Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
What's the most balanced C&C game?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What's the most balanced C&C game?
Tiberian Dawn
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Red Alert 1
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Aftermath
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tiberian Sun
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Firestorm
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Red Alert 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yuri's Revenge
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Generals
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject:  What's the most balanced C&C game? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which of C&C games you think it's more balanced?

- C&C 95 (Tiberian Dawn)
- C&C Red Alert
- C&C Red Alert Aftermath
- C&C Tiberian Sun
- C&C Tiberian Sun: Firestorm
- C&C Red Alert 2
- C&C Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
- C&C Generals

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol generals

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ts...
ra is cheap cause you can soviet mammoth rush
i just h8 ra2
generals never played

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS is cheap with disruptors imo... TD is better, because Obelisk a Light is a headache to the mammoths Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nono, TS isn't unbalanced. You just have to be SKILLED to play it! TS is the most balanced game I've ever played in my entire life. But yes, I'll admit, even it has its own faults. No game can ever be perfectly balanced. But in my book, TS is about as good as it gets.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, TD was pretty much perfect as computer games go. Shame everything went downhill with TS #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no way theres a lot of ways to defend against disrupters

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, you can kill them, but you loose at least about 10% of your base.... and if it goes on an early rush, this percentage has a tendency to grow to 50% or more...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberuim Dawn Smile

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
yes, you can kill them, but you loose at least about 10% of your base.... and if it goes on an early rush, this percentage has a tendency to grow to 50% or more...

thats why if your nod you either defend or quick rush, and if your GDI, make titans to defend and spread them out, they work good.
ive never played firestorm as i dont own it but i think GDI's juggernaughts would ceme in useful as artillery suppourt.

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, I just corrected your spelling, you have a habit of spelling a lot of words with double letters Wink

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think TD is the most balanced because #1 you can't really mod it so its better.

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive killd 6 disruptors with 4 sams 3 bans and 8 rocket men. and they only got and a war

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Techno wrote:
ive killd 6 disruptors with 4 sams

You really dont have a clue do you......

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rofl!!!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LMAO
i think he meant the carryall

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Techno wrote:
ive killd 6 disruptors with 4 sams 3 bans and 8 rocket men. and they only got and a war

btw, if you're gdi, get TITANS. spread them around your base and you should be safe

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont think he meant carryall.. really...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Techno, let us know what you meant, NOW! Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he is banned, he ain't reply.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why'd he get banned?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Techno was banned for acting disrespectfull with this forum and its members. Mainly flames, n00bish action and even a attached a warez stuff in a message.

- He was warned, but he ignored the warning continuing his disrespectfull actions... so I banned him.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, ok cool

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've only seen a few childish comments by him... were did he make the other comments, then?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is an admin... a wild admin that eliminates the crap in the forums...so naive users dont see the crap and the forums are kept cleaned...

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I dont think he meant carryall.. really...

LOL if he really didn't mean carryall's... Wink

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naive... i think you meant another word, but ahh well...

at least no more childish stuff by techno...(AND DELETE HIS LAME MAPS!!!) Wink

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I said FS... but I might be wrong as 1) i havent played it normal and 2) I lost the CD key for it, Ra2, YR, and a copy of TS and ren (I bought the cnc collection)

"Banned" RP here

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say Yuri's Revenge is the most balanced. People who bitch about Yuri are just too dumb to beat him.

The main problem with TS is that most early-game units just become obsolete after a while.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally don't bitch about the Yuri side... I bitch at Prism Tank... it's n00bish and very umballanced unit

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A medium-sized batch of regular tanks can take out a Prism attack, since they are slow, weak and have a long ROF the tanks are fast enough to retaliate. Hell, War Miners are also pretty good against Prisms. Once I took out like 6 Prisms with 1 elite War Miner in a LAN #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prism tanks are fragile when they are not veteran... but they still destroys a lot of buildings with easy on your base, even if you destroy them... they could have less range and less efficience at buildings to be ballanced.... In the current way, it's too easy to destroy the enemy base, specially from AI with few of them.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tiberian sun is by far the most balanced in my opinion altho i dont have ra1.
plus ts has the most fun gameplay

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg, people people people. there is no unbalencing, apart from generals with a super weaon general, souly for alpha aroura's and thats cos they can't be shot cos they go the speed of sound :S

with the prism tanks, if you have kirov airships.. pffff, they're doomed

for every strength there's a weakness, game dev's make sure of that.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any1 that says yuris revenge is balanced is wrong in the head. a few gaurded clones of yrui will make them basicly invincible or at least strong enough to stop any attack

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dooffy wrote:
any1 that says yuris revenge is balanced is wrong in the head. a few gaurded clones of yrui will make them basicly invincible or at least strong enough to stop any attack

Air units? Robot tanks? Snipers? Dogs?

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and the units yuri has already taken over, plus there natural defnse and offense which is excluding the yuri clones

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your iignorant doffy, theres so many other ways of attacking a base... let alone what type of attacks but where to attack.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its a well known fact that RA2 alone is pretty equal, but with yuris revenge the game becomes totaly biased in yuris favour

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if someone who was better at the game was allied and someone who was worse at the game was yuri, the allied player would still win.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

obviously if someone is better than someone else there gona win, im on about if 2 people were equaly as good as each other

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no such thing

Kiith-Sa
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS is most balanced but I like RA1 with Cruisers on one side and Mamooths and Teslas on another.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yuris mindcontrol is easy to beat you just send GIS for them to mindcontrol then when there clogged up with crappy units you attack them with better stuff....

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Last edited by W/P on Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WP wrote:
yuris mindcontrol is easy to beat you just send GIS for them to mindcontrol then when there clogged up with crappy units you attack them with beter stuff....

Thats why you should mix mindcontroles with an army of other stuff.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA1 cruisers kill all but missile subs can beat them. mammoth tanks are good but are eaten by banks of turrets the infantry all suck ass so no issues there

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Thats why you should mix mindcontroles with an army of other stuff.

yup but some stoopid people dont realise that Laughing

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon