Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
2 Techno tracks: Monofunk and Guerilla
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject:  2 Techno tracks: Monofunk and Guerilla Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Available at my newly created Myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/gyamori

They were made as experiments in getting into the Techno sound and way of sequencing. No, I have never actually made Techno before. I think this snippet from Wikipedia sums it up pretty well:
Quote:
There are many ways to make techno, but a typical techno production is created using a compositional technique that developed to suit the genre's sequencer-driven, electronic instrumentation. While this technique is rooted in a Western music framework (as far as scales, rhythm and meter, and the general role played by each type of instrument), it does not typically employ traditional approaches to composition such as reliance on the playing of notes, the use of overt tonality and melody, or the generation of accompaniment for vocals. Some of the most effective techno music consists of little more than cleverly programmed rhythmic foundations and musical phrases that interplay with different types of special signal processing and frequency filtering, mixed in such a way that it's not clear where the instrument's timbres end and the added effects begin.

Monofunk was based around a funk clip I sampled and cut up, changing the pitch and constructing my own riffs. The end result was a somewhat laid-back, housy sound. Guerilla was made using nothing but drum samples. The bongos and congas are about as tonal as you'll get in that track.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh, there quite good... *Adds Gecks*

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow. I agree, they both have a nice rhythm thats quite addictive after a little while of listening.
hmmm......to click add to friends or not to click....that is the question XD

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Influences: [...] Mauro Picotto [...]"
Yeah! Guerilla would fit great on his album!
Really nice work Smile Just the end comes a bit out of a sudden IMO, the track could be some longer, but still it's really good!

Monofunk fits great into my Proggressive playlist, but same thing again, the end is a bit abrupt... I'm not sure myself what you could do better there while not destroying the original track, but I know myself how hard outros are...

In all, very nice work!
Shame you didn't make Guerilla addable #Tongue

(BTW, added you as a friend, "Paddy")

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are nicely mixed and done, and I liked them both. Great job with these tracks!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha man you got some awesome music...

*adds* (I'll be [[The One*]]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I heard these a while ago, but now that i have relistened to them i think you should send some tracks to the radio station tripple j or JJJ in Australia. We realy dig electro over here and it would be awesome to hears one stuff over the waves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!