Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Sunstroke [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject:  Sunstroke [2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all,

This is why I suddenly remembered to post up that other singleplay-map. This is my newest map, I've been working on for the last few months. Here's the information (as copied from tiberiumweb):

''I finished my 2-player map on which I've been working on for some time now. It's called sunstroke, because of the red, sunny and hot appearence of the map. On the map you'll find three different, new types of tiberium; DarkLime, DarkOrange and Burgandy (in order of value, low to high). There are also two veinholes, which are mostly for visual puposes so they don't grow. The map has a complex, strategic lay-out, and I tried to make the map as fair as I could.

Furthermore there are two 'Tech' structures to be captured. An Old Weapons Factory will give you the right to build Mammoth Tanks, and an Old Temple which gives you Black Hand Riflemen.

There's also a day-night loop (the only trigger). The nightlighting is very dark, about 0.3, and the daylighting is very light, about 0.9. I used one of Ixith's map as an example for the day-night loop, so I would like to thank Ixith for this .

Well here's the map, a couple of screenshots showing the max day and night lightings, a minimap and a megamap (with lighting of about 0.6).

Enjoy please.''

Night.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  643.13 KB
 Viewed:  33322 Time(s)

Night.PNG

1024preview.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  843.67 KB
 Viewed:  33321 Time(s)

1024preview.png

CityDay.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  730.06 KB

CityDay.PNG

Sunstroke.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.36 KB

Sunstroke.PNG

SunstrokeV1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SunstrokeV1.zip
 Filesize:  185.25 KB
 Downloaded:  1868 Time(s)

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooohhhhh looks nice

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should really give a more, "Detailed" description on what you think of the map, Sarpedon. I remembered when this was first posted as a WIP, progress has been slow, so i'm guessing that this will be a fantastic map! I'm just sorry that i can't play it, i've not got Tiberian Sun anymore! Only RA2! Laughing

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like i said at tibweb...

me at tibweb wrote:
VERY nice looking.
Razz you used one of my maps as an example and credited me lol and BTW your day/night times from the loop look REALLY good.

seriously though i was just looking at this map yesterday in its WIP thread thinking "when the hell is Aurora gonna release it?!" XD I must have some good intuition or something that told me you were going to real soon. lol This is a must play and im off to play it. I have a great feeling this map will get spotlighted.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lookin good, as usual Wink

Spotlight, for sure!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me TibWeb Self wrote:
I am shocked you didn't ask me to beta test this for you. All it needs is a couple day time meteor trigs other than that great 9/10 spotlight

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed on spotlight. This map is great! Beautiful lighting, lots of resources, and lovely trigger work on the loops.

Plz spotlight this map kthnxbie.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments,

Quote:
VERY nice looking.
you used one of my maps as an example and credited me lol and BTW your day/night times from the loop look REALLY good.

Yeah, the day-night loop is pretty much the same as in your map, except that you used locals, and I didn't. But anyway, that map gave me a nice example of a day-night loop, so again, thank you Smile .

Quote:
I am shocked you didn't ask me to beta test this for you. All it needs is a couple day time meteor trigs other than that great 9/10 spotlight

Yeah, as I already mentioned on msn, because the map was already taking so long, and had already been delayed so much, I just wanted to release the map as soon as possible.

Anymore comments? For example did anyone like/dislike the map layout and structure?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now this is a map i like, good lighting, nice layout... brilliant work here!

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As at tibweb Razz :

"Alrighty, back from a trip.
Really nice map, I really don't have any things to improve...

- Good lighting
- Good detail
- Excellent useage of rivers
- Everything is mostly good, spotlight this map!"

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing to say..I think just the same as you think about your map.

Up for some modding? =)

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like I said on Tiberiumsun errm I mean Tiberiumweb. XD

Strange color, I like it. Smile
Peanut? *gives Aurora196 a peanut*
Orange lighting makes the map look cooler. Wink
The map looks wherry cool!
Long arm?
Ion storm over my house! Run!
Green houses?
Here we come!
Tommy is in danger? O_O

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i played it and like said this map deserves a spotlight. Only problems were that the AI attacked me in the same spot 98% of the time so all i had to do was set up a large defense there and i was good.

anyways

lighting:9.8/10 you ain't getting that last .2 out of me just yet XD
layout: 10/10 it was beautiful....its just a shame the AI didn't use it all.
Gameplay: 8.5/10 there was a lot to discover and see the only thing that hurt this was the AI attacks at the same place. My only suggestion to fix this and im not even sure if it would work is to create a few AI triggers that have scripts that send them to the far outsides of the map so then they are forced to use the other paths. (just an idea it would take a lot of work but might make it a lot better)
Otherstuff: 9.5/10 i liked the mammoth and the black hand rifle men though i kept thinking the mammoth was a tad bit strong it seemed...but then again it usually seems to be and the black hand were cool little sniper dudes. fun time watching them move those legs as fast as they could yet hardly move anywhere XD

great map and it deserves a spotlight Very Happy
*pokes banshee and whispers start spotlighting....*

Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank for the comments

Ixith wrote:
well i played it and like said this map deserves a spotlight. Only problems were that the AI attacked me in the same spot 98% of the time so all i had to do was set up a large defense there and i was good.

anyways

lighting:9.8/10 you ain't getting that last .2 out of me just yet XD
layout: 10/10 it was beautiful....its just a shame the AI didn't use it all.
Gameplay: 8.5/10 there was a lot to discover and see the only thing that hurt this was the AI attacks at the same place. My only suggestion to fix this and im not even sure if it would work is to create a few AI triggers that have scripts that send them to the far outsides of the map so then they are forced to use the other paths. (just an idea it would take a lot of work but might make it a lot better)
Otherstuff: 9.5/10 i liked the mammoth and the black hand rifle men though i kept thinking the mammoth was a tad bit strong it seemed...but then again it usually seems to be and the black hand were cool little sniper dudes. fun time watching them move those legs as fast as they could yet hardly move anywhere XD

great map and it deserves a spotlight Very Happy
*pokes banshee and whispers start spotlighting....*

Hmm, it indeed might be a good idea for me to check out the possibilities of AI triggers. The only problem is that I always have trouble with those AI triggers. Thanks for the full review btw Smile

Any last comments?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ARE YOU FREE FOR MODDING?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon