE2K without going through finalsun
2: Go to editing, select advanced editing and go to art.ini
3: Add the new art entry to the ini file
4: Create the new unit you want (do not clone a unit) from an already existing unit
5: Save the file as a ".rul" file
6: copy the contents of that .rul file to the map directory, everything should now work!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isn't that the same as editing the art.ini file? Confused

The Team Black Index

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes but you are making it work for a map which you cannot do any other way. Also I made a mistake, you copy your ini to the .rul file you created then you recopy that to the map that you have made. the art.ini rules wont show up in notepad, this is normal dont worry.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
this is normal dont worry

Do you mean you are not editing art.ini contents?

Quote:

Because those steps certainly make it look like you're just editing art.ini and then adding the appropriate image tags to the special rules coding of the map file, which is basically modding and thus defeating the need for your SE2k method.

Rolling Eyes

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you are but you aren't. its complicated. Think of it as the map using a different version of the art.ini in the game but its really not. And you are not actually editing the art.ini filed ur actually editing the .mix file altogether. You cannot gain access to this in regular notepad for a map. Just trust me I made the original flame tank work in TS for a map I made

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can do that too #Tongue

[VehichleTypes]
51=FTNK

[FTNK]
Image=FTNK

The Team Black Index

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black yo uare dumber than you look and even dumber than you talk. stop speaking unless you have soemthing worth hearing got it? Try what I said using SE2K otherwise you can just go F-off...

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, no one is going to use SE2K because it is a ztyping n00b tool for those who are too dumb to learn INI by hand and notepad.

Also, Team Black is ages-more respected than you could hope to be, so I think you should treat him with a bit of respect. >.>

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For gods sake... is this all about having ART sections in a MPR/MAP file? Look... experienced members have said it dont work... and i have a IDB of the game engine sitting here that also tells me ART Flags can not be called in anything other than the Art/FS.ini.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well looks like im gonna have to show you guys it works then make you feel bad about your arrogant selves.... I wqill get the flame tank to work on a basic map with nothing special....

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure... if im wrong i will admit, oh... i need to know one thing though, do you have just Tiberian Sun, or Tiberian Sun and Firestorm installed?

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here eat this and just die because it works fine. Everything here is for TS... Be Nod, build a factory and a temple and build the devils fist. The other mods are generic shit i've tested. Oh dont forget to delete my post when I prove you wrong so you dont look bad. Oh and dont forget to deny everything I told you so "you" can make a "discovery" about how to enable the old voxels on maps. And if this doesnt work do what I said using SE2K OTHERWISE DONT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU HAVENT EVEN TESTED WHAT I TOLD YOU. JUST BECAUSE I DONT POST OFTEN DONT MEAN IM NEW OR RETARDED. IT MEANS I HAVE A LIFE AND IM NOT ADDICTED TO A WEBSITE.

SICKOFURSHIT.jpg
 Description:
oh and here is a screen shot so you all can die.
 Filesize:  460.24 KB
 Viewed:  17999 Time(s)

SICKOFURSHIT.jpg

what_now.zip
 Description:
this comes with a .rul file, a map u can test it on (has no tiberium or anything) and a backup of the origonal

Download
 Filename:  what_now.zip
 Filesize:  92.52 KB
 Downloaded:  357 Time(s)

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alexander with that attitude you will be off these forums very soon, people who are gloating around like you fair off poorly here so stop with your very annoying attitude now.

Also as a modder myself who frequently talks to many other modders who I hold a high respect for SE2K is well known in the community as a n00bish tool, but this is not a discussion for SE2K and I also strongly advise you do not try and help people by using at as an example.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex chill down Rolling Eyes .
You have come into this topic like a bull at a gate on fire, instead of insulting people in ur first post (which is why people have turned against u) and just posting ur idea, perhaps they may have TESTED it.

Well if it works then congrats on the discovery, but personally i just make a small mod to do the job if i want something special anyway Smile

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh so its ok for you guys to tell me im wrong without testing what I've done But I cant come back and you and defend my work...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right... i am not having some idiot start shouting crap at me... if you were more civilized then maybe we could solve this... so shut up...

First off... wheres the ART sections in these shitty files... all i see is [TRUCKB] with Image=FTNK... i dont see ART sections...

Now, if you had Firestorm installed, your [TRUCKB] Image=FTNK would be pointing to a unused Firestorm entry...

If you are using regular Tiberian Sun... nothing new... people used to do this WAY back on Mod Maps for online play, 1TNK etc where enabled...

I Rest my case.

(Or does my experience lack knowledge...)

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex I told you your attitude was wrong and you are still persisting with it so unfortunately. Banshee notified.

Also I would look at Luke's side of the case and also what I said instead of getting like an over reactive little girl saying that me and Rico are saying you are wrong.
I never said your method was wrong, I said SE2K was bad and Rico did not scream at you saying you were wrong or anything yet posted something sensible so you really should learn how to construct a sensible argument and study what it is you are arguing about before starting to use an attitude like that.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"(Or does my experience lack knowledge...)"

yes it does..... ftnk is in the art.ini for TS but it is blocked out so it is as if the tank isnt there... SE2K can force any image to work that doesnt have/has a deleted ini code.

And for the last god damn time there are no art sections fo the map that can be seen using notepad. Just do what I say and stop telling me I'm wrong you people are ridiculous. You dont have the jurisdiction claim my work is wrong when you wont even prove me wrong, you all just rant and rave how you don't think it works!

Quote:
do this god damn it.
1: Open SE2K without going through finalsun
4: Create the new unit you want (do not clone a unit) from an already existing unit
5: Save the file as a ".rul" file
6: copy the contents of that .rul file to the map directory, everything should now work!
I wil lshutup and go do other things when you do this with ANY unused voxel image...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Heh... Its Sevelys all over again... i give up with people like you... SE2k forcing sections... thats a new one mate Wink

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try it..... just try it. I know its hard to stoop down to a noobs level.. Afterall you are better than me you are smarter than me and you are overall closer to perfection than I'll ever be, right. Do what I said otherwise every word yo uspeak is completely invalidated by the fact that you wont even test it yourself.

I hate arrogant and ignorant people like you.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

End, Shit, Now... ztyping flame topics go no where... and i dont think Moderators like Morpher want to deal with crap like this... continue this elsewhere... because like i said, i cant be arsed anymore.

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alexander, read what TSHyper said:

Quote:
First off... wheres the ART sections in these shitty files... all i see is [TRUCKB] with Image=FTNK... i dont see ART sections...

Now, if you had Firestorm installed, your [TRUCKB] Image=FTNK would be pointing to a unused Firestorm entry...

As he says, there are no art.ini tags anywhere in that map you posted up, so how can you claim that it uses art.ini tags if they are not there?

Furthermore, I also confirm TSHyper's argument that the game engine does not call the art.ini tags from anywhere but the art.ini file and artfs.ini. I also stick by SE2k NOT being able to force tags.

Quote:
And for the last god damn time there are no art sections fo the map that can be seen using notepad

Can't be seen using notepad? So how do you suggest we see them? Hex editor? No, wait. Nothing appears there either.

Oh, and I don't think anyone else has pointed out yet that you posted this:
Quote:
Oh dont forget to delete my post when I prove you wrong so you dont look bad. Oh and dont forget to deny everything I told you so "you" can make a "discovery" about how to enable the old voxels on maps.

RIGHT AFTER TSHyper posted this:
Quote:
Sure... if im wrong i will admit

Oh, also:
Quote:
(oh no I did something productive with SE2k I must be a noob and a retard right assholes?)

You brought that upon yourself, and have nobody else but yourself to blame.

I think the point i'm trying to make there is clear enough.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might point out further that Mr. "Try It Yourself" didn't even do what I mentioned:

Dumber Than I Talk wrote:

I can do that too #Tongue

[VehichleTypes]
51=FTNK

[FTNK]
Image=FTNK

(I assume he even knows how to edit with notepad)

The Image= tag can be used to call up almost any voxel in the mixes, even if there's no art.ini entry for it.
The only problem is that you won't have a proper FLH or TurretOffset= although those aren't vitally important things..

Code:

[VehicleTypes]
51=FTNK

[FTNK]
Name=Flame Tank
Image=FTNK
Category=AFV
Prerequisite=FACTORY
Primary=FireballLauncher
Strength=300
Armor=light
TechLevel=1
CrateGoodie=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Sight=5
Speed=6
Owner=gdi,nod
Cost=500
Points=40
ROT=5
Crusher=yes
Crewed=no
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=25-I000,25-I002,25-I004,25-I006
VoiceMove=25-I012,25-I014,25-I016,25-I018,25-I022
VoiceAttack=25-I014,25-I022,25-I024,25-I026
VoiceFeedback=
MaxDebris=4
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=25   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
Weight=3.5
EliteAbilities=EXPLODES
AccelerationFactor=0.01
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13

Try it yourself =P.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  268.78 KB
 Viewed:  17889 Time(s)

Try it yourself =P.PNG

The Team Black Index

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

The Image= tag can be used to call up almost any voxel in the mixes, even if there's no art.ini entry for it.
The only problem is that you won't have a proper FLH or TurretOffset= although those aren't vitally important things..

Jesus ztyping Christ is this really that hard for you people to understand. Do it with any tank that cant b used in game by normal means. Try "PROBE" for example. And it is very hard to explain but you are editing art sections but for some reason the game "reads" them only for a specific map. And you cant get ftnk to work by normal means because it is deleted in the ini (for TS anyway). I tried before it doesn't work but you people are incapable of listening.

Black you are also using FS try doing that with regular TS...... Because eveyone knows that the "FTNK" image is enabled for FS......

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I digress, it is you who is not understanding! We know, exactly why what you are doing is working - you are using the Image= tag to link the vxl with art.ini, and as Team Black put:

Quote:

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HEY GUYS LOOK I MADE THE LIGHT TANK WORK. APPARENTLY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING....

omglookwhatidid.jpg
 Description:
HOWE AM I BUILDING THEM ITS LIKE MAGIC!!!!!!!!
 Filesize:  519.58 KB
 Viewed:  17861 Time(s)

omglookwhatidid.jpg

armyof1tnk.jpg
 Description:
omg is that an army of light tanks? HOW!!!!!!!
 Filesize:  769.65 KB

armyof1tnk.jpg

aiususesthemNOOBS.jpg
 Description:
and look the nAI uses the light tank.
 Filesize:  321.6 KB

aiususesthemNOOBS.jpg

lighttank.zip
 Description:
this is the ini I used. Note thta you cannot get 1tnk to work by regular means.... and the other usless stuff in the file to.

Download
 Filename:  lighttank.zip
 Filesize:  3.96 KB
 Downloaded:  290 Time(s)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YOU are stupid to ignore what each of us has been saying...

Image=1TNK on a Nod Buggy will use default properties in the engine to render the unit if it has not available ART section in the Art.ini / ArtFS.ini

Your only making this even more worse for yourself

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try it in regular TS it doesn't work. The first post of this thread even said so.... But of course you are TSHypper and you are all knowing...

Quote:
I want to include 1TNK in a map i'm making. I chose 4TNK to edit because that's a tank i'm not gonna use in the map. But when i added the code "image=1TNK" it became imageless and i was like, huh?
Then i realised: there's probably no section called "1TNK" in ART.ini
Now i ask you, the professional: Can i create new ART sections in a map without breaking it?

And if the anwer is no (wich I highly expect, but asking never hurts):

Is there a way to edit an existing art.ini section in such a way that it that it represents a voxel that doesn't match names without breaking the map?

Thank you for your time Smile

looks like you need some reading lessons

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For example, i just opened G_Canyon.map and added...

[HVR]
Image=1TNK

Now... what do you think happened? Oh yes... a Hovering Light Tank, with turret (keep in mind Team Blacksters note about the turret offset).

Of Course, i could make a almost perfectly working 1TNK by editing the Primary= to a custom / edited weapon and change the MovementType=, SpeedType= and Locomotor= to give the final desired effect.

You see, its nothing new, this kinda thing has been going on since 2001, where it was the craze to have unused units in Mod / Online Maps... "Dizzy Troop Truck" is a name i remember from one of the first mod maps that had this feature enabled when i played online.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@A.C.B:
You need either the unit, or the Image= to have an art entry in order to work.
Quote:
Just trust me I made the original flame tank work in TS for a map I made

the FTNK has an art entry in FS so it works fine.
Any of the other ones, you need to modify an existing unit for.
For example:
Code:

[VehichleTypes]
51=RECV

[WINI]
Image=1TNK
1nk code...

[RECV]
Image=WINI
wini code...

So what you do is swap the graphics, and you can get it to work.

The Team Black Index

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
For example, i just opened G_Canyon.map and added...

[HVR]
Image=1TNK

Now... what do you think happened? Oh yes... a Hovering Light Tank, with turret (keep in mind Team Blacksters note about the turret offset).

Of Course, i could make a almost perfectly working 1TNK by editing the Primary= to a custom / edited weapon and change the MovementType=, SpeedType= and Locomotor= to give the final desired effect.

You see, its nothing new, this kinda thing has been going on since 2001, where it was the craze to have unused units in Mod / Online Maps... "Dizzy Troop Truck" is a name i remember from one of the first mod maps that had this feature enabled when i played online.
this completely contradicts what the first post said......... It literally contradicts it in everyway.. So you either
A: lied
B: have your own modded art.ini in the TS directory.

Quote:

So what you do is swap the graphics, and you can get it to work.
But I'm not swapping files or anything....

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lie? why would i lie... im in this community to help people learn and give advice... so why would i lie? unless you are calling people like Bittah Commander, Team Black, Creagor and Morpher who also have stated that it works.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alexander C Bukington. Just like you said, try doing what TeamBlack said before claiming it won't work that way. In matter of fact, this is exactly what you did with SE2K without knowing it (just study the code in your map using wordpad and you should see for yourself, if you know how to code with wordpad that is).

Sun Edit 2K canNOT accomplish ANYTHING WHATSOEVER that you can't accomplish with notepad or wordpad; it can only accomplish less (which is the reason why you shouldn't use it).

I've made an online map using leftover voxels a couple years ago myself using only wordpad for the mod and I'll upload it for you along with a screenshot so you can see for yourself.

map.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  720.98 KB
 Viewed:  17827 Time(s)

map.png

RETRO.MPR
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RETRO.MPR
 Filesize:  33.83 KB
 Downloaded:  266 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Alexander C Bukington. Just like you said, try doing what TeamBlack said before claiming it won't work that way. In matter of fact, this is exactly what you did with SE2K without knowing it (just study the code in your map using wordpad and you should see for yourself, if you know how to code with wordpad that is).

Sun Edit 2K canNOT accomplish ANYTHING WHATSOEVER that you can't accomplish with notepad or wordpad; it can only accomplish less (which is the reason why you shouldn't use it).

I've made an online map using leftover voxels a couple years ago myself using only wordpad for the mod and I'll upload it for you along with a screenshot so you can see for yourself.
cool map... But I seriosuly believe I'm not doing what they are because I'm actually adding art.ini entries in the map and everything Is working smoothly. Idk If all you say I'm doing the same thing maybe I am but I still dont think so.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

post the ART entry's on there own HERE... now maybe we can settle this crap.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are not modding any art.ini entry in the map whatsoever. You're doing exactly what I did without knowing it; just take a look at your OWN code:
Code:
[BGGY]
Name=light tank
Image=1TNK
Turret=yes
Primary=120mm

This is what gives the buggy the image of a light tank, using the art.ini entries of the buggy. If you don't believe me, try copying the code of your map (in wordpad) to another map and see it'll still work.

And in case you didn't know, those are rules.ini entries, not art.ini entries.

Edit:
To prove to you you really aren't editing any art.ini entries whatsoever, try changing the cameo of the Titan into the cameo of an ORCA and changing WalkFrames= into something like 10 so it'll look wrong. You can't accomplish this without editing art.ini entries, so I can already tell you you won't be able to accomplish anything like this on a map since you can't edit art.ini entries just for a map.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright here is my art entry that I got using SE2K. And I have tried using image=1tnk (along with mrj, probe ect.) and only a few like MRLS and 2tnk work with no problem. But here are screne shots of my map in se2k form.

entry.jpg
 Description:
this is not seen on notepad in a map. Why? I have no idea.
 Filesize:  527.02 KB
 Viewed:  17786 Time(s)

entry.jpg

image=.jpg
 Description:
here is the tag same as image=1tnk
 Filesize:  585.8 KB
 Viewed:  17786 Time(s)

image=.jpg

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, you added art.ini tags into the map code, that does not make it work. As Bittah said, try changing the cameo or some thing using only code in a map. You will find it is impossible. Seriously.

On a side-note, I notice you have AutoCAD on your desktop. If you put as much effort into that as you are this, you would have revolutionized modern car design (or whatever).

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what exactly are you trying to do ACB? Confused

The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm... i dont see Art sections inserted into a MAP/MPR file... all i see if the SE2k Editor with the Art.ini open...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your first image:
They're art.ini entries, which are not saved in your map (why? because art.ini entries just can't be saved in a map). The fact you see them in SE2K doesn't mean it's applied to the map.
The second image doesn't tell me much, since it doesn't show me which [ID] the light tank is using, but I'm already pretty sure it isn't [1TNK], but the idea of some other unit.

I don't know what you're trying to say with those images though... But whatever it is, it's not proving you're editing art.ini entries.
Like I said before, SE2K can't accomplish anything wordpad can't (but only less) and you'll only benefit from using wordpad instead of SE2K (note this is an advice, nothing else).

It seems that everybody in this topic but you already knows you're wrong (even before you got proven wrong) aside from you. Just do what I said in my previous post so you'll see for yourself.

Also, please try not to be so stubborn in the future, because believe it or not, there are a load of people that have been modding a lot longer than you have and thus have quite a bit more experience.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right... im not trying to flame you or whatever, get this clear... im tying to tell you that the game CAN NOT read any ART.INI flags from anything other than the ART.INI

See my attached image...

The code shows the game loading up the Voxel= flag... notice the call for CCINI_ART, i have highlighted it in yellow with a black outline. This code puts this flag and its contents into the ART.INI memory for the game to use on loadup.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon